Yeah, I'm logging into Defiance right now so if you are on, you can add me then. Also, yeah I play Warframe quite alot still :) LordLOC over there just in case :D

I added you (Saijin Demarke) but either I don't know the command yet or private chat isn't in....wot. I'll look it up later...gotta get off the comp for a bit.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this question will never be answered.

But just as a guess, when you've got a thing that takes expensive weaponry to hunt and people often die in said hunts, I don't think it'd be worth the cost to use as a food source.

The same could be said for hunting other predators (all of those I mentioned are dangerous, if not fatal, to man - even today). Therefore, the risk is, indeed, QUITE high - however, given the sheer amount of meat per Mega-Crab (if the critter is edible), the reward could actually match the risk. (Not to mention it would actually make policing the corpses a nice side-benefit.)

The same could be said for hunting other predators (all of those I mentioned are dangerous, if not fatal, to man - even today). Therefore, the risk is, indeed, QUITE high - however, given the sheer amount of meat per Mega-Crab (if the critter is edible), the reward could actually match the risk. (Not to mention it would actually make policing the corpses a nice side-benefit.)

It would rather depend on how toxic they are to human/alien physiology considering they seem to be addicted to arkfall debris. Would you eat something that ingested copious amounts of toxic waste? It is mentioned in the game that there have been scientific studies of the creatures, but only passingly in a goofy sidequest (from what I've seen so far, anyway) so whether or not they've been able to study them in other situations I'm not sure.

Considering the rest of the game, a quest to hunt them for food would be horribly out of place. I'd have a hard time with the suspension of disbelief on that one.

I added you (Saijin Demarke) but either I don't know the command yet or private chat isn't in....wot. I'll look it up later...gotta get off the comp for a bit.

There isn't a private chat. Chat (text) is horrible. Voice chat is horrible. Use TS, Vent, Mumble. Latest dev blog stated they were working on chat, so hopefully that will be included in the 15th patch.

• 3 weeks later...