Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

The Official Page

It looks like it's gonna be very fun to play it! :D

On which platforms will Hearthstone be available?
Hearthstone will initially be available for Windows? and Macintosh?, with a version for iPad coming later.

Oh they said they'd announce something at Pax East or w/e its called. This seems like a very niche market though. Fans of the Warcraft franchise who are also fans of card strategy type games. And MTG as well being the elephant in the room, I really doubt this is going to be that popular. Which is annoying, because I'd wish they'd spend their resources and time on either fixing balance issues in Starcraft 2 Hots or promoting eSports, as Riot and LoL are thoroughly killing it there.

Im not huge into this type of card game and not sure I would sit down at my PC to play this, but I can see myself casually playing this on a tablet. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

• Like 1

"Epic standard of Blizzard"

Yeah...need I mention SC2? Nothing epic there.

Oh come on...

Did you really need to come in here a bash a companies product which isn't even relevant to this one? The fact people get paid to play SC2 is pretty epic enough in itself.

Then you start a topic about the forum and the behaviour of its members...

Signed up for the beta, looks like it could be fun when given a chance.

Strangely enough I didn't bash and that sentence is enough in context with this topic since they were the ones who were claiming they have epic standards (Which isn't only said about this game) while their other games apart from this need fixing.

Strangely enough I didn't bash and that sentence is enough in context with this topic since they were the ones who were claiming they have epic standards (Which isn't only said about this game) while their other games apart from this need fixing.

You're right, I apologise whole-heartedly.

Their games are clearly broken, I should've known better.

Thanks for those examples you provided, helped set me on the straight and narrow.

Clearly you haven't played SC2 and are just relying on the fact that "some 1%" of people playing it are getting paid and then come on with the sarcasm. I'll give you an hint, Terran.

But sure, sorry this isn't the right place for SC2 discussion and I'll move to the right place, I was just stating the fact they said in the video about their "Epic standard about games"

Im not huge into this type of card game and not sure I would sit down at my PC to play this, but I can see myself casually playing this on a tablet. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Same; for me card games are an occasionally-at-best sort of thing but I can see myself playing this on my Windows tablet, looks like an interesting diversion.

Clearly you haven't played SC2 and are just relying on the fact that "some 1%" of people playing it are getting paid and then come on with the sarcasm. I'll give you an hint, Terran.

But sure, sorry this isn't the right place for SC2 discussion and I'll move to the right place, I was just stating the fact they said in the video about their "Epic standard about games"

Your argument would have been a lot better if you said Diablo 3 instead of SC2.

I am not a card game fan. I tried to play Magic when it came to iPad, didn't last. Gameloft just released Order and Chaos Duels for iOS, which is a card game just like this one, and its done pretty well, but still couldn't get into it, but this one does look good as well. At least it helps bring those games to life

• 5 months later...

"Epic standard of Blizzard"

Yeah...need I mention SC2? Nothing epic there.

The game may not be "epic" but the _standards_ Blizzards applies to game development are epic in that they put a lot of spit and shine on it.  Now that spit and shine may be going ontop of a turd, but its going to be the shiniest thing you've ever seen.

I thought SC 2 was terrific but thats just a matter of opinion.  The level of scrutiny Blizzard has for their own development process is not a matter of opinion, it is truly at a very high standard as is evident in the work they put out.

Anyway, I love Blizzard games and am looking forward to this.

yeah... and only because I used to LOVE warcraft... before they released WoW.   Then it all gone to s**t. 

Starcraft II was not good either!

yeah... and only because I used to LOVE warcraft... before they released WoW.   Then it all gone to s**t. 

Starcraft II was not good either!

Warcraft 3 is still a great game.  Nothing WoW did ever changed that.  If they came out with a Warcraft 4 it will probably be a good game too.

• Like 2

Interesting, but from what I see, will not come close to the playability and character of Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers. Magic's simplicity and artwork will be hard to match.

Magic's one weakness though is the limited card sets in the Duels franchise.

Warcraft 3 is still a great game.  Nothing WoW did ever changed that.  If they came out with a Warcraft 4 it will probably be a good game too.

For SURE. I would love it if they did.  I dont even play RTS games anymore, but I would definitely buy at day 1, if they make it.

Interesting, but from what I see, will not come close to the playability and character of Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers. Magic's simplicity and artwork will be hard to match.

Magic's one weakness though is the limited card sets in the Duels franchise.

The major downside I see with Hearthstone so far (I haven't played it, just going by what I've read/watched) is there are no cards that can be played during your opponents turn (there are a form of trap cards and what not, where you play them during your turn and they trigger off an event your opponent activates). One aspect I really enjoyed about MTG was the ability to cast interrupt cards during your opponents turn, it took a bit of control out of your opponents hand during his turn and allowed some really interesting ways to build decks.

EDIT: That being said, anyone know any good digital card games similar to MTG, or are the MTG games worth considering at this time (last I checked most of the MTG digital games were crap)? I'm really itching to play some good old fashion CCGs but I don't have any physical cards or anyone to play with in my area.

The major downside I see with Hearthstone so far (I haven't played it, just going by what I've read/watched) is there are no cards that can be played during your opponents turn (there are a form of trap cards and what not, where you play them during your turn and they trigger off an event your opponent activates). One aspect I really enjoyed about MTG was the ability to cast interrupt cards during your opponents turn, it took a bit of control out of your opponents hand during his turn and allowed some really interesting ways to build decks.

EDIT: That being said, anyone know any good digital card games similar to MTG, or are the MTG games worth considering at this time (last I checked most of the MTG digital games were crap)? I'm really itching to play some good old fashion CCGs but I don't have any physical cards or anyone to play with in my area.

You should give Magic 2014 a try. It's a limited format but now it has quite a bit more flexible deck editing. It's far from crap.

Was just going to ask the same.. I am kinda interested in playing a card game on the iPad/iPhone now..  I see their is Gamelofts version with Order & Chaos Duels, and I see a Magic 2013 and 2014? Whats the difference? Is 2014 the update? If so why didn't they take down 2013 when it went up? I am lost? 

Was just going to ask the same.. I am kinda interested in playing a card game on the iPad/iPhone now..  I see their is Gamelofts version with Order & Chaos Duels, and I see a Magic 2013 and 2014? Whats the difference? Is 2014 the update? If so why didn't they take down 2013 when it went up? I am lost? 

Magic is an annual release. It has limited decks in each release. 2014 also adds manual land editing in core decks and adds sealed deck play (fun, but the first iteration the sealed cards are too limited IMO. But it is only $10.)