Photo

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

official blizzard entertainment peter mcconnell jason hayes warcraft unity pc ios android

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 August 2013 - 13:45

I'd play it, that looks kinda cool.

#17 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 26 August 2013 - 14:24

"Epic standard of Blizzard"

Yeah...need I mention SC2? Nothing epic there.

The game may not be "epic" but the _standards_ Blizzards applies to game development are epic in that they put a lot of spit and shine on it.  Now that spit and shine may be going ontop of a turd, but its going to be the shiniest thing you've ever seen.

I thought SC 2 was terrific but thats just a matter of opinion.  The level of scrutiny Blizzard has for their own development process is not a matter of opinion, it is truly at a very high standard as is evident in the work they put out.

Anyway, I love Blizzard games and am looking forward to this.

#18 Earthworm Jim

Earthworm Jim

Whoa, Nelly !

Posted 26 August 2013 - 15:26

Im not huge into this type of card game and not sure I would sit down at my PC to play this, but I can see myself casually playing this on a tablet. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

yeah... and only because I used to LOVE warcraft... before they released WoW.   Then it all gone to s**t. 

Starcraft II was not good either!

#19 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 August 2013 - 16:24

yeah... and only because I used to LOVE warcraft... before they released WoW.   Then it all gone to s**t. 

Starcraft II was not good either!

Warcraft 3 is still a great game.  Nothing WoW did ever changed that.  If they came out with a Warcraft 4 it will probably be a good game too.

#20 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack/Core i7 4790K/16GB DDR3 1600/Samsung 840 Pro 128GB x 2 - Raid 0/Transcend M.2 256GB/ASRock Z97E-ITXac/GTX 760
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 26 August 2013 - 16:33

Interesting, but from what I see, will not come close to the playability and character of Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers. Magic's simplicity and artwork will be hard to match.

Magic's one weakness though is the limited card sets in the Duels franchise.

#21 Earthworm Jim

Earthworm Jim

Whoa, Nelly !

Posted 26 August 2013 - 16:35

Warcraft 3 is still a great game.  Nothing WoW did ever changed that.  If they came out with a Warcraft 4 it will probably be a good game too.

For SURE. I would love it if they did.  I dont even play RTS games anymore, but I would definitely buy at day 1, if they make it.

#22 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 August 2013 - 17:49

Interesting, but from what I see, will not come close to the playability and character of Magic: Duels of the Planeswalkers. Magic's simplicity and artwork will be hard to match.

Magic's one weakness though is the limited card sets in the Duels franchise.

The major downside I see with Hearthstone so far (I haven't played it, just going by what I've read/watched) is there are no cards that can be played during your opponents turn (there are a form of trap cards and what not, where you play them during your turn and they trigger off an event your opponent activates). One aspect I really enjoyed about MTG was the ability to cast interrupt cards during your opponents turn, it took a bit of control out of your opponents hand during his turn and allowed some really interesting ways to build decks.

EDIT: That being said, anyone know any good digital card games similar to MTG, or are the MTG games worth considering at this time (last I checked most of the MTG digital games were crap)? I'm really itching to play some good old fashion CCGs but I don't have any physical cards or anyone to play with in my area.

#23 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack/Core i7 4790K/16GB DDR3 1600/Samsung 840 Pro 128GB x 2 - Raid 0/Transcend M.2 256GB/ASRock Z97E-ITXac/GTX 760

Posted 26 August 2013 - 18:10

The major downside I see with Hearthstone so far (I haven't played it, just going by what I've read/watched) is there are no cards that can be played during your opponents turn (there are a form of trap cards and what not, where you play them during your turn and they trigger off an event your opponent activates). One aspect I really enjoyed about MTG was the ability to cast interrupt cards during your opponents turn, it took a bit of control out of your opponents hand during his turn and allowed some really interesting ways to build decks.

EDIT: That being said, anyone know any good digital card games similar to MTG, or are the MTG games worth considering at this time (last I checked most of the MTG digital games were crap)? I'm really itching to play some good old fashion CCGs but I don't have any physical cards or anyone to play with in my area.

You should give Magic 2014 a try. It's a limited format but now it has quite a bit more flexible deck editing. It's far from crap.

#24 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 26 August 2013 - 18:29

Was just going to ask the same.. I am kinda interested in playing a card game on the iPad/iPhone now..  I see their is Gamelofts version with Order & Chaos Duels, and I see a Magic 2013 and 2014? Whats the difference? Is 2014 the update? If so why didn't they take down 2013 when it went up? I am lost? 

#25 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

Posted 26 August 2013 - 18:56

Was just going to ask the same.. I am kinda interested in playing a card game on the iPad/iPhone now..  I see their is Gamelofts version with Order & Chaos Duels, and I see a Magic 2013 and 2014? Whats the difference? Is 2014 the update? If so why didn't they take down 2013 when it went up? I am lost? 

Magic is an annual release. It has limited decks in each release. 2014 also adds manual land editing in core decks and adds sealed deck play (fun, but the first iteration the sealed cards are too limited IMO. But it is only $10.)

#26 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 August 2013 - 21:47

I really enjoyed Magic 2013 and Magic 2014 on iPad.  Probably best just to get Magic 2014.  Its fun but if you have never played Magic before there is a bit of a learning curve even beyond what the tutorials provide.

Uhg, I need to get rid of all my old Magic cards to make way for some new ones.

#27 SableRecon17

SableRecon17

Neowinian

Posted 29 August 2013 - 00:58

I've been waiting for this to come out, and thought it was going to have an open beta. I guess right now it's closed (not sure if they're going to have an open beta) and I'm pretty ok with that. If anyone has a spare key I would definitely take it up, but SMELTN asked first. :)

#28 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 14 November 2013 - 22:08

I hear some more keys went out to those who used the blizzard app recently, if anyone has a spare beta key to hook up a fellow neowinian would be greatly appreciated.

#29 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia 920

Posted 14 November 2013 - 22:30

"Epic standard of Blizzard"

Yeah...need I mention SC2? Nothing epic there.

After playing Path of Exile and seeing what an Indy studio did over the years, i question peoples obsession with Blizzard.

#30 Eric

Eric

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13

Posted 14 November 2013 - 22:38

I don't think they send out keys. You just go create a battle.net account and change your beta preferences. They send an e-mail when they add the beta to your account.