OptiClean 1.00

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gazstone

gazstone

Neowinian

Posted 23 March 2013 - 23:48

Hi.
I am currently developing a system optimization and cleaning tool for Vista/Windows 7 (Currently untested on Windows 8).
So far I have included support for IE, Chrome and Firefox.

Posted Image

Please visit my site and test it out: http://gazstone.com/opticlean.htm
Let me know any feature requests or bugs/feedback.

Thanks,
Gareth

#2 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 23 March 2013 - 23:50

It would be nice if you could say, for example, why this is better than CCleaner?

#3 DJGM

DJGM

Mancunian

Posted 24 March 2013 - 00:05

Wasn't there a very similar program branded as "Mozilla Cleaner" even though it obviously wasn't made by Mozilla?

#4 articuno1au

articuno1au

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 24 March 2013 - 00:10

As best I can tell he is just nuking the locations that the browsers hold their cookies/info etc.

It's written in .net to boot >.>

@ gazstone - You can prompt the app to always request elevated permissions on startup. Should fix the issue with users having to right click -> Run as Admin stuff :)

Wasn't there a very similar program branded as "Mozilla Cleaner" even though it obviously wasn't made by Mozilla?

Same guy >.<

http://gazstone.com/downloads.aspx

#5 OP gazstone

gazstone

Neowinian

Posted 24 March 2013 - 00:38

It is a rebranding of Mozilla Cleaner which I have conducted in response to the stir I seem to have caused by using the Mozilla name.
The original incarnation (7 years ago), catered for Firefox, Thunderbird and Mozilla suite hence the name.
I initially wrote the program for my own personal use, however, I though why not put it out there for anyone else to use.
CCleaner is a good software, currently I cannot provide a reason as to why OptiClean is better. Give me a few years though and who knows.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!