• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Doli

Doli

Goo ball

• 7,458 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:21

Posted Image

Be still, the hearts of '90s-era children: Capcom today announced plans to revive the classic NES DuckTales (woo-oo!) game.
But you won't need to dust off the clunky Nintendo Entertainment System to climb back into Scrooge McDuck's top hat — with Disney's blessing, the video game company will produce the HD remake for modern consoles.
The game's graphics are being reimagined in HD, with 3D backgrounds drawn by an original DuckTales cartoon artist; the classic soundtrack will be remastered, as well.
"Through some miracle or planetary alignment, the little game Capcom and Disney fans thought they'd never seen again is being remastered and lovingly enhanced for the millions of us who can't quite get their old NES cartridge from 1989 to play anymore," Capcom employee Chris wrote in a blog post.
Much of the experience will be the same, though, with the exception of the updated aesthetics. Ars Technica reported from PAX East in Boston that the game is based heavily on the original Nintendo version — about 70 percent of the content will be familiar to long-ago players. New side features are expected, like a tutorial stage, character introductions, a museum, and, obviously, the McDuck-special: a "swim in a bin of gold coins" segment.
Posted Image
DuckTales Remastered
"From the Amazon jungle to the oxygenated surface of The Moon, Scrooge McDuck's perilous pursuit of treasures untold has been given a gorgeous update worthy of the original game's enduring legacy," Capcom said. "Better still, DuckTales Remastered gets to do a couple of things the 8-bit original couldn't dream of. (Not the least of which being Scrooge having correct clothing color)."
The original authenticity will remain intact, thanks in part to the voice-acting talent of Alan Young, who has provided the voice for McDuck in almost every Disney game, TV show, and movie since 1983, and will reprise his role.
DuckTales launched on the NES in North America in September 1989, two years after the children's cartoon began its broadcast television run; the characters were based on Carl Barks' 1952 comic book series "Uncle Scrooge."
The updated game is set for a summer release on Xbox Live, PSN, and Wii U.
For a look at the updated title, watch the DuckTales (woo-oo!) announcement trailer below, and feel free to sing along.

Copyright © 2013 Ziff Davis Inc. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6d1A2row6I&feature=player_embedded

http://www.pcmag.com...,2416972,00.asp

more images: http://www.insidethe...-disney-voices/

#2 panacea

panacea

technical cannibal

• 6,064 posts
  • Phone: htc one

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:27

This is beyond awesome !

Not sure I will ever bother playing it... but the nostaligia !

#3 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 13,969 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:28

oh teh memories... But I will say this, this is the equivalent of hollywood reboots/remakes

#4 Arpit

Arpit

The neowin lurker

• 2,014 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:34

i wish disney would also make mickey & donald shorts...the classic types from the golden era of disney, not all this watered down, barney-esque crap they feed to the toddlers before ushering them right to hannah montana.

#5 YounGMessiah

YounGMessiah

"individual magnets"

• 2,192 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:07

video was cool/epic

#6 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,403 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:44

Looks good, except the 3D backgrounds when they are in the house or what I assume is scrooges money place.

curious how they changed scrooge from his old red outfit to the blue, thought he modern blue one was the one he used in the show.

#7 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,007 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:58

Arpit: They just have started again.

curious how they changed scrooge from his old red outfit to the blue, thought he modern blue one was the one he used in the show.

Just got back from Disneyland Paris, oddly a lot of Scrooge toys about - more than in previous years. Wearing red.

#8 tiagosilva29

tiagosilva29

You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

• 12,150 posts
  • Phone: I need a new one. Gibe moni plos

Posted 24 March 2013 - 13:10

I still have the Game Boy cartridge.

A Pekin duck wearing red?

Posted Image

Commie.

#9 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,716 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 21:19

Just give me the option to switch to original music and i'll be happy.

Greatest VG song.

#10 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,403 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 24 March 2013 - 21:34

Greatest VG song.

3 words you are only ever allowed to use together when talking about Giana Sisters.

#11 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• 7,988 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 24 March 2013 - 22:00

A Pekin duck wearing red?

Posted Image

Commie.

lmao