SCREENSHOTS Build 9364

This x1000000. They simply HAVE to add a universal search.

yeah not sure what it is with MS and search lately but search on WP is one of the worst, bring back universal search!

• Like 2

I haven't patched my UXTheme files since the XP days. Don't have the time anymore to do that stuff, nor the will.

hey, suit yourself if you enjoy how it looks ootb or would rather hope for Microsoft to fix it someday.

hey, suit yourself if you enjoy how it looks ootb or would rather hope for Microsoft to fix it someday.

my only problem is I tried the UXstyle beta for 8 and it's just too unstable right now

I think I've found a new feature in Blue called "directplay". I don't know if it's going to be DLNA, some other streaming system or perhaps pushing direct media to WP8, Xbox surface etc?? It's not in my Windows 8 edition so can someone please confirm it's new?

directplay.png

I think I've found a new feature in Blue called "directplay". I don't know if it's going to be DLNA, some other streaming system or perhaps pushing direct media to WP8, Xbox surface etc?? It's not in my Windows 8 edition so can someone please confirm it's new?

directplay.png

Isn't that tied to the new "Play" button in the share charm? I think it's OS level Play To/DLNA instead of it being part of a specific app like WMP and Xbox music.

I cannot wait for this. Having 6 apps up on 2 screens is nirvana.

So far my favorite configuration is 2 apps split screen on my main screen, and then 3 apps that I want to monitor (twitter feeds, desktop progress bars, and music) on my other screen.

This can't come soon enough.

• Like 3

I cannot wait for this. Having 6 apps up on 2 screens is nirvana.

So far my favorite configuration is 2 apps split screen on my main screen, and then 3 apps that I want to monitor (twitter feeds, desktop progress bars, and music) on my other screen.

This can't come soon enough.

Agreed.

Looks like they half listened to us about wanting a manual way to access safe mode again.... not that it will do much good if you can't boot thus far

Appears every boot now

Capture.PNG

I thought they were referring to the box on the Start Screen:

But you're right, there seems to be an ugly search box that overlaps some of the text in the PC Settings screen:

I hope that's not permanent, as it seems unnecessary and poorly implemented. That's exactly what the Charm Bar exists for.

The OP blocked out their username and avatar. New search box appears in the upper right corner of the modern settings screen.

Has anyone had an issue with loading network drivers for this in Hyper-V?

Isn't DirectPlay part of DirectX?

It was but since vista the directly stuff has been dropped, the job it used to do is now done by things like GfWL or Xbox Live in the case of Windows 8. They might be reusing the name for something new is all.

The OP blocked out their username and avatar. New search box appears in the upper right corner of the modern settings screen.

Has anyone had an issue with loading network drivers for this in Hyper-V?

Mine worked fine, just created the virtual network, hooked it up external, and everything loaded fine.

You might want to check and see if your NIC works with hyper v.

BTW, fun trick if you're using Hyper V and want to use multiple monitors.

Use RDP (mstsc in start menu), click the display tab, select "use all monitors", then punch in the IP address for your hyper v machine. It will pop up and use all of your screens.

Mine worked fine, just created the virtual network, hooked it up external, and everything loaded fine.

You might want to check and see if your NIC works with hyper v.

BTW, fun trick if you're using Hyper V and want to use multiple monitors.

Use RDP (mstsc in start menu), click the display tab, select "use all monitors", then punch in the IP address for your hyper v machine. It will pop up and use all of your screens.

Thank you, I am a newb with Hyper-V. I now have internet access.

do you know where can download the Windows Blue Build 9364 ? thank you

I don't think we're allowed to tell you. But. You know. Ask Microsoft. Bing knows.

I don't think we're allowed to tell you. But. You know. Ask Microsoft. Bing knows.

Ingramator knows :D Message me for a magnet link, I don't think Neowin would be to happy posting on here!

I dislike how the new search bar in the settings pages overlap the title.

Is it a floating bar? Like it stays there as you scroll.

The spacing between icon and text and resizing of the IE icon in the Defaults setting page still needs work.

Looks like Blue is mainly a Metro/Modern service pack, nothing I use much of as I spend my Win8 time in the Desktop.

If may indeed be the year of Linux if one day Desktop gets removed from Windows :p

I've tried it on VirtualBox, lags like a bitch though, how is everyone else's experience on VM?

I dislike how the new search bar in the settings pages overlap the title.

Is it a floating bar? Like it stays there as you scroll.

The spacing between icon and text and resizing of the IE icon in the Defaults setting page still needs work.

Looks like Blue is mainly a Metro/Modern service pack, nothing I use much of as I spend my Win8 time in the Desktop.

If may indeed be the year of Linux if one day Desktop gets removed from Windows :p

Keep in mind this is an alpha build, the release will be very very different. The search in control panel is like prealpha and only readily for debugging at the moment. If you don't want to use the new PC Settings there's a switch at the bottom to disable it!