Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Recommend me a Graphics Card

23 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not a heavy gamer at all, but just been and purchased Sim City which is complaining about my Graphics Card and recommends I run it in low settings for better performance.

Can some please recommend a graphics card please?

Spec of my PC is in my signature. My current card is a Geforce GT 610 with 2GB ram onboard. Can be nVidia or AMD, I don't mind either. Suppose the other thing I should mention is that I run it in 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Posted

My Wife uses a ATi HD 6450 to run SimCity (2013) and it runs all max. The video card was $55 AUD. Hope that helps.

Posted

Could you tell me your motherboard?

How much are you maybe thinking of spending?

Posted

Could you tell me your motherboard?

How much are you maybe thinking of spending?

It's the N68-VS3, link to manufacturer's page below if that helps,

http://www.asrock.co...A/N68-VS3%20FX/

Around

Posted

I would suggest getting a 650 Ti, it is a few bucks more than you want to spend, but where your at im sure you can find a deal.

Posted

I would suggest getting a 650 Ti, it is a few bucks more than you want to spend, but where your at im sure you can find a deal.

I wouldn't suggest spending 3 times more than you need to for a card you won't utilise. For Sim City this is a terrible recommendation.

Posted

I wouldn't suggest spending 3 times more than you need to for a card you won't utilise. For Sim City this is a terrible recommendation.

For the sake of just playing Sim City, then I would agree but getting 650 Ti now may cover any future games that I may venture into if and when they take my fancy. Saying that, does you wife play any other games with the 6450? I can grab one of thos from ebay for around

Posted

For the sake of just playing Sim City, then I would agree but getting 650 Ti now may cover any future games that I may venture into if and when they take my fancy. Saying that, does you wife play any other games with the 6450? I can grab one of thos from ebay for around

Posted

I would agree with you, but im sure this user is/will if he gets the card explore more games in the future. And with the times its still good to have something relatively up to date.

Posted

Posted

I would suggest sticking with the 7000 series Ati cards or 600 series Nvidia cards.

Posted

That seems to be good :)

Posted

Thanks to Astropheed and YounGMessiah for all your help and advice, just ordered the MSI 7750 I linked to earlier.

Posted

You're welcome. Nice card. It'll run SimCity perfectly.

Posted

You're welcome. Nice card. It'll run SimCity perfectly.

Well got my new card and installed it last night, something doesn't feel right for some reason. Loading cities takes forever and the game tips that are on the loading screen seems really slow in been drawn etc. Can anyone suggest anything or should I post this in the Sim City Topic?

Posted

In that case, I would get a GTX Titan.

Now now, there's no need to be childish :p

Posted

titan's too costly a gt 640 or gtx650 ti or even the 660 will do

Posted

Well got my new card and installed it last night, something doesn't feel right for some reason. Loading cities takes forever and the game tips that are on the loading screen seems really slow in been drawn etc. Can anyone suggest anything or should I post this in the Sim City Topic?

Is it only SimCity? You have latest drivers for gpu and updates for game installed?

Posted

Is it only SimCity? You have latest drivers for gpu and updates for game installed?

It appears to be only Sim City. I have the latest drivers from ATI / AMD and as far as I know all the updates for Sim City, unfortunately not got much time to diagnose till Saturday :(

Posted

Nvidia graphics cards

Posted

Using Google, I didnt find anyone else with your issue.

Posted

Its not your pc. Sim city is still having server issues. give it time.