Why does Kotaku Hate Nintendo

Why does this garbage site kotaku.com hate Nintendo so much all they do is post hate and lies about Nintendo . Search google and it makes me sick. This site is garbage and so is ever person working for them .

the nintendo wii is pretty poor to be honest. The software problems with slow menus etc is really embarrasing, those shouldn't have been present in the final version. I'm sure once their software problems have been fixed and their new zelda/mario/pikmin (whatever it is called) are out then sales will pick up to an acceptable level. Nintendo did a bad job with the wii U. If they just made a 360 but with better cpu+gpu and allowed you to use the wii controller they would be on to a winner. Their cpu is slower than 360/ps3 which is inexcusable which puts off hardcore gamers, the gamepad also puts off hardcore gamers. A controller like the ps4 would have been perfect for the wii u and would be a LOT cheaper to make.

Their cpu is slower than 360/ps3 which is inexcusable which puts off hardcore gamers

It's on par with the Xbox 360's processor, being slower in some areas but better in others.

Because hating on nintendo has always been the "cool" thing to do everywhere on the internet(including here on these forums).

So don't visit it. Simple as that... :huh:

Hating Nintendo isn't cool, Nintendo not listening to the people is what's not cool. Just like when Microsoft and Sony seem to ignore people. Or when EA and Activision say screw the consumer. Can't have opinions though, or else some fan might get upset. At the end of the day, they're just opinions. You don't have to agree with them, and I don't have to agree with yours. Big deal.

• Like 3

Why does this garbage site kotaku.com hate Nintendo so much all they do is post hate and lies about Nintendo . Search google and it makes me sick. This site is garbage and so is ever person working for them .

It's hard to take you seriously without knowing what these supposed lies are.

Nintendo abandoned thier core gamer crowd and let us down to capitalize on casual crap shovelware. That's why they are mad and I fully understand them.

• Like 4

I like Nintendo and really don't care what any website says. I do listen to reviews at some point but at the end buy or download if I have interest

• Like 1

I love Nintendo and the products they make are top notch builds I have a 360 and a ps3 for the games Nintendo does not have I just do not see a reason to bash them every chance they have like kotaku does its just stupid . I will not visit kotaku ever again . It's just wrong how they go out of there way to post garbage about Nintendo

It's hard to take you seriously without knowing what these supposed lies are.

Agreed. Would you care to post some of these hateful articles?

I read Kotaku AU and most of the US content is copied over to the AU site and I can't recall seeing much hate.

Nintendo; great ideas...terrible execution.

wii was a success in that they sold a whole bunch of consoles at a profit. the idea was great,it was cheap, but a lot of its users didn't buy additional software. pretty much everyone I know bought a wii,but they only played wii sports. i have a wii,but i think ive only bought 5-6 games total.First party titles.

so now Nintendo comes out with wii u. its like the sequel to a successful movie, its a total letdown.

Nintendo is very out of touch with thier customers. As a matter of fact they don't even know who thier customers are.

Many of the casuals they targeted for the wii have moved on to facebook games becuase of the lack of decent online play and they want more social gaming now. So wii party games are out, facebook and social games are in for the casual crowd.

That leaves the wii to older people that don't have social presence. or the select few kids that have moms that won't let them online. That is a very little peice of the pie.

and Hardcore gamers are not gonna come back to nintendo. they allready have a gaming PC, and/or xbox360 or PS3.

• Like 1

I really don't get the Wii U branding. Wii U? Why not just Wii 2. Or a whole new name for a new console. Nintendo usually comes up with new names for new systems.

NES > SNES > Nintendo 64 > Gamecube > Wii

For the Handhelds they kept the Gameboy brand, which made sense because that brand had amazing consumer confidence in it, until they started making DS.

For the Handhelds they kept the Gameboy brand, which made sense because that brand had amazing consumer confidence in it, until they started making DS.

but it has DUAL SCREENS! It's the most awesome name ever in the history of not even trying!

but it has DUAL SCREENS! It's the most awesome name ever in the history of not even trying!

lol true. But I imagine if you asked somebody what "DS" was a lot of people would say "Oh, Nintendo DS". So they have certainly made that branding work for them.

The thing is Nintendo still sells millions of units and games it does not need to be hardcore to be good they have proven this over and over I understand this is prob not the site to talk about them as most of the members are call of duty players

The original Wii was slammed, yet it's sold close to 99 million console's, while the 360/PS3 is still only around 73-74 million (each).

In terms sales, Wii was the winner of this console war.

I'm seeing the same slander (unfounded) against the Wii U. When the 3DS was almost written off, Nintendo turned it around.

Sony's still trying to get the Vita off the ground.

That being said, it to early to tell / predict how the Wii U is / will be doing.

There still too many factors, unknowns about the Xbox Next / PS4 as well.

• Like 1

The original Wii was slammed, yet it's sold close to 99 million console's, while the 360/PS3 is still only around 73-74 million (each).

In terms sales, Wii was the winner of this console war.

I'd bet the software sales tell a completely different story.

Wii U has pretty much deserved all of the criticism its received up to this point:

Average launch titles and this stupid idea of a staggered launch line-up.

Nintendo haven't met sales targets.

Consumers are confused about the Wii/Wii U distinction.

There seems to be little interest from 3rd party devs in porting games to the Wii U (SRIV, Metro Last Light, come to mind).

An exclusive game which people were excited for, Rayman Legends, was pushed back and became multi-platform.

Poor battery life of the controller/tablet..whatever.

1GB update on launch. This one mightn't be a huge issue for some but 1GB is a huge launch update.

The bit about the 3rd parties is just them being lazy. With the wii they had the excuse of it being significantly weaker than the ps360. Now they don't have any excuse other than simply being too lazy to bother.

What is it with you and this laziness argument? It's absurd. The reason is profitably. Are you seriously arguing the devs would say "Well, we could make money from porting to the Wii U, but **** it, we're too lazy"? Completely ridiculous.

You can't make a profit off of something if you don't get the **** off your ass and actually try to in the first place.

Make worthwhile products, people will buy them. Simple.