13 posts in this topic

Posted

Today (March 25th) is when my Subscription is supposed to Auto renew using my paypal account, I was wondering what time that is supposed to happen?

Posted

it didn't happen until 3 days after the sub expired for me. During this time I was still a subscriber.

Posted

sad face, i wish they would have taken it out yesterday however, it has not happened yet.

Posted

It will auto renew when the subscription runs out. From my experience there's a delay of a day or two after the subscription's expiration date before the subscription expires.

Posted

I'm pretty sure there's a grace period, which is probably the (maximum) of 3 days or so. It could have to do with how our system attempts to bill PayPal and if it's successful or not. I've never really looked into it and tbh until we upgrade to 3.4 and reimplement subscriptions (from the ground up) it isn't worth looking into atm.

I've seen some subs expire with 'failed' messages that meant it was impossible to auto-renew for whatever reason.

Posted

[quote name='Neobond' timestamp='1364388888' post='595601090']
I've seen some subs expire with 'failed' messages that meant it was impossible to auto-renew for whatever reason.
[/quote]may be that a few people like me canceled the auto-renew via paypal?
I know last time i resubscribed last year there was no option for one year subscription, only the auto-renew option, which i didn't like. I want to decide myself each year if I want to resubscribe (which i most likely will again this year :))

Posted

still has not removed anything hopefully it will do its thing tomorrow.

Posted

still no funds deducted..... neowinz y u no take my money ?

Posted

Now I am confused, received the following message on PayPal this morning

[quote]
Mar 29, 2013 Recurring Payment To
Neowin, LLC
Suspended
[/quote]
But here on the site it says that recurring is still enabled.

Posted

now the Neowin page is telling me

[quote]
[color=#444444]Active / Canceled [/color][color=#777777][size=3]
(You have canceled the recurring payments but your subscription remains active until the end date)[/size][/color]
[/quote]

Can someone change it to allow me to just make a manual payment :( i want you to have my money

Posted

I have no idea what's going on. I checked subscriptions and your last payment was 19 March 2012, it says PAID until 25 March. I will need Redmak to look at this before I go changing stuff because it's supposed to either expire or renew and it hasn't here :s

Posted

I set your sub end date to 1 April so I can see what happens (if anything)

Posted

I received an email saying that

[quote]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]littleneutrino,[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]You have been sent this email as your subscription payment has been completed.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]------------------------------[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]------------------------------[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]----------[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Details[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]------------------------------[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]------------------------------[/size][/font][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]----------[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Date: Today, 14:10[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Package: Tier 2 - Enhanced Service & Ad free![/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Cost: 28.00 USD[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Expires: 01 Apr 2013[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]This email is for your information only and no further action is required.[/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]You can manage your subscriptions here: [/size][/font][url="http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?s=0&app=subscriptions&"]http://www.neowin.ne...=subscriptions[/url]
[/quote]

I went to the subscription page and it allowed me to renew it and I paid the Fee.now it says i am good til April 2014,

Thank you for getting this fixed.
1 person likes this