System dump of Nexus 4: 328MB.

nuff said.

#32 Mr Nom Nom's

Mr Nom Nom's

Neowinian Senior

• 2,411 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 'Space Grey' (64GB)

Posted 01 April 2013 - 18:05

I agree with him, touchwiz is becoming as bloated and dated as Sense used to be. Stock Android would probably be incredibly fast on Samsung's phones.

What I find funny is how Android is suffering from the same crapware problem that Windows is facing as well. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 and couldn't believe how much crap was crammed in there from various companies - drop box etc. and there is no way to uninstall it without having to root the device. I mean, it is getting to the point that I think that Google should stop ***** footing around and make Motorola the flag ship carrier of Vanilla Android implementations with 3 years software updates and the updated released simultaneously with new Android released to the web. I really can't work out what is holding Google back from doing what they know they need to do.

#33 OP +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,252 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:53

Love Apex! :D

Touchwiz is a joke, and the sooner you get rid of it, the sooner you realize just how bad it is. (much in the same way I didn't know what I was missing using iOS until I switched)

I used TW for about a month on my original Galaxy S Vibrant phone. Then I rooted and got rid of it. I like Apex, just wish they would allow for easy changing of the softkeys without having to flash a mod.

#34 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,936 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 19:16

What I find funny is how Android is suffering from the same crapware problem that Windows is facing as well. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 and couldn't believe how much crap was crammed in there from various companies - drop box etc. and there is no way to uninstall it without having to root the device. I mean, it is getting to the point that I think that Google should stop ***** footing around and make Motorola the flag ship carrier of Vanilla Android implementations with 3 years software updates and the updated released simultaneously with new Android released to the web. I really can't work out what is holding Google back from doing what they know they need to do.

The unfortunate downside of an open platform. Thankfully, the upside (plenty of custom ROMs) covers that off.

#35 Mr Nom Nom's

Mr Nom Nom's

Neowinian Senior

• 2,411 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 'Space Grey' (64GB)

Posted 10 April 2013 - 15:11

The unfortunate downside of an open platform. Thankfully, the upside (plenty of custom ROMs) covers that off.

Too bad such mods are out of the reach for the vast majority of people let alone the invalidation of ones warranty if you end up bricking it.

#36 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,751 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 10 April 2013 - 15:20

System dump of GS4: 1.5GB.

System dump of Nexus 4: 328MB.

nuff said.

thats gross :(

But, I wonder how much of an improvement it would be with CM on the S4 if that even happens