CyanogenMod founder Steve Kondik leaves Samsung, criticizes TouchWiz

Opinions will vary but I have found SOME to be much more stable.

I did say that some are as good, but it's a pretty rare find amongst the dearth of crap.

I did say that some are as good, but it's a pretty rare find amongst the dearth of crap.

Very true, there's a lot of kids who take a rom and just add, add, add!

Even the 3rd party launchers available in the App Store are much better than TW. I use the APEX launcher myself and notice no performance differences over the stock. APEX has a stick look to it but adds more features.

Love Apex! :D

Touchwiz is a joke, and the sooner you get rid of it, the sooner you realize just how bad it is. (much in the same way I didn't know what I was missing using iOS until I switched)

Not so with the Galaxy Note devices. Take away TW from those, and you lose much of the S-Pen functionality as well.

I love my S-Pen. It is so useful the way it is.

I'm using CyanoGen Mod on my S3, with Nova Launcher, Swiftkey and a custom kernel that allows me to under volt the CPU and use different governors and schedulers.

What I get with CGM should be the experience we all get when we buy a Samsung phone. Super fast, no bloat, crazy battery life and an up to date version of Android, not some old 4.1.2 release, etc.

TouchWiz is like a pile of **** over a great phone. I come from the iPhone universe and I hated my Galaxy at first. I started to love using this phone when I got rid of TouchWiz? go figure.

b21bdf2e2f3de0aca7e0b9f1886ef.png

54acced74a5fd328060bc6093aa67.png

e6979c0924cf3dd0b73c2fb376176.png

I agree with him, touchwiz is becoming as bloated and dated as Sense used to be. Stock Android would probably be incredibly fast on Samsung's phones.

What I find funny is how Android is suffering from the same crapware problem that Windows is facing as well. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 and couldn't believe how much crap was crammed in there from various companies - drop box etc. and there is no way to uninstall it without having to root the device. I mean, it is getting to the point that I think that Google should stop ***** footing around and make Motorola the flag ship carrier of Vanilla Android implementations with 3 years software updates and the updated released simultaneously with new Android released to the web. I really can't work out what is holding Google back from doing what they know they need to do.

Love Apex! :D

Touchwiz is a joke, and the sooner you get rid of it, the sooner you realize just how bad it is. (much in the same way I didn't know what I was missing using iOS until I switched)

I used TW for about a month on my original Galaxy S Vibrant phone. Then I rooted and got rid of it. I like Apex, just wish they would allow for easy changing of the softkeys without having to flash a mod.

What I find funny is how Android is suffering from the same crapware problem that Windows is facing as well. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 and couldn't believe how much crap was crammed in there from various companies - drop box etc. and there is no way to uninstall it without having to root the device. I mean, it is getting to the point that I think that Google should stop ***** footing around and make Motorola the flag ship carrier of Vanilla Android implementations with 3 years software updates and the updated released simultaneously with new Android released to the web. I really can't work out what is holding Google back from doing what they know they need to do.

The unfortunate downside of an open platform. Thankfully, the upside (plenty of custom ROMs) covers that off.

The unfortunate downside of an open platform. Thankfully, the upside (plenty of custom ROMs) covers that off.

Too bad such mods are out of the reach for the vast majority of people let alone the invalidation of ones warranty if you end up bricking it.

System dump of GS4: 1.5GB.

System dump of Nexus 4: 328MB.

nuff said.

thats gross :(

But, I wonder how much of an improvement it would be with CM on the S4 if that even happens