Supersampled to ****, but I'm confident now that there's no microtransaction BS this game should be great!

Did the first one have microtransactions? The second one had DLC, but none of it was essential. I paid about five bucks for everything ? the base game goes for three bucks regularly, and I don't think there's anything I'd miss if I had that version instead. There's a helicopter that's good, but I got a mod that turns one of the enemy choppers into this super awesome chopper with two rocket banks and two machine gun banks. It's absurd because it's on this colorful chopper, but the game is supposed to be absurd.

I thought the beginning of JC2 was overly difficult vs the rest of the game. I did that first parachute thing about a dozen times. Kept telling me I didn't get close enough. /sigh A few other parts I had to do over a few times. But once I got the free roam, it was great. I was going for 100% at one point, and got a save viewer to show me the things I missed. Ultimately, I made it to 79%. 75% for the achievement, then some more just for fun. You can't download it without getting a bunch of spyware, though. So yeah, that was fun to deal with. If anyone wants it, I can share it ? not the spyware, the actual map thing is clean. The spyware is required to download it. But I had a clean system to run it through, so I did. You load your save (best to make a backup and load that) and it shows you all the things. Lags, at least on mine, because the game is running. I wish it were an Android app. That would be helpful.

Damn thing's too big. I hope they change the setting for JC3. I'm kind of sick of the jungle. JC2 had a little of everything, but at the same time it seemed to get old, quick. I guess I want more unique places, like Baby Panay's fortress and the mile high club. And hey, how about more than one city, eh? Or was that supposed to be three cities? I took it to be one city with three districts. Anyway, I'm hoping for a Europe/Eastern European feel. That would be great.

I don't think you can actually get to 100% completion in the base game, a few items that are required for the achievement aren't actually in the world. There's also an issue where if you destroy an object before you get into the area (When it shows you the name of it) that it doesn't count towards completion.

I've heard it's possible under certain conditions. At one point I wanted to 100% all the settlements, at least. I had the northernmost island completely done. I was almost done with the southwestern (desert) island. But yes, I'd heard of glitches preventing it. Fortunately I found a game more productive to my interests, having done all I was interested in doing in JC2. Loved it, but will probably never play it again. And I only put ~80 hours in.

• 3 weeks later...
The game has an entry on Steam

The community manager hinted that we will soon see more info about JC3. I guess that could include gameplay movies, previews etc.

Our big campaign for JC3 is just around the corner...it's kinda a longer corner though so don't expect it immediately as we are trying to polish a few things before opening the door to the amazing JC3 world for everyone to see...and point out what we have messed up...just kidding. We are perfect (irony in my voice). But seriously, we are super excited (and nervous) about showing you what we have worked on so hard and hopefully, it will make your Just Cause heart happy. :)

Cheers, 
Petra 
The Tanned Community Manager

Looking forward to this, it's been a long time since 2. 

I'd love to Mercenaries make a come back too. I loved calling in airstrikes! 

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to this, it's been a long time since 2. 

I'd love to Mercenaries make a come back too. I loved calling in airstrikes! 

Mercs 2 was just weird.  I would've probably loved it if the PC port didn't seem so horrendously broken.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be all over this game.  I spent mindless hours just going in and destroying bases and such, devising elaborate and twisted ways to destroy vehicles and planes and people.  Will be excited to see the shared videos of different ways to destroy things now with the next-gen video sharing.  Three attachment points on the grappling hook, and a flight suit that you can seamlessly switch between the parachute and back?  I'm drooling as I type.

• 1 month later...

Currently on my second go-round with Just Cause 2, and I'm 111+ hours into it and i've only done 3 main missions.  So much fun, I've spent all my time taking over bases, settlements and cities.  All faction missions are done.  As of right now, I'm just going around doing the various races.  I love this game, and I'm impatiently waiting for the third installment to show up.