Just Cause 3

official just cause 3 avalanche studios square enix pc ps4 xbox one

29 replies to this topic

#16 Buio

Buio

Neowinian

• 955 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 21:31

Wonder if we will see another publisher and distributor with JC3. For JC2 it was Eidos/Square Enix.

#17 OP compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,985 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:15

KiIko8v.png

For the uninitiated:

Just Cause 3 is an upcoming open-world action-adventure video game developed by Avalanche Studios and published by Square Enix. It was announced on November 11, 2014. It is the sequel to the 2010 video gameJust Cause 2. It is set to be released in 2015 on Microsoft WindowsPlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

It has been confirmed to be a full-price game without microtransactions.

http://www.justcause.com/

#18 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,529 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:34

I didn't like JC1, but I loved JC2, so I'm hopeful (Y).

#19 OP compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,985 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:11

I'm pretty much on the same page. JC2 was a lot of fun.

#20 Sadelwo

Sadelwo

Neowinian

• 1,091 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 820

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:13

Oh joy, more grapple hook using, vehicle hijacking explosive parachuting chaos! :woot:

#21 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Neowinian Senior

• 17,395 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:10

One of my favourite sandbox series. Glad it's getting an outing on the new consoles (although I'll naturally be getting the PC version). :D I vaguely remember encountering a rather pleasant glitch in the first game on the 360; was driving, caught some air, I think I crash-landed and then suddenly every single achievement unlocked for me. :laugh:

#22 +WildWayz

WildWayz

The Moose God

• 334 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 17 November 2014 - 14:37

Great news! JC2 was great! The multiplayer mod was awesome too!

#23 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,623 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 14:39

Hee.  I'm sure I'll love it when it's out, but it's been too long for me to care that deeply.

#24 Earthworm Jimmy

Earthworm Jimmy

Oh yeah, that's right.

• 8,548 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 15:48

My friends is a huge fan of JC2..      I never really got into it myself, quit after an hour..  but I saw him playing the game later, and it looked great!   He put in countless hours in it, flying jets and parachuting and it looked great for ps3.

I am definitely going to be playing JC3

#25 Tony.

Tony.

Neowinian Senior

• 7,041 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 00:57

The Graple mods etc were great.  The fun of tying 2 Passenger Jets together is hilarious not to mention attaching cars to them.  The Nuke mod fun for the first 30 minutes then got boring.

#26 OP compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,985 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:02

cuQL4ua.jpglzbm4dP.jpgYdgQSxk.jpg

MORE HERE

#27 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,611 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 15:33

Supersampled to ****, but I'm confident now that there's no microtransaction BS this game should be great!

#28 dragontology

dragontology

Neowinian

• 28 posts
  • Phone: HTC One M8, Android 5.0

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:37

Did the first one have microtransactions? The second one had DLC, but none of it was essential. I paid about five bucks for everything — the base game goes for three bucks regularly, and I don't think there's anything I'd miss if I had that version instead. There's a helicopter that's good, but I got a mod that turns one of the enemy choppers into this super awesome chopper with two rocket banks and two machine gun banks. It's absurd because it's on this colorful chopper, but the game is supposed to be absurd.

I thought the beginning of JC2 was overly difficult vs the rest of the game. I did that first parachute thing about a dozen times. Kept telling me I didn't get close enough. /sigh A few other parts I had to do over a few times. But once I got the free roam, it was great. I was going for 100% at one point, and got a save viewer to show me the things I missed. Ultimately, I made it to 79%. 75% for the achievement, then some more just for fun. You can't download it without getting a bunch of spyware, though. So yeah, that was fun to deal with. If anyone wants it, I can share it — not the spyware, the actual map thing is clean. The spyware is required to download it. But I had a clean system to run it through, so I did. You load your save (best to make a backup and load that) and it shows you all the things. Lags, at least on mine, because the game is running. I wish it were an Android app. That would be helpful.

Damn thing's too big. I hope they change the setting for JC3. I'm kind of sick of the jungle. JC2 had a little of everything, but at the same time it seemed to get old, quick. I guess I want more unique places, like Baby Panay's fortress and the mile high club. And hey, how about more than one city, eh? Or was that supposed to be three cities? I took it to be one city with three districts. Anyway, I'm hoping for a Europe/Eastern European feel. That would be great.

#29 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,529 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:42

I don't think you can actually get to 100% completion in the base game, a few items that are required for the achievement aren't actually in the world. There's also an issue where if you destroy an object before you get into the area (When it shows you the name of it) that it doesn't count towards completion.

#30 dragontology

dragontology

Neowinian

• 28 posts
  • Phone: HTC One M8, Android 5.0

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:14

I've heard it's possible under certain conditions. At one point I wanted to 100% all the settlements, at least. I had the northernmost island completely done. I was almost done with the southwestern (desert) island. But yes, I'd heard of glitches preventing it. Fortunately I found a game more productive to my interests, having done all I was interested in doing in JC2. Loved it, but will probably never play it again. And I only put ~80 hours in.