IE from 4051 to XP?

hi @ll

has anyone tryed to get the InternetExplorer from LH 4051 PDC working on XP or 2k3 ? would be nice if someone has and could tell me if it works or what files to grab from LH.....

hi @ll

has anyone tryed to get the InternetExplorer from LH 4051 PDC working on XP or 2k3 ? would be nice if someone has and could tell me if it works or what files to grab from LH.....

No, I dont think they have, it be crazy if they did. I love the new download manager and pop up blocker.

its sooner than it'll take you to rip IE from longhorn, its redesigned to take advantage of avalon. besides, 2004 is less than 2 months away now, are you telling me you can't just download the google bar or something and use it to block pop ups for the time being?

The SP2 Beta starts in two months, the final will be released in (?) Q3 2004. I may be wrong though :)

Microsoft?s roadmap says first beta of SP2 end of this year and the final in the first half 2004.

patience is a virtue, the time for IE will come when it comes....

just one question tho, why do ppls get so excited about updated versions of things? For me, i just get angry if i dont have the latest version of everything. I am an up-to-date freak! lol :D

Internet Expolrer 6.05 will be included in SP2 when it's released.

That's total BS! Microsoft said that IE 6 SP1 will be the last standalone web browser, so this will never happen.

That's total BS! Microsoft said that IE 6 SP1 will be the last standalone web browser, so this will never happen.

Standalone == downloadable as a STANDALONE app.

A service pack is an OS update, and IE is part of the OS.

--

Danny Smurf

When I was doing the W2K Sp4 beta test IE was never updated. Same goes if you install Sp4 on W2k no up dates to IE6. You are left with IE 5.5 I believe but not IE6. I think the same will apply to this update.

Example when you do the Sp1 update for Xp you still have to update IE 6 with it roll up package that is separate.

:no:

jake1eye

When I was doing the W2K Sp4 beta test IE was never updated. Same goes if you install Sp4 on W2k no up dates to IE6. You are left with IE 5.5 I believe but not IE6. I think the same will apply to this update.

Example when you do the Sp1 update for Xp you still have to update IE 6 with it roll up package that is separate.

:no:

jake1eye

That would be slightly incorrect. Yes, the version doesn't change in W2K SP4, but in comparison to Service Pack 1, the High Encryption Pack was included since when I checked About Internet Explorer as soon as I installed my copy of Windows 2000 (with SP4 slipstreamed), 128-bit encryption was automatically included as compared to only 56-bit in SP1. As for the version, it's IE 5.0, not 5.5 that's included in 2000. You're confusing 2000 with ME (ugh, how that crap still lingers on many PC's)!

ok since everybody says that its not posible to rip the IE from Longhorn i just spented about 3h desingin an loockalike :) here the screen..... if anybody wants it just PN me

IE.jpg

ok since i got a lota PN's over night i decited to but up a small webpage... right now its not looking like much becourse im just desinging the next version ill try to keep the page up to date with dev shots so u can see how far the next version is... if anybody got some coments feel free to post them since im curently working on build 0002 it would be easy to add something quikly....

Link

hope u all can read my bad english :)

greetz from germany

ie 6.05 will probably also include changes to the plugin system because of a legal case with a certain company starting with the letter E :hmmm:

*cough* eloas *cough* ... :shifty:

hi @ll

version 2 is up and ready for download....

allready thinking bout version 3 working on the block popups right now.....

@Chris123NT what error do u get? what OS are u using ? i dont got probs unter XP 2k3 and 2k just works fine there