IE from 4051 to XP?

you rule..... have you fixed the problem with opening a new windows being linked to the last... and not spawning a new instance

and in v2 youve got some loose pixels on the left and right hand side.... little dos that cover the pages.. all on the side

Edited by EnIgMa-PenGuIn

you rule..... have you fixed the problem with opening a new windows being linked to the last... and not spawning a new instance

and in v2 youve got some loose pixels on the left and right hand side.... little dos that cover the pages.. all on the side

thx

1. new windows hmm jap seems to be a smal prob right now i dont see a decent way to solve this. only if i set the state of new windows to open in new explorer but then it will open the normal IE so that would have to be replaced with mine.....

2. jap i saw the pixels and realy dont know where they come from.. trying to fix that in build 0003 what hopefuly is gonna have the popup blocker... i just tryed it in an test build and it seems to work that a blocked URL is not opening... but ill gues a have to find a way to add URLs to the block list all not that easy but ill give it a try

keep the ideas comming :)

Hey man Great conversion, I think that we have to open post in costumizing XP! This deserves more attention! BUT the following:

I think this is still in alpha stage. There are a few things you have to fix. The window corners aren't 100% clean. The icons aren't sharp like the ones used in Y's Toolbar. Thet window doesn't resize to fit ( for example: im running smartbar and when using you IE it always manages to get behind the bar,clicking for resize doesn't help. The pulldown/dropdown menus have to drop down when you hover over it (like the normal IE). And last but not least there are some useless pixels at the left and right of the int.explorer window. Hope this helps you project and im eagerly waiting for your next release!

Hey man Great conversion, I think that we have to open post in costumizing XP! This deserves more attention! BUT the following:

I think this is still in alpha stage. There are a few things you have to fix. The window corners aren't 100% clean. The icons aren't sharp like the ones used in Y's Toolbar. Thet window doesn't resize to fit ( for example: im running smartbar and when using you IE it always manages to get behind the bar,clicking for resize doesn't help. The pulldown/dropdown menus have to drop down when you hover over it (like the normal IE). And last but not least there are some useless pixels at the left and right of the int.explorer window. Hope this helps you project and im eagerly waiting for your next release!

ok

1. resize does work look in the bottom right corner click and pull to size

2. graphics will work on in the next release (project is 2 days old)

3. menus i like it its something i never seen bevore and its gonna stay

4. pixels on sides well dont know where they come from course bild 1 is clean trying to fix in version 3 also

5. if anyone of u guys want to help a litle on the project feel welcome u could send me some clean graphics if u have some course thats the most work

overall i think for a 2day project with 2 builds im doing prety good...

and yap its a good idea to move this thread to costumizing XP as well so if a Mod thinks this is ok he could just copy the last postings

greetz

totally awsome for a 2 day old project ;) ill see what i can do about the graphics

::EDIT:::

try to lower your compression if your going to re save them as jpg.. or try png or some other format

::2nd edit.. posted them but neowin did something screwy and they looked crap... damn upload manger ****

heres a zip.....

bar.zip

Edited by EnIgMa-PenGuIn

yes doesn't work for me either I'm afraid. I use Windows XP Professional Media Center Edition

The exe wont load ! :(

Tested it on a WinXP SP1 Pro we have on our other PC, which it did work on that. So yes I guess it works on XP Pro but not on mine which is the MCE :(

yes doesn't work for me either I'm afraid. I use Windows XP Professional Media Center Edition

The exe wont load ! :(

Tested it on a WinXP SP1 Pro we have on our other PC, which it did work on that. So yes I guess it works on XP Pro but not on mine which is the MCE :(

sorry cat couldn test it an MCE :) but thx for the info

@ all the pixels on the sides... found the bug in the alpha blending so its fixed in build 3 also build 3 is gona have a second skin what would be Aero and maybe a blue Slate theme.. see what i can do but im not sure bout the popup blocker it might come in build 4 that would mean that i could release build 3 by end of the week...

greetz

Works for me.

The back and forward buttons dont work though for me.

As for the menus, when open, it stays open. Would be good for it to Auto Hide after say a second.

As for the resizing via clicking on the titlebar, i would like this also as it is very handy

Otherwise after 2 days work, i have to say that this is a great job you have done. Excellent work on your part and i hope you continue with it and develop it into something really special as it can be.

Cheers

I'll add a twist to the "It won't work for me" crowd then. I'm using XP Pro SP1 (all updates applied) and zilch.

I can double-click it all day long and not a jot.

If you want to know dll versions etc, gimme a shout.

um dude dont ask for too much k.. let him do it as he goes, i dont wanna see people trying to push too much out of people because they cant wait

could you add what davey said, also a pop-up blocker, tabs and a download manger that's in IE in longhorn?

hold up man this project is 3days old popup blocke is comming tabs thinking bout it but not sure DL manager ufff dont thik so maybe in build 1xxx or never for now i still think im doing good

and best news for day 3 :) build 0003 is up just uploaded it hope ull like the Aero skin :)

before i forget lokal browsing in my computer or documents for right now its still disabled but its comming just have to make some changes to the interface so that would be 2 more skins for that to work but like EnIgMa-PenGuIn says dont push....

greetz