'Stop the bull****' in wireless pricing says T-Mobile CEO

John Legere kicked off T-Mobile's event in New York City today with an unrelenting tirade against the carrier's competitors. "Stop the bull****," the CEO said, referring to the traditional subsidy model being pushed by Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint. "Carriers are really nice to you... once every 23 months," teased Legere, in a no-nonsense presentation even more aggressive than his speech at CES earlier this year. "This is the biggest crock of **** I've ever heard in my entire life. Do you have any idea how much you're paying?" Legere blasted T-Mobile's competitors for locking mobile customers into two-year agreements ? a business practice T-Mobile has abandoned with its new "Uncarrier" rate plans.

"Customers love smartphones, everyone hates contracts," he said, equating the longstanding industry model to "smartphone hell." He said, "if you come to T-Mobile, you've signed your last contract." The verbal barbs kept coming as Legere touted T-Mobile's just-launched LTE network. To demonstrate his confidence in the carrier's s new strategy, Legere said plainly "if we suck this month, drop us. Go somewhere else."

And months after the AT&T / T-Mobile merger fell apart, there's clearly no love lost between the companies. "Customers don't need another AT&T," Legere chided. "Customers need someone to stop acting like AT&T." Legere eventually departed the stage, but not before he'd made it abundantly clear that America's number four carrier is on a radical new path.

http://www.theverge....ceo-john-legere

Video in source...

Problem with T-Mobile is their coverage and the reason I went ot Verizon after being with TMO for over 8 years. I moved to a place where they didnt have good coverage. They are great in the cities tho and if they can improve their coverage, I may consider switching back. But then again, pretty unprofessional of the CEO.

i kinda agreed with t-mobile CEO. AT&T and Verizon are raping customers off with high monthly fees, high cost data plan with low allowance and locked with 2 years contract. If t-mobile has wide coverages, i might consider switching to t-mobile from AT&T.

I'm assuming t-mobile USA is compeltely different from t-mobile UK/EE, because they're incredibly overpriced and **** over here.

I'm a T-mobile UK customer, and I find them to be mixed. I'm paying waaaay over the odds for my HTC One X with them, and I'll admit to that. I got suckered in with their unlimited internet deals and now pay far more than I need to. That said though, they've treated me well. I've found their coverage satisfactory (much better since the merger), and they knocked ?10 off for the last 6 months of my previous contract after I'd paid for the phone in full, which was a bonus.

That all said though, after the scam they pulled with their 4G prices, I'm probably headed to Three next year.

That's what I mean, they're more expensive than o2/giffgaff.

Three still seems like the best internet focused mobile provider, they've always had a bad rep though.