alabama religious diversity allowed eggs tolorance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#31 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:08

Actually this brings more people in to the egg hunt from all religions, Why exclude them ? :)

Funny coming from the very person saying don't have Easter in school. They are called Easter eggs. But you are saying don't do them at all because they have. I am saying do all holidays as long as there is someone at the school who wants it. You are saying, don't allow it at all. There is no endorsement involved in allowing an easter egg hunt. You are saying that banning a holiday because of christians is allowing religious diversity. That is nothing but a pure logic fail. You are arguing that by not allowing one set of believes you are promoting all believes, including the one that is being banned. Are you reading why you type? All them all. Simple as that. That is what you are arguing against. You are arguing that no holidays should be allowed with any religious ties. I am an athiest so I'm not sure why you think I would be against the very thing I am arguing for. Allow all holidays.

To spell it out for everyone and you since you aren't grasping the logic you are supporting.

Scenario 1:
Nonchristian holiday happens. Christians complain and want it banned. You say shut up christians to allow for religious diversity.

Scenario 2:
Christian holiday happens. Nonchristians complain. You say shut up christians, you can't have your holiday to allow for religious diversity.

Scenario 1 we all agree is wrong. Where you fail is agreeing that Scenario 2 is right. If you argue that you want to promote diversity, you allow both holidays, not just the nonchristian ones like you are currently arguing. According to your logic and argument, its not discrimination as long as its only discriminating christians. You are taking the same line of logic that says it isn't possible to be racist against white people.

#32 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:16

They knew that babies came from sperm and eggs thousands of years ago?....

babies and baby chicks.

#33 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,587 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Enterprise & Server 2012R2/08R2 Datacenter
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:20

Funny coming from the very person saying don't have Easter in school.

Wow way to ignore everything I posted, Those Christian persecution spectacles must be extra strong.

They are called Easter eggs. But you are saying don't do them at all because they have.

Nope that's the exact opposite of what I said hence

Actually this brings more people in to the egg hunt from all religions, Why exclude them ?

You are saying, don't allow it at all.You are saying, don't allow it at all..

Nope never said that hence ^

There is no endorsement involved in allowing an easter egg hunt.

When its on school grounds during school hours there is.

You are saying that banning a holiday because of christians is allowing religious diversity. That is nothing but a pure logic fail.

Ok im beginning to suspect this is a deliberate strawman. Don't exclude people of other religions by having the religious dogma included simples!

You are arguing that by not allowing one set of believes you are promoting all believes, including the one that is being banned..

Nope by not bringing in the christian dogma you allow everyone in on the egg hunt, Little tommy can learn about the zombie jesus at home.

that is what you are arguing against. You are arguing that no holidays should be allowed with any religious ties. I

Still not what I said.

#34 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:21

Still not what I said.

You are defending a guy who banned a holiday because it has christian ties so yes you are.

#35 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:22

My god people taking this too far. No wonder tums sell so well these days and are hard to find at the drug stores. Same with booze.

#36 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:26

Actually this brings more people in to the egg hunt from all religions, Why exclude them ?

Either you are trolling or you have never stepped foot outside of your house. Ever been to an easter egg hunt. Do you have any clue what happens there? You look for eggs. Maybe somebody in a bunny costume takes pictures with you. Thats it. Nobody is excluded. Come back to reality. Stop arguing that because its christians, its okay.

Nope by not bringing in the christian dogma you allow everyone in on the egg hunt, Little tommy can learn about the zombie jesus at home.

Since you clearly know all about christian dogma. Please show us where in the bible it talks about looking for eggs and bunnies who hide them. We will all wait patiently. Last time I checked, zombies had to do with halloween, not easter, but hey, you are the expert here.

When its on school grounds during school hours there is

So once again you argue that it shouldnt be allowed at all. So all holidays with any ties to any religion should be banned from schools because if you don't, you are endorsing them according to your logic. Seriously.. where do you get your cool-aid. If you read the article, which at this point I highly doubt you've done, the guy banned all things to do with Easter, including the bunnies and eggs, which have zero to do with religion, because of religion. You are arguing that he did the right thing which means you support banning anything that has a even a small tie to religion.

#37 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,587 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:27

Either you are trolling or you have never stepped foot outside of your house. Ever been to an easter egg hunt. Do you have any clue what happens there? You look for eggs. Maybe somebody in a bunny costume takes pictures with you. Thats it. Nobody is excluded. Come back to reality. Stop arguing that because its christians, its okay.

Great so you wont mind what happened here at all.Boys and girls at an Alabama elementary school will still get to hunt for eggs :)

Since you clearly know all about christian dogma. Please show us where in the bible it talks about looking for eggs and bunnies who hide them. We will all wait patiently. Last time I checked, zombies had to do with halloween, not easter, but hey, you are the expert here.

Please show me where it talks about santa clause and presents ? Oh and zombie is a reference to the resurrection.

#38 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:32

Great so you wont mind what happened here at all.

Please show me where it talks about santa clause and presents ? Oh and zombie is a reference to the resurrection.

Of course I mind. They banned a secular holiday and the fun kids get from it because of a small tie to religion. At the same time, they argue that by banning something religious, it promotes religious diversity. That is illogical and retarded.

I don't have to show you where it says anything about santa clause because that's your argument, not mine. You are the one arguing that because a christians attached their own things to easter, it shouldn't be allowed at all.You are arguing that easter has a christian dogma. Please show us where in the bible it talks about a bunny that hides eggs. You are the one that is claiming that easter is a christian holiday, and should be banned because of it, not me. You are arguing that saying Merry Christmas shouldnt be allowed because it may offend someone because of its christian ties. So please, show us how banning religion promotes religious diversity like the principal said. You are the one defending him here after all.

#39 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,587 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:33

Of course I mind. They banned a secular holiday and the fun kids get from it because of a small tie to religion. At the same time, they argue that by banning something religious, it promotes religious diversity. That is illogical and retarded.

I don't have to show you where it says anything about santa clause because that's your argument, not mine. You are the one arguing that because a christians attached their own things to easter, it shouldn't be allowed at all.You are arguing that easter has a christian dogma. Please show us where in the bible it talks about a bunny that hides eggs. You are the one that is claiming that easter is a christian holiday, and should be banned because of it, not me.

Well we are living in two different universes because I read that the egg hunt was still going ahead herpaderp :rolleyes:

Boys and girls at an Alabama elementary school will still get to hunt for eggs

Those poor children their egg hunt is ruined they banned it! Oh wait they didnt :rofl:

#40 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:39

Well we are living in two different universes because I read that the egg hunt was still going ahead herpaderp :rolleyes:

Those poor children their egg hunt is ruined they banned it! :rofl:

I live in the universe where he tried to ban it and parents had to pressure him to allow it. Lets just ignore that though. You are right. They shouldn't be allowed to do anything with any religious ties. That will clearly promote religious diversity like you said. Flawless logic you got there.

#41 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,587 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:44

I live in the universe where he tried to ban it and parents had to pressure him to allow it.

Please provide evidence for this assertion.

Lets just ignore that though. You are right. They shouldn't be allowed to do anything with any religious ties. That will clearly promote religious diversity like you said. Flawless logic you got there.

https://yourlogicalf...is.com/strawman

#42 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:45

My god

You can't say that. You might offend TPreston.

https://yourlogicalf...is.com/strawman

There wasn't a misrepresentation. You said what the principal did was fine. He tried to ban everything down to the easter egg hunt because it claims banning a holiday wioth any christian ties promotes religious diversity. You agreed with him. There is no misrepresentation there. Try again.

#43 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,587 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:47

You can't say that. You might offend TPreston.

Oh look another strawman.

#44 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:48

Please provide evidence for this assertion.

It is in the article where you are picking and choosing from instead of reading the entire thing. In order to have easter eggs, they had to compromise with other shapes. Apperently eggs are too christian for the principal. Seriously, stop trolling and read for a change.

Oh look another strawman.

Oh god singles out a religion. According to you, that's offensive. No strawman. Did you even look at the definition before you posted the link? I know die hard republicans who don't throw at logic as much as you.

#45 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 9,731 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:51

I love Easter because those Cadbury eggs go on sale. Speaking of which, it's time to buy some.