alabama religious diversity allowed eggs tolorance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#46 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:52

I love Easter because those Cadbury eggs go on sale. Speaking of which, it's time to buy some.

Do you mean on sale as in being sold or on sale as in a cheaper price? I like how all candy is turned into jelly beans. Love me some jelly beans.

#47 TPreston

TPreston

Neowinian Senior

• 2,599 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Enterprise & Server 2012R2/08R2 Datacenter
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:53

It is in the article where you are picking and choosing from instead of reading the entire thing. In order to have easter eggs, they had to compromise with other shapes. Apperently eggs are too christian for the principal. Seriously, stop trolling and read for a change.

“Even non-believers enjoy a good egg hunt. Kids need to enjoy being kids."

Oh god singles out a religion. According to you, that's offensive. No strawman. Did you even look at the definition before you posted the link? I know die hard republicans who don't throw at logic as much as you.

And he isn't the government! derp Hence why it isn't an issue and a strawman on your part. You are welcome to any religious service in your home or church just not on government land or schools :rolleyes:

#48 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 9,827 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 27 March 2013 - 22:53

Do you mean on sale as in being sold or on sale as in a cheaper price? I like how all candy is turned into jelly beans. Love me some jelly beans.

Cheaper price after Easter... that is if any are left! I shall buy them all!

#49 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 23:00

Cheaper price after Easter... that is if any are left! I shall buy them all!

5 pound bag of red only starburst jelly beans!

“Even non-believers enjoy a good egg hunt. Kids need to enjoy being kids."

And he isn't the government! derp Hence why it isn't an issue and a strawman on your part. You are welcome to any religious service in your home or church just not on government land or schools :rolleyes:

And you are right back to cherry picking instead of actually acknowledging there is a full story here. Or maybe you forgot to read the part where he made them compromise to have other shapes. And for your second part, you really don't get out much do you? Anti religious groups are campaigning and boycotting stores for saying merry christmas saying it infringes on the rights of the non religious or non christians. The word christmas is offensive. This principal is saying that saying the word easter is offensive to non christians and should be banned. He isn't allowing his teachers to say a word with a small tie to a religion because it makes it offense. Tell me then how using a word that directly references a religous figure is less offensive than the word easter with a very small tie to religion. Remember, you are the one agreeing that the principal did everything 100% right. If the word easter is offensive, how is god not?

And we are still waiting for you to show everyone the christian dogma that includes a bunny and hiding eggs. Remember, you claimed it brings in christian dogma and thus excludes people from participating. Still waiting for your proof.

#50 +DConnell

DConnell

Madman with a blue box

• 1,915 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 1520 running Windows Phone 8.1

Posted 27 March 2013 - 23:05

So... you are encouraging religious diversity... by not allowing a specific religion? :huh:

My thoughts exactly. You encourage religious diversity by allowing expression of all religions, not just the ones you prefer. Will Passover be similarly suppressed?

#51 wahoospa

wahoospa

Neowinian

• 826 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 23:19

This Sunday our family will gather for Easter. We consider it a religious day. We will say grace before we eat as we always do. We have done it for generations.

#52 Torolol

Torolol

• 2,968 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:09

you should ban Sunday & Sabbath too, as both are derived from religious teaching.

#53 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:33

My thoughts exactly. You encourage religious diversity by allowing expression of all religions, not just the ones you prefer. Will Passover be similarly suppressed?

Exactly. Somehow people have gotten the idea that the way to encourage diverse religious expression is to ban the current religion the majority practice.

#54 curme

curme

Grand Inquisitor

• 4,121 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:56

Forget Easter, the kids should be celebrating the Hindu holiday Holi (on March 27th). It's way more fun.

#55 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• 1,225 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:09

Good. It's high time the separation of church and state be enforced unilaterally.

The religious indoctrination of children into ignorant superstitious nonsense (of ANY kind) is unconscionable in the modern age.

If, once they've grown to adulthood, the more gullible and cowardly want to seek comfort in such cults, so be it.

But children trust adults not to lie to them and any parent (well-meaning though they may be) who tells their child that any god is real is flat out lying to their own child.

Parents do it to make themselves feel better about the lies they were told by their parents. It's a selfish lie perpetuated ad nauseum.

It's time for the human race to grow up.

Well, here is the problem. The Easter Bunny and Santa are clearly made up figures but you don't have a problem with those.
That is insanity right there and very unreasonable.

Somehow the Universe was created by itself just randomly from nothing to something with fine tuning.

Who is really ignorant here? Anyone that is really intelligent without bias will tell you that there is just too much intelligence in the creation of the Universe and on this planet including the creation of DNA to be just random. It is what it is, stop trying to be in denial and make up excuses. The obvious is the obvious.

I hate how Atheists play dumb. Yes, it's time to grow up and stop trying to defeat the obvious.

#56 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

• 1,288 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:16

So let people who don't get offended by X-mas to stay home and enjoy the holiday. Those who get offended can just go to work as normal :) ...

#57 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,408 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:16

Well, here is the problem. The Easter Bunny and Santa are clearly made up figures but you don't have a problem with those.
That is insanity right there and very unreasonable.

Somehow the Universe was created by itself just randomly from nothing to something with fine tuning.

Who is really ignorant here? Anyone that is really intelligent without bias will tell you that there is just too much intelligence in the creation of the Universe and on this planet including the creation of DNA to be just random. It is what it is, stop trying to be in denial and make up excuses. The obvious is the obvious.

I hate how Atheists play dumb. Yes, it's time to grow up and stop trying to defeat the obvious.

Why would anyone have a problem - we know they are made up! No insanity or unreasonableness there.

I hate how some religious people play the "I'm not ignorant, but you are card." And as far as growing up, please listen to your own advice.

#58 Mainer82

Mainer82

Neowinian

• 588 posts
  • Phone: Motorola 4 yr old flip phone

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:26

http://rcg.org/books/ttooe.html

Really?

Believe what you will but Christians celebrate the death and ressurection of Christ on "Easter". We don't know the exact time of year this happened but it just co-insides with "Easter". The same thing goes for Christmas, we don't know the exact time of year Christ was born but it's celebrated in winter.

#59 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• 1,225 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:46

Why would anyone have a problem - we know they are made up! No insanity or unreasonableness there.

I hate how some religious people play the "I'm not ignorant, but you are card." And as far as growing up, please listen to your own advice.

The same people who are Atheists are okay with lying to kids about the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause. That was my point and you missed it, on purpose.

I hate how people cherry pick other people's post and don't respond to the important parts.

Denial must be nice.

#60 excalpius

excalpius

Neowinian Senior

• 4,631 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:47

Forcing your opinion onto others so confidently though does prove the irony in your stance; as in there being no room for such ignorance in the evolution of the Human Race.

2+2=4
The Earth orbits the Sun
The Earth is not flat
Because there is no evidence of any gods at all, it is clear that all gods are fictional creations of men

These are not matters of "my opinion". There are matters of scientific fact supported by irrefutable evidence (or in the case of fictional deities, the lack of evidence).

Since it is illogical to claim a teacher is forcing their "opinion" onto a student for educating them about the facts of the real world, your stated position does not hold up logically.

Should you provide some evidence of any god ever having existed, I'd be more than happy to examine it...as would the entire rest of the world.

But, until that day, I would continue to speak in the manner of an educated man about things involving truth, science, and reason.

And it matters to me not one iota if someone is too ignorant to understand what I am saying or how I am saying it.

One day your children or your children's children will grow up in a world without ignorant superstitious nonsense...and the human race will be far better off for it.