Phonechievements: Achievements for your phone

Interesting concept - however, I don't need something 'monitoring' my phone for achievements like missed calls, installed apps., etc. - no thanks.

the same could be said for those with console achievements or pc game achievements

Yes, I feel the same way about all achievements really. I don't play games to gain achievements.

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

This could work if implemented by a carrier. For example, you earn the most wanted ach. and get free minutes or smth.

It would also be cool if one could earn an achievement with an avatar as a reward that would display on other people's phones when this person calls them, but the technology needs to catch up a little :)

can people really be so sad?

well, the guy will be laughing all the way to the bank if someone buys his idea.

can people really be so sad?

Its fun and a basic game. When you play a game you are actually going for a achievement as well; The achievement of beating a game.

Interesting concept - however, I don't need something 'monitoring' my phone for achievements like missed calls, installed apps., etc. - no thanks.

Android itself monitors each time you press a button and do something; The only difference is that this says "You pressed a button"