The suffering is now over!, lol... I hope priority one is they stop RPGs from being lock on weapons for air attacks.... :/

are they?  I thought someone had to be around with a PLD.

I've got a stinger now anyway but heh.

are they?  I thought someone had to be around with a PLD.

I've got a stinger now anyway but heh.

Right, but RPG's should be dumb weapons, it's just a grenade on the end of a stick with a propellant. And another issue(bug) with it working with a PLD was it gave 100% damage to air units on the first hit.

Edit: Why is there a star after my tag?

You were the top player in that particular round.

Been a long time since I have personally seen it, but I have seen it once or twice in my BF career.  

Decisions. Decisions.

To get the Standard or Deluxe version on PC?? That is the million dollar question.

Also, do I even bother double dipping on keeping my preorder for PS3/PS4?

I am just incredibly hesitant on how the game is going to turn out on the PS4 since there is little to no information.

The PS3 beta was, well, underwhelming would be the kindest word I could use. The visuals were truly atrocious. And while they are not everything, it is hard not to notice just how bad they are while also playing the game on the PC.

Think I may just go Digital Deluxe on the PC and call it a day. Not sure if these stupid ass battlepacks are even worth it or not??? What are they exactly again?

Also now that the beta is over on the PC, need to go uninstall it. I do now wish I got a 250 GB SSD, but that will come next year when I build a new PC.

Been a long time since I have personally seen it, but I have seen it once or twice in my BF career.  

Decisions. Decisions.

To get the Standard or Deluxe version on PC?? That is the million dollar question.

I am just incredibly hesitant on how the game is going to turn out on the PS4 since there is little to no information.

The PS3 beta was, well, underwhelming would be the kindest word I could use. The visuals were truly atrocious. And while they are not everything, it is hard not to notice just how bad they are while also playing the game on the PC.

Think I may just go Digital Deluxe on the PC and call it a day. Not sure if these stupid ass battlepacks are even worth it or not??? What are they exactly again?

Also now that the beta is over on the PC, need to go uninstall it. I do now wish I got a 250 GB SSD, but that will come next year when I build a new PC.

Depand on you're rig, the PS4 version will be 720p 60fps (pretty sure it will have frame drop like COD but hey). Personally i'll get the PC version because i'am building my new pc to game a 1440p 

I was all set to build a new gaming machine like I did when BF3 came out. Back then it was 2600k and dual GTX580's and 16GB of ram, sadly the mobo was PCIe2.0, hence the whole upgrade for this go around. But in game on ultra on my current machine i was getting 30-40FPS at 1080, so i was like ehh, need a new machine. Saw allll this talk about how the game is much smoother on windows 8, hating windows 8 i didnt want to try it, but i broke down and installed windows 8 and my fps was a constant 50+ fps on 64man CNQ, i have to say im relieved i dont have to spend 2 grand on a new machine and saddened i dont get to build a new pc lol.

I think they're random upgrade packs for weapon upgrades and stuff.

Thanks. That pretty much answers my question then. Do not need them really, not for $10, and I doubt I will be playing BF3 that much more, so although all of those vehicle upgrades are nice for it, just do not see myself playing it much more.

I was all set to build a new gaming machine like I did when BF3 came out. Back then it was 2600k and dual GTX580's and 16GB of ram, sadly the mobo was PCIe2.0, hence the whole upgrade for this go around. But in game on ultra on my current machine i was getting 30-40FPS at 1080, so i was like ehh, need a new machine. Saw allll this talk about how the game is much smoother on windows 8, hating windows 8 i didnt want to try it, but i broke down and installed windows 8 and my fps was a constant 50+ fps on 64man CNQ, i have to say im relieved i dont have to spend 2 grand on a new machine and saddened i dont get to build a new pc lol.

You are better off actually, as better CPU's are coming next year, along with DDR4 Ram. So it is best to hold out, that is what I am doing. And I no doubt had the itch to build one, and my wife was fine with me doing so, but after doing research, it is best to wait, especially if you use Intel CPU's, which I do. If you go AMD, I am assuming they will release something to combat Intel's new CPU's.

Depand on you're rig, the PS4 version will be 720p 60fps (pretty sure it will have frame drop like COD but hey). Personally i'll get the PC version because i'am building my new pc to game a 1440p 

Just curious, where are you getting that 720p 60 fps from? I have not seen a single official source yet saying that will be the specs for either net-gen console yet. Sure, a lot of speculation, but nothing official.

And actually I have heard 900p 60 fps for the PS4 version. 720p 60 fps for the One. That was the latest rumors I have read.

FTR, neither is all that appealing.

The game was running very good on my PC, but it was at medium settings. And for whatever reason my usual app to keep track of Frames Per Second, EVGA Precision X, which I believe uses Riva Tuner for the FPS, was not working on Windows 8. I quickly read something in some very brief research about Riva Tuner not working on Windows 8, so guess I will need to pick up FRAPS, or even better, does anyone know the console command to display FPS in Battlefield itself?

Not that it really matters, I cannot check it anymore anyway since the Beta is over.

Thanks. That pretty much answers my question then. Do not need them really, not for $10, and I doubt I will be playing BF3 that much more, so although all of those vehicle upgrades are nice for it, just do not see myself playing it much more.

You are better off actually, as better CPU's are coming next year, along with DDR4 Ram. So it is best to hold out, that is what I am doing. And I no doubt had the itch to build one, and my wife was fine with me doing so, but after doing research, it is best to wait, especially if you use Intel CPU's, which I do. If you go AMD, I am assuming they will release something to combat Intel's new CPU's.

Just curious, where are you getting that 720p 60 fps from? I have not seen a single official source yet saying that will be the specs for either net-gen console yet. Sure, a lot of speculation, but nothing official.

And actually I have heard 900p 60 fps for the PS4 version. 720p 60 fps for the One. That was the latest rumors I have read.

FTR, neither is all that appealing.

The game was running very good on my PC, but it was at medium settings. And for whatever reason my usual app to keep track of Frames Per Second, EVGA Precision X, which I believe uses Riva Tuner for the FPS, was not working on Windows 8. I quickly read something in some very brief research about Riva Tuner not working on Windows 8, so guess I will need to pick up FRAPS, or even better, does anyone know the console command to display FPS in Battlefield itself?

Not that it really matters, I cannot check it anymore anyway since the Beta is over.

You can just type perfoverlay.drawfps 1 into the console to display. You can even type it into the config file to keep it there without constantly typing it in

• Like 1

Yeah you may as well wait, you dont need PCIe 3, cus apparently even PCIe 2 doesnt get saturated by current cards so its useless to upgrade based on that fact alone. also your 2600k and 16GB ram is fine still and will be for more years. Get a standalone sound card if you want an upgrade as it makes alot of difference over the onboard sound

Right, but RPG's should be dumb weapons, it's just a grenade on the end of a stick with a propellant. And another issue(bug) with it working with a PLD was it gave 100% damage to air units on the first hit.

They've said they're keeping the ability to lock on with a PLD for the final game, but the 100% damage to air is a beta glitch and it'll take more in the final (not sure the exact amount though.

Decisions. Decisions.

Deluxe isn't worth it, yeh Origin's is ?10 cheaper for standard, but head to amazon and you can get it for even less.

?54.99 DD

?44.99 Standard origin

?34.97 Amazon (DVD or download) (both were ?31.99 when I ordered)

They've said they're keeping the ability to lock on with a PLD for the final game, but the 100% damage to air is a beta glitch and it'll take more in the final (not sure the exact amount though.

Still trying to figure out who at DICE thinks RPGs are lock on weapons, they don't even have fins or a guidence system....

I thought it was because you where the squad leader? :/

From what I have read, and I may be wrong, but we wont see DDR4 in desktops till 2015 or so, to me thats a lifetime away lol.

Yeah you may as well wait, you dont need PCIe 3, cus apparently even PCIe 2 doesnt get saturated by current cards so its useless to upgrade based on that fact alone. also your 2600k and 16GB ram is fine still and will be for more years. Get a standalone sound card if you want an upgrade as it makes alot of difference over the onboard sound

Yeah i was thinking of just getting dual 780's and putting them in PCIe2.0 cause honestly my processor and memory work great. I just want to find someone who has done a comparison of the 780's in sli on PCIe2.0 vs PCIe3.0.

RPG's and SMAW's won't have lock on. Change log for final has been posted!

https://twitter.com/battlefield/status/390541092325564416

Disappointed I don't see anything about crash fixes in there. For me it would randomly crash immediately as I died, and I saw a few threads of others having the issues, both AMD and Nvidia users so I don't think its driver related, just a bug in the game. I really hope its fixed in the final.

From what I have read, and I may be wrong, but we wont see DDR4 in desktops till 2015 or so, to me thats a lifetime away lol.

Yeah i was thinking of just getting dual 780's and putting them in PCIe2.0 cause honestly my processor and memory work great. I just want to find someone who has done a comparison of the 780's in sli on PCIe2.0 vs PCIe3.0.

Dude you have dual 580's, you do not need to upgrade yet! Wait another year or two at least... 

Those cards must demolish everything still. 

The game will run ######ing sweet on your system once it is released and some decent drivers are coupled with it!

The upgrade you'd have to go to like you said, SLI 780's, which is a huge waste of money when you factor in price/performance.

Id wait a generation or two of cards, then get a new CPU, Mobo and maybe just a single top end card (GTX 880 or whatever they will be called)

Haha, well the beta ran around 50ish FPS, but thats beta, not sure that will be what it does in the final version. I just have money burning a whole in my pocket.

Dude you have dual 580's, you do not need to upgrade yet! Wait another year or two at least... 

Those cards must demolish everything still. 

The game will run ****ing sweet on your system once it is released and some decent drivers are coupled with it!

The upgrade you'd have to go to like you said, SLI 780's, which is a huge waste of money when you factor in price/performance.

Id wait a generation or two of cards, then get a new CPU, Mobo and maybe just a single top end card (GTX 880 or whatever they will be called)

Haha, well the beta ran around 50ish FPS, but thats beta, not sure that will be what it does in the final version. I just have money burning a whole in my pocket.

I'd wait til you see what Mantle can do with it, personally.

I'd wait til you see what Mantle can do with it, personally.

I thought of that, but then i remember I never like ATI/AMD and their drivers. Even the radeon cards we use are work are such a hassle to install, nvidia has always just been so much friendlier to work with. I mean im open to trying them again since mantle sounds interesting, but since its available to other vendors i dont see why nvidia wouldnt hop on the bandwagon if its just a big improvement.

I thought of that, but then i remember I never like ATI/AMD and their drivers. Even the radeon cards we use are work are such a hassle to install, nvidia has always just been so much friendlier to work with. I mean im open to trying them again since mantle sounds interesting, but since its available to other vendors i dont see why nvidia wouldnt hop on the bandwagon if its just a big improvement.

Seriously?  All I've ever had to do was plug them in.  I've already had as much trouble with NVs drivers, after I went from a 6870 to a 660 just now.

How on earth are they a "hassle to install"? Installing an AMD card and AMD drivers is no harder than Nvidia...

LOL, I just started to read this thread and found page 4 to be hysterical!  un-ban him I say! LOL  (yeah, i love the game, and have owned various copies on PC, but was just looking to see if I should buy it or not....still playing 2142 and I love it!)