Ever since I got my new video card (R9 280X) I haven't had any crashes at all.

That's because everyone uses Nvidia who makes horrible drivers.

That's an argument that can be thrown back and forth all day

I just feel your post was a little unfair as amd drivers were a nightmare for some games, and not all that long ago.

That's an argument that can be thrown back and forth all day

I just feel your post was a little unfair as amd drivers were a nightmare for some games, and not all that long ago.

Both Nvidia and AMD have plenty of driver issues. anyone making these silly posts saying "ZOMG X MAKES HORRIBLE DRIVERS" are spouting fanboy nonsense ;)

• Like 3

Ever since I got my new video card (R9 280X) I haven't had any crashes at all.

What R9 280X did you get? I got an Asus one and got crashes still..

Actually I have to agree with the nvidia comment after having TWO cards that caused my system to constantly BSOD...

What R9 280X did you get? I got an Asus one and got crashes still..

I got a Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Dual-X.  I have a post in the hardware hangout about upgrading lol.  

Pc Load time comparison.

Wow I have a feeling though that something was up with that HDD. That was just too long. I can definitely notice though in every game I am one of the very first to ever load up on my Samsung 840 Pro.

His Hard drive seems buggered, the odd thing is on my 7200RPM drive 75% of the time I load in as one of the first players, sometimes by ages. I get a little quirk when that happens is theres mostly no sound, except for random snippets and the terrain looks like I'm playing on an Xbox 360, then 30 seconds into the game the entire screen jumps to High Settings and the Audio hits me like a punch to the face.

Load times aren't unfair at all. That comparison is just pure bull****. My HDD (7200rpm) isn't as fast as a RAMDisk or SDD, yet I get almost the same load times of SDD as in the video.

And from my 30+ hours in MP, I yet to see that "first Mcom might even be destroyed before people have even loaded" scenario.

Load times aren't unfair at all. That comparison is just pure bull****. My HDD (7200rpm) isn't as fast as a RAMDisk or SDD, yet I get almost the same load times of SDD as in the video.

And from my 30+ hours in MP, I yet to see that "first Mcom might even be destroyed before people have even loaded" scenario.

Yeah they must be using the slowest HDD known to man in that video.

The game has been hit or miss for me. When I first got the game, I could play for about 2 hours without any issues. Now, I'm lucky to last 10 minutes in around without crashing. Siege of Shanghai seems to be the map that crashes the most for me. At one point, I laced up an enemy tank with C4. I hit the switch to blow it up, and instant crash to desktop :(.

That's because everyone uses Nvidia who makes horrible drivers.

Right now I have a GTX 280 ACX and my friend as a newer ATI card and he gets way more crashes than me. Your statement is not valid and people will argue either side and it will end up being 50/50. Lets face it. Both companies write some crappy drivers and both make some great hardware.

Hey the new AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta 9.2 drivers haven't crashed my system... yet!

Not so sure it's a graphics issue. I'm on the latest NVidia drivers, myself. However, I only ever experience crashes in multiplayer. And even then, it's only the game that crashes. The rest of my computer is unaffected.

Hmmm guess it is too early to tell. The b9.2 apparently addresses crashing issues... but yes, I imagine it is the game... but stranger things have happened!