I am really great at BF3 but in this game so far I suck. I don't understand it. I am having a hard time see the enemy that are hiding and are well blended in to the brush, buildings, etc. The lighting and shadows are making it hard for me to see them. But even when I am concealing my self I am easy for them to spot. I keep getting killed so easy. When I do see someone and we are one on one I loose the gun fight too. My ping is not bad. It is around 35 to 50 ms. I play ultra settings, fov at 100 and resolution at 2560x1600 with a GTX 780 ACX. Is it because others are playing low settings and do not have the lighting and shadow making it hard to see? Any tips would be great.

If anyone with AMD Radeon is getting crashes with DirectX Error E_OUTOFMEMORY, try the latest Catalyst, 13.11 beta 8. It is supposed to fix "intermittent crashes".

I'll try to update PunkBuster manually, once I come home.

It is probably the same problem ATI hat with BF3. It took them over a month to release drivers that are nearly good for playing. To sort that crash out reconnect after each map. I get this just the second map in the cycle and the problem is that the memory is not free afterwards. so you have to restart. But well - this is just one of the problems around bf4

I am really great at BF3 but in this game so far I suck. I don't understand it. I am having a hard time see the enemy that are hiding and are well blended in to the brush, buildings, etc. The lighting and shadows are making it hard for me to see them. But even when I am concealing my self I am easy for them to spot. I keep getting killed so easy. When I do see someone and we are one on one I loose the gun fight too. My ping is not bad. It is around 35 to 50 ms. I play ultra settings, fov at 100 and resolution at 2560x1600 with a GTX 780 ACX. Is it because others are playing low settings and do not have the lighting and shadow making it hard to see? Any tips would be great.

Try lowering your settings detail wise to see if that makes a difference. I to have this problem of sorts, hard to see people in the brush alot, but there is no way im playing on low settings with 2 780's lol.

My Xbox 360 sounds like its about to explode (slim, black, glossy 250GB) only game to ever do this, including BF3 and many games, new and old, never doing this. Thoughts?

Edit: not loud fan or disc reading wise, just like.. erm... vibration of the console as a whole (maybe that is part of the disc reading?)

Try lowering your settings detail wise to see if that makes a difference. I to have this problem of sorts, hard to see people in the brush alot, but there is no way im playing on low settings with 2 780's lol.

Tonight I will lower the settings to see if details are omitted and if visibility is easier. I too want the details but if it makes the game play more fair then fine. I will lower the settings. I will let you know ounce I try it out.

I absolutely love the DMR weapons and that fact that you can use them in any class. Currently I'm support with a MK11 MOD 0, Airburst, and ammo packs. I love this gun.. and I switch to an LMG if need be. It fits my play style perfectly.

Tonight I will lower the settings to see if details are omitted and if visibility is easier. I too want the details but if it makes the game play more fair then fine. I will lower the settings. I will let you know ounce I try it out.

I don't see this as helping you out. Hopefully they didn't design the game this way. It would be in essence an easy cheat. If your card is capable of running the game, then you should be getting all the leaves/cover that other people would have. The difference would be in the details. High end would be seing all the leaf grains, shadows, effects, etc. Your low end would be seeing the leaves as cover, but the details would not be as good. Also the visible distance would be limited on lower end cards.

It is probably the same problem ATI hat with BF3. It took them over a month to release drivers that are nearly good for playing. To sort that crash out reconnect after each map. I get this just the second map in the cycle and the problem is that the memory is not free afterwards. so you have to restart. But well - this is just one of the problems around bf4

I downloaded beta 11 and I updated PunkBuster manually.

Then I set compatibility mode on Battlefield4.exe to Windows 7. The game takes quite a while to crash, and when it crashes the memory is actually free afterwards.

Have to say Im not liking the hurried and rushed feel of this game.

Bugs in SP so far : Random spawning mobs (on top of you), Falling thru solid walls, Ghosting, Bullets do not hit despite being 100% on target, A.I is a ######ing joke and couldnt kill/hit a house, 3 shots for a head shot then 1 shot for a head shot then back to 3 on the next guy, BSOD, Random Crashes.

In MP : Horrid spawning, Same hit box issues, Sound in vehicles patchy, Game blue screens due to memory leak, Random Crashes, and probs more Ive not seen yet.

All this and Im 80% thru SP and only play 5-10 games MP.

Loving the theme, style, weapons, vehicles, the game in general. But jesus is this a buggy mess, more so than BF3 at present for me. All thats missing is the C4 team switch bug from BF3 and we`d have the full set.

Played a few MP games over the last few days. Sticking to Rush for now as Conquest seems to have very little teamwork compared to BF3. Having a lot of fun (more so than BF3) but there are so many bugs. Seen quite a few cases of people glitching (or cheating?) under the terrain too, which is rather annoying.

I've ditched it.. i kept getting a campaign bug that forced me to restart, random crashes and going through a cut scene or two while it loaded was so annoying you couldn't just jump straight back into the game after a crash.

I don't have the skill for multiplayer, like BillyJack's complaints above i'm struggling to win a gun fight, can't see enemies... i upgraded my GPU so i could play this i certainly didn't plan on switching down the settings to make it playable.

Unfortunately i don't have the time to sit on games hours on end every day to improve my level and skill so i'm going to stick with Ghosts running about like a ###### firing in any direction and winning.

• Like 2

Weird - I did not once experience any issues in the campaign and the multiplayer isn't completely broken in my experience. Server crashes are pretty ridiculous and occasionally my game will crash when Alt+Tabbing.

Played a few MP games over the last few days. Sticking to Rush for now as Conquest seems to have very little teamwork compared to BF3. Having a lot of fun (more so than BF3) but there are so many bugs. Seen quite a few cases of people glitching (or cheating?) under the terrain too, which is rather annoying.

It's a glitch, it happened to me during a game at the weekend. I spawned on a squad mate who was at the time in a river. For some reason it pushed me under the map when he was going on land. Thought I was trapped but simply moving back towards the river "fixed" it for me.

It's a glitch, it happened to me during a game at the weekend. I spawned on a squad mate who was at the time in a river. For some reason it pushed me under the map when he was going on land. Thought I was trapped but simply moving back towards the river "fixed" it for me.

I had this happen once too.  It wouldn't let you take a weapon out, so it's not like people could be under the map getting cheap kills.

I had this happen once too.  It wouldn't let you take a weapon out, so it's not like people could be under the map getting cheap kills.

Strange, I was able to take my pistol out, but IIRC other players were invisible anyway

BF4MPMG.jpg

Strange, I was able to take my pistol out, but IIRC other players were invibile anyway

Oh wow, you're actually under a building.  When it happened to me, I was under the bank of a river or something and I was only able to "swim" towards the water.

Strange, I was able to take my pistol out, but IIRC other players were invisible anyway

BF4MPMG.jpg

Those graphics look like N64.

Looks like Death Mountain from Ocarina of Time overlayed with the offices from Perfect Dark...