Yeah, its ugly, simply due to input capabilities, Microsoft showed this when they tested FPS's concerning Controller vs Mouse/Keyboard for either original Xbox or Xbox 360s early days and shut that project down quick, wasn't even a contest.

RIP Shadowrun :cry:

But everyone is on the same level of control. Would be different if you had controllers vs K/M.

I wasn`t making a point about this.

Rather that if you cant aim/shoot with a K/M, then why are you better, faster, with a slower input?

Thats more or less like saying, your better with a controller as the people who play on console are essentially worse in general.

Tho again I`d question this as surely the people you play against are skilled relatively to the control scheme they use.

i.e You should be just as good/bad no matter what scheme you use.

I wasn`t making a point about this.

Rather that if you cant aim/shoot with a K/M, then why are you better, faster, with a slower input?

Thats more or less like saying, your better with a controller as the people who play on console are essentially worse in general.

Tho again I`d question this as surely the people you play against are skilled relatively to the control scheme they use.

i.e You should be just as good/bad no matter what scheme you use.

I can't tell you why it is, I'm sure there has been studies carried out by someone somewhere :p

It's definitely the experience I've witnessed from friends though. Some of them just can't play FPS on K/M but are pretty competent on controller.

Personally I game on both so I guess I'm the ambidextrous of the gaming world, but it always takes me a few rounds to get re-adjusted if I haven't played either one for a while.

I was playing a bit last night gunning for someone in an infantry fighting vehicle and I swear he must have been using a controller or something was terribly wrong. He would try shooting another tank just 20 feet in front of us and he would constantly overshoot left or right. Like, he would move the turret to the left or right and start shooting as the turret's moving but he would go to far and only half his "magazine" actually hit the target. If that's how controllers play, I want no part of that :p I want precision control.

In this game, all bullets have an arc and travel time to their target. Some guns have more of both than others. This could easily have happened with someone with KB and mouse. It happens to me a lot, especially when I'm piloting a chopper. I have to see how far my shots are drifting for a moment before I can adjust and hit with every shot.

In this game, all bullets have an arc and travel time to their target. Some guns have more of both than others. This could easily have happened with someone with KB and mouse. It happens to me a lot, especially when I'm piloting a chopper. I have to see how far my shots are drifting for a moment before I can adjust and hit with every shot.

You'll probably have to take my word on what I saw but trust me, this huge tank he was trying to shoot was not 20 feet away. There's no reason he couldn't land his shots. Just watching his turret it seemed like he would keep going left or right passed the target. Now that I think about it again, it could have been lag.

Hello,

Man, this game is horrible. The story is just *snooze*. I was literally waiting for the game to end because the story is not only horrible but you can predict that it is going to be short.

And the ending? Wow. The ending was one of the dullest in more than 5-10 years.

I swear some of these people have their graphics pumped way too high and are blaming the server for the lag.  I rarely encounter it while they bitch about it heh.

That dam map drives me nuts.

Hello,

Man, this game is horrible. The story is just *snooze*. I was literally waiting for the game to end because the story is not only horrible but you can predict that it is going to be short.

Battlefield has never bin about the single player campaign tbh its more in there to learn how the game works if youve never played it before and to show off the engine. Its all about the multiplayer which is AWESOME, CoD multi is snooze battlefield is amazing

Oh and yeah ATi's drivers suck hard at least the 9.2 beta ones fix alot of my artifacts/tearing although it does come with an fps drop but i never drop below 47fps in multi so its fine

Hello,

This week's Invisible Walls on GT actually touches on this, although more about CoD than BF4. Basically IW/Treyarch and the rest that work on the series just need to dump single player and focus on reinventing the multiplayer because the stories in these games are completely boring to play and repetitive. There comes a point you can't top what you did in last year's game and you end up copying/pasting. I forget if it's CoD or BF4 but I heard they stole a scene from The Dark Knight Rises and use it in the single player too.

Going up against Titanfall & Destiny is going to be hard for these older franchises if they insist on keeping single player. You need to "split" your budget between modes and invest a lot of work hours into something people really just don't care for. Meanwhile Respawn and Bungie are most likely going to redefine FPS on this generation of consoles.

Going up against Titanfall & Destiny is going to be hard for these older franchises if they insist on keeping single player. You need to "split" your budget between modes and invest a lot of work hours into something people really just don't care for. Meanwhile Respawn and Bungie are most likely going to redefine FPS on this generation of consoles.

Remember Brink?  Yeah, me neither ;)

Actually I do & I loved it :p

Also can't wait for Extraction. Got my email through about the beta test this week :D

So did I, but I'm just saying ditching SP isn't a magic bullet (or whatever you wish to call it.)  You might not care about it, but a lot of people still do.

So did I, but I'm just saying ditching SP isn't a magic bullet (or whatever you wish to call it.)  You might not care about it, but a lot of people still do.

Well I think it's fair to say that the numbers probably buy and stay for multiplayer, but I'm sure MS/Sony/EA/Activision are the only ones who can answer that. The closest we can tell is by achievement/trophy unlock count.

Would recommend you all check out the Invis Walls episode though, it's pretty good.

Well I think it's fair to say that the numbers probably buy and stay for multiplayer, but I'm sure only MS/Sony/EA/Activision are the only ones who can answer that. The closest we can tell is by achievement/trophy unlock count.

All I know is if it didn't have SP at all I wouldn't buy it.

All I know is if it didn't have SP at all I wouldn't buy it.

I would have agreed with you many years ago, but after CoD4 I gave up on the SP and it wasn't long before I gave up on the MP too.

Battlefield has always been about MP for me so I wouldn't miss it.

I know some get a popcorn action movie thril from it but I was just saying for comparisons sake, they could ditch the SP and focus on MP to evolve it much like the rest of the FPS crowd are doing. Then again, if everyone does it, there's a gap in the market for someone to take advantage of. I doubt anyone wants to see the end of SP stories altogether.

Tried Hardcore Dm / Objectives yesterday, Brutal. Will return when i get a better mid range semi gun and the net code is tweaked, 25 ping and not enough of my shots are registering.