I have Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1 but every time I try to join a server it just stays at joining server at the bottom with the battlelog plugin. Battlefield 4 never opens up. This is on Firefox. I am not using Internet Explorer.

Battlefield 4 Beta worked fine in Windows 8.1

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Try rebooting. I had this issue when I first tried to launch it via Internet Explorer. Then I rebooted, and it has been fine ever since. You could also try reinstalling the plugin (uninstall via Control Panel, go to Battlelog and download/install the plugin again).

Laptop HDs throttle as they get hot.  You might try using a laptop cooler.

One if a Toshiba Qosmio (never gets hot, even after hours of gaming, the excellent cooling just has slightly warm air coming out. not acer burning hot), the other is set to have throttling disabled. loading isn't very demanding anyway. 

I have Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1 but every time I try to join a server it just stays at joining server at the bottom with the battlelog plugin. Battlefield 4 never opens up. This is on Firefox. I am not using Internet Explorer.

Battlefield 4 Beta worked fine in Windows 8.1

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Try launching Battlefield 4 from Origin.

With Battlefield 3, I had to do this every once in a while, otherwise Battlefield wouldn't launch from battlelog.

I'm crashing more now then before the 1GB patch. Forums are going nuts since last night.

I haven't actually paid full price for any game in my entire life, and the first time I do I can hardly play the game :/ No wonder people pirate, they get a working game 95% of the time and don't get screwed over.

China Rising - New weapons and gadgets:

Can't wait to get my hands on the SUAV and UCAV.

Nothing new or awesome for engineers? It's weird that so far in BF4 I've only played as an engineer. In BF3 I only played Assault. 

I'm crashing more now then before the 1GB patch. Forums are going nuts since last night.

I haven't actually paid full price for any game in my entire life, and the first time I do I can hardly play the game :/ No wonder people pirate, they get a working game 95% of the time and don't get screwed over.

Same here. With my x64 trick, I hadn't crashed in days. So far, crashed over 10 times today.

Not had a crash yet (touch wood) since the patch. 

Just played on a Canadian server (No UK/EU servers with people in them at 6:30am!) - did alright, for once! :D

post-416560-0-45830000-1384501592.png

Got a lot of ribbons and awards on that, for my vehicle support :D

Key moment, on the level with the big buildings with lifts... running around the corner and into the ground floor lift only to see 3 enemy soldiers in there. Queue me legging it out (alive) and them going up in the lift :p

I then stupidly waited for the lift and went up to get them. Queue them all guns pointing on the lift door and I got killed, movie style :p

• Like 1

The game is still broken 3 weeks after release -- on all platforms. I think it's very suspicious that there is absolutely _NO_ media coverage about this travesty. This is the last Battlefield game I am ever buying.

• Like 1

So guys, I'm hoping to finish War Games Battlefield system in the next week or two and I will need some help testing things out.

The idea behind War Games Battlefield is to have 2 sides (Widowmakers vs Roughnecks) that battle each other and based on soldier/squad performances on both sides these armies get points from all players on that side . Players register to one side, can create squads, invite their friends and other registered users to join their squads and as you play on the server you gain points for your squad, for yourself and for your side. The server has (I am about half way through coding) full rankings that tie into the site and stats and will track stats for registered War Games soldiers.

Every week there will be special scheduled War Zone events where both sides organize 32 players on each side (8 squads) and fight over specific objectives (maps) through different modes. Users will register for the event on the side and the server will only let those registered users in. The winning side of those events gets extra points and can turn the tide of War Games.

These events will be streamed live from a spectator mode. Your profile will include both Battlelog information as well as War Games information. Best squads and biggest contributors will be featured along with cool YouTube videos from the best War Games players. 

I need a few people if you have time where we can connect to the server and test out server software, help me test the War Games site and other things. If you are up for it, let me know. I will be releasing a Chrome extension that will completely and seamlessly integrate with Battlelog and you will get another option in the Battlelog menu labeled WAR GAMES where you can quickly see top players, top squads, current War Zone (map on the server), both armies scores and who's winning and your own rank on War Games. 

If you are up for it, please PM me.

Here's what it will look like (when the site launches) - brief overview

WarGamesDesign-zzfBn81WpS.jpg

WarGamesDesignHeader-LGGrrsnooB.jpg

I thought BF4 was supposed to support dual monitors, with the 2nd monitoring being used for the map? Anyone else recall that?

You're thinking about the battlescreen. A feature in battlelog, which you can open on your second monitor while the game running on the first.

That's what I do.

You're thinking about the battlescreen. A feature in battlelog, which you can open on your second monitor while the game running on the first.

That's what I do.

Doesn't work in hardcore though.

:angry:

The game is still broken 3 weeks after release -- on all platforms. I think it's very suspicious that there is absolutely _NO_ media coverage about this travesty. This is the last Battlefield game I am ever buying.

I dunno, but it's working fine for me.sure I have the occasional crash. Up nothing major. Even before the patch I could play fine for hours, the crashes I did have then where usually 1-3 in a row when I started the game.

Doesn't work in hardcore though.

:angry:

I wish they would have a hard core guns mode. Plays like regular mode, but life/gun power is like hard core.

A lot of the stuff they remove in Hardcore mode doesn't make sense to remove since it would be there in reality in the sense of battlefield awareness in the soldier. And no compass ("helicopter to your east" anyone....) and tagging doesn't make sense without future soldier HUD system or wearable wrist gps map.

I also wish they would remove the function that automatically puts people in squads. Like in BF3 it just ruins the squad system, instead of people in the squads being there because they actively joined one because they want to cooperate. You get a bunch of lone wolf idiots who run around like headless chickens and squad leader who don't know what issuing orders means.

Seems to be more stable for me today. No crashes, and I was getting them every 10mins prior to today.

Only big bug Im getting still, is the sound cutting out and in when in vehicles.

Seems to be more stable for me today. No crashes, and I was getting them every 10mins prior to today.

Only big bug Im getting still, is the sound cutting out and in when in vehicles.

Aw damn, they haven't fixed that yet?

Has there been a new patch overnight or something?