Damn, that really sucks. Battlefield 3 had its issues at launch but DICE did a decent job at fixing them. I haven't played Battlefield 4 yet apart from the beta on PC and I actually planned on buying the Xbox One version. My friend hasn't mentioned any bugs with the PC version so I'll most likely get that after building a new gaming PC.

I thought I made up my mind about getting a next-gen console but my best friend convinced me otherwise. I'll reconsider it when the next Halo game is released.

The issue actually isn't the Xbox One, it's just the game itself. From what I've read, all versions of the game (including PC, PS3 and 360) have nearly identical issues. I don't regret purchasing my Xbox One -- it's a pretty great console, especially if you're an entertainment fanatic.

LVL 35 , PC, Unlocked a lot of things. Generally plays well, Might crash once a day, might not. Some times shots seem to miss, but may be just me. Now its settled its a great game, Large servers tend to have sniper limits, 4 Snipers per team, or 2 kills before your slayed. Remember to use your boosts ( Press Escape, Bottom Right Corner ) and use vehicles also to increase the speed you rank. Also its Double Xp at the mo so its possible to rank up a couple of times in a couple of hours in Conquest.

I think it was about 50-50 today as to whether I'd get disconnected/kicked to the home screen or actually get to complete a match today. This is just embarrassing. They give a double points weekend to get back the progress we lost, yet there's still no patch to cause all this crap from occurring.  :/ I am not a happy camper right now. Just got disconnected right before an hour-long match ended, and none of my progress from it saved. It appears it used up my battlepack boost as well. Awesome.

Yeah, the whole player appreciation thing seems strange. Why not do a double xp stretch AFTER the patch is out? Played a few rounds today and didn't have any glaring issues although the hit registration system is really irking me. Seems so arbitrary right now. Also, is it just me or are the maps, to this point, kind of weak? BF3 had some very fun maps at release but BF4 thus far has felt pretty lame. I mostly play Conquest Large so I haven't experienced the full rotation.

@HawkMan - I agree with you about the squads. Really frustrating. You guys can add me to your friends list, walkman8080 is my Origin id.

Been trying to play with some friends over Xbox Live and the game constantly crashes, for all of us on our separate Xbox 360s. We haven't been able to successfully complete an online game due to the crashes. This is ridiculous!

Been trying to play with some friends over Xbox Live and the game constantly crashes, for all of us on our separate Xbox 360s. We haven't been able to successfully complete an online game due to the crashes. This is ridiculous!

I finished my first game for the day after four straight crashes and got into the sever's next round. I played for about 30 minutes of the new game and now it's refusing to let me respawn. I'm stuck at the hovering death screen; switching teams does nothing, and the redeploy option is greyed out.

This has got to be one of the worst major game launches ever (to be fair, I don't play MMO games).

Edit: And now it happened again -- can't redeploy in yet another game.

Strangely it seems a small amount of people are having a lot of issues others don't. On PC this would make sense as it could be explained with hardware and software issues or mis configured OS. But that the same thing happens on consoles where most play fine, and a few people are suffering these problems is weird.

Strangely it seems a small amount of people are having a lot of issues others don't. On PC this would make sense as it could be explained with hardware and software issues or mis configured OS. But that the same thing happens on consoles where most play fine, and a few people are suffering these problems is weird.

The official website indicates it's definitely not a small amount of players. Almost all the news posts and forum topics are flooded with people complaining about problems.

PC still has bugs but the crashing I think has to do with the audio.

I've had issues where my FPS will drop when it tries to hit all 5.1 channels (in the middle of a point cap and a massive fire fight) over HDMI hooked up to my receiver. If my sound gets jerky and my FPS drops for a minute and then comes back (until the next major sound event) then I'm guaranteed to crash on map change. It doesn't always do this, seems like the audio has a big issue - it'll also do it in commander mode too which makes no sense.

The snipers - oh my freaking @$(481298489248219842198 - I played on a server in commander last night on my iPad. I counted FOUR shooting out from their SPAWN (that you can't traverse to), five spawn camping our base, and five in the normal outskirts of the map (this was on the damn dam level) - let's not forget about the AA sitting in their spawn shooting the AC130 and all vehicles down, and the attack boat launching TV missiles to our base. There is no reason for 14 snipers to be on one team - of course we won, as always but it made the gaming experience go from enjoyable to down right annoying. I don't understand the fun in that nor will I ever, if you don't want to PTFO go play TDM or whatever and leave the slots open for the normal players or the snipers/recon who actually understand the importance of overlook on a point in capture.

The easiest solution to this all? Don't let anyone fire until they reach the "hot" zone (or normal playable zone).

It's not so easy to capture everything at once, so I screen shoted when one of the snipers had valuable target and the AA was firing...I wish I could have captured everything and spliced the image together.

1465841_10152070798291520_108347745_o.jp

Origin ID: ToxicStatistic

Definitely looking to add others that want to play in a squad. I do both Assault and Support classes

Sorry man, been busy this weekend but Monday will have a few days to play like crazy.

I really, really hope the upcoming patch fixes the audio dropout issue. Its so annoying to be going in and all of a sudden the sound effects drop and you can't hear anything (gunfire, spots, etc).

The official website indicates it's definitely not a small amount of players. Almost all the news posts and forum topics are flooded with people complaining about problems.

Yeah, but that's where you have to remember the vocal minority rule. Everyone that has problems, or just don't like the game will post and complain, does that like the game and don't have problems they don't post. so while hundreds if not thousands of people post, it's in reality not that many when you consider how many copies the game sold. 

I've had issues where my FPS will drop when it tries to hit all 5.1 channels (in the middle of a point cap and a massive fire fight) over HDMI hooked up to my receiver. If my sound gets jerky and my FPS drops for a minute and then comes back (until the next major sound event) then I'm guaranteed to crash on map change. It doesn't always do this, seems like the audio has a big issue - it'll also do it in commander mode too which makes no sense.

The snipers - oh my freaking @$(481298489248219842198 - I played on a server in commander last night on my iPad. I counted FOUR shooting out from their SPAWN (that you can't traverse to), five spawn camping our base, and five in the normal outskirts of the map (this was on the damn dam level) - let's not forget about the AA sitting in their spawn shooting the AC130 and all vehicles down, and the attack boat launching TV missiles to our base. There is no reason for 14 snipers to be on one team - of course we won, as always but it made the gaming experience go from enjoyable to down right annoying. I don't understand the fun in that nor will I ever, if you don't want to PTFO go play TDM or whatever and leave the slots open for the normal players or the snipers/recon who actually understand the importance of overlook on a point in capture.

The easiest solution to this all? Don't let anyone fire until they reach the "hot" zone (or normal playable zone).

It's not so easy to capture everything at once, so I screen shoted when one of the snipers had valuable target and the AA was firing...I wish I could have captured everything and spliced the image together.

1465841_10152070798291520_108347745_o.jp

the Base AA is AI controlled though. 

Yeah, but that's where you have to remember the vocal minority rule. Everyone that has problems, or just don't like the game will post and complain, does that like the game and don't have problems they don't post. so while hundreds if not thousands of people post, it's in reality not that many when you consider how many copies the game sold. 

So the thousands of people having these issues are doing things that others aren't in the game? Sorry, but that's not the case. When DICE admits these are major bugs, then yes, it's impacting a massive amount of people.

So the thousands of people having these issues are doing things that others aren't in the game? Sorry, but that's not the case. When DICE admits these are major bugs, then yes, it's impacting a massive amount of people.

When did I say this. I specifically said it's weird that on a console, bugs are severely affecting people differently, the majority of gamers are playing it relatively fine, but a high number of players is having issues. 

why this happens is up to DICE to figure out, it could be any number of things. even on PC the bugs effect players differently despite nearly identical configs, one can play just fine another wiill have big issues getting into the game. 

Thought I would test the Xbox One game DVR

Awesome hit detection!!

what do you mean ?  you should have hit and you did hit. but I don't think attack helicopters go down from a single tank round, maybe in hardcore. 

what do you mean ?  you should have hit and you did hit. but I don't think attack helicopters go down from a single tank round, maybe in hardcore. 

That was a direct hit, and it only takes 1 tank round to down an inflight heli.

I've been hit with a tank round on attack helis and not gone down, damn little "health" left, but still flying, transport and scout helis on the other hand go down from a single hit. 

Actually I believe I've been killed as a passenger in a blackhawk by a tank round without the heli going down. 

personally I think helis and jets should all go down from a single AA weapon anyway, at least on hardcore.

Snip!

I cannot believe how these snipers are having fun at all. I see them too many times in the game :/ When I play recon, I want to be all over the place and actually be spotting other players/vehicles for the team. I want to be aggressive with the rifle and whatnot. And not to mention the recons who use jets and choppers as their personal taxi to be able to camp on top of buildings :/

Also, the sound bug is going to be squashed in this week's patch along with the 1-hit-wonder-kill. They'll also be fixing the no-sound issue that's been plaguing the game since launch.

What do I mean? Video is pretty clear, hit detection is terrible in this game.

That's not the base AA, that is mobile AA and you have to spot the vehicles for it to work (you would be amazed at how many people don't know that fact.)

The personal taxi is about to drive me insane. I've been a gunner and died so many times because I'm scanning for people to shoot In zoom and did not notice that they ejected. Speaking of which, you shouldn't be able to jump out of a helicopter like that. You can't in real life.

I only play hardcore mode and have since BFBC2. I like a little more realism in my game than some people I suppose but that's why the sniper situation annoys me - perhaps because I have friends who are military and I know how they operate in situations. Snipers are always moving in combat from vantage point to vantage point.

I think the one click sniping is what really ruins it. I've just started firing rockets at them because I have a better chance of getting them. If I try to flank them they have their audio jacked way the hell up and are always spawning on beacon just as soon as you kill them. I'm thinking about starting a HC server with a sniper limit per team so I can finally play the game it was meant to be played.

EDIT: Breaks, I guess tapatalk doesn't care about breaks.

Edited by Tech Greek

I cannot believe how these snipers are having fun at all. I see them too many times in the game :/ When I play recon, I want to be all over the place and actually be spotting other players/vehicles for the team. I want to be aggressive with the rifle and whatnot. And not to mention the recons who use jets and choppers as their personal taxi to be able to camp on top of buildings :/

Also, the sound bug is going to be squashed in this week's patch along with the 1-hit-wonder-kill. They'll also be fixing the no-sound issue that's been plaguing the game since launch.

camping/sniping is a valid strategy in the game as it is in real war. it's their game style and they like it because they're probably cod players who think the game is about K/D ratio. but you can be a good camping recon and a team payer as well if you use the scope. and other tools as well as the occasional sniping. 

Camping snipers are easily killed IF even one squad ont he other team work together though, even more so if the team has a commander that pays attention.