Just pre-ordered BF4 arrrggghhh :P cant bloody wait. Got the normal edition off amazon.co.uk ?30.99 (screw origins ?45) includes china rising expansion pack to because its a pre-order and spose itll have 1 gold battlepack or someat.should be delivered on 1st November :D

Just need an 3GB 8950 now and ill be all set, me 1GB 6870 just wont cut it anymore. can play metro last light on max settings but think im only geting 25-30fps out of it and it struggled on BF3 on high particle dense scenes well struggle i should say crippled prolly hit 2 fps :( its 3 years old done me proud but time for an upgrade than can last another few years :D  no way it could handle 64 multiplayer with all the destruction going on around it and the tesselation of the seas, building falling down helicopters and fighter jets flying round etc i want super max ultra setting :d

Just pre-ordered BF4 arrrggghhh :p cant bloody wait. Got the normal edition off amazon.co.uk ?30.99 (screw origins ?45) includes china rising expansion pack to because its a pre-order and spose itll have 1 gold battlepack or someat.should be delivered on 1st November :D

I'd see if you can get a refund. For ?35 you can get the game with the premium at Zavvi: http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/battlefield-4-free-premium-expansion-dlc-when-you-pre-order-now/10790705.html

is it all the expansion packs or just china rising?

dont need get a refund cus amazon doesnt charge you until it ships

The China Rising is for those that pre-ordered. So yes and you also get:

• Five digital expansion packs featuring new multiplayer maps and in-game content
  • Two-week early access to all expansion packs for an edge on the competition
  • Exclusive personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dog tags and more
  • Priority position in server queues
  • New content every week
  • 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks

And don't charge the full amount upon pre-order, but do charge a fee. Never pre-ordered on Amazon, so don't know how much is it (usually it's 1-5 dollars).

Battlefield 4 will include a practice range for learning to fly helicopters and jets

Not to brag, but I?m really good with jets and helicopters in Battlefield 3. By which I mean: I?m terrible at flying them, so I don?t bother trying. I could attempt to learn, but that would mean taking a valuable asset from my team, and then crashing that asset into a lake, or windmill, or enemy rocket. That?s why it?s nice to hear that, for Battlefield 4, DICE are planning to include a ?test range? to make such airborne humiliation less public.

?We?ve definitely heard that people are afraid of getting in there [and using vehicles like helicopters] and that?s not our intent,? says DICE creative director Lars Gustavsson in an interview with IGN, ?so what we?ve done is, we?ve added a test range, which allows you to try out all the hardware ahead of time.?

?If you want to learn to fly a helicopter,? he continues, ?you can get in there and you can find the settings that work best for you. And then start doing some stunt flights just to feel safe before you go out and get the responsibility of a bunch of other people sitting in your helicopter. So I truly hope that this will help people feel more safe about trying out the whole battlefield.?

It?s a great (and some would say staggeringly obvious) idea. Now you can practice away to your hearts content, build up the needed confidence to show off you skills, then choke under pressure, clip the tail of your helicopter on a building, and kill your entire squad. Or, if you?re not a nervous multiplayer pessimist, you could help win a key location that?s integral to your ultimate victory.

Check out the full IGN interview for more design decisions, and Gustavsson?s admission that a dinosaur mode ?sounds extremely sexy?.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/09/04/battlefield-4-will-include-a-practice-range-for-learning-to-fly-helicopters-and-jets/?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=emp

• Like 1

I asked Battlefield's FB to keep HC and SC stats separate on BF4's Battelog and they replied.

A request: Please keep hardcore and softcore stats separate on BF4's Battlelog! I have friends in both modes and I play differently depending on which mode I'm in. For me, softcore = all out objective play, do whatever it takes. Hardcore = DO NOT DIE. I try to play it realistically. I'd love to see these stats separately. Thank you.

great point here. We'll take this into consideration, thank you.

Woot woot!

I asked Battlefield's FB to keep HC and SC stats separate on BF4's Battelog and they replied.

Woot woot!

That is actually a good idea. Hope they roll that in at some point. 

I do the same thing with approaching normal / hardcore modes differently. Even load outs are quiet different.

Wonder if they'll remake Dragon Valley seeing as it's a China themed expansion - I basically used to play nothing BUT Dragon Valley on BF2.. it was my favourite map by miles.

Why is it there, if you can't even download the ebta yet :huh:

Because EA.

Wonder if they'll remake Dragon Valley seeing as it's a China themed expansion - I basically used to play nothing BUT Dragon Valley on BF2.. it was my favourite map by miles.

I suggested a BF2 map pack like what we got for BF3 on reddit to the developers including 4 BF2 Chinese maps; Dragon Rising, FuShe Pass, Daqing Oilfields and Great Wall. It got down voted and I was called a moron. 12 year old target audience don't want them.

For the first time in my life, I'm going to play a game with the minimum specs. :|

I find it funny I meet recommended when I wasn't planning to upgrade my vidcard or RAM before the X1 but ended up doing it anyway.

Not sure which system I'll play on...probably the X1.

Awwww shucks.....

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz

XFX Radeon HD 7850 XFX DD Black Edition 2GB

Kingston 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz

Windows 8 64bit

:(

The alpha ran terribly on my computer (Can we say that now? Is there still an NDA?), but the minimum specs above give me hope that I'll be able to run it at somewhere near medium settings. (Well - that'd be the upper limit I guess, because I currently run BF3 at medium settings with tweaks here and there).

What I'm really looking forwards to are more powerful AA weapons. It gets old very fast when a single enemy jet can control the entire map, racking up insane killstreaks. (I once killed a jet flown by a 100 colonel with something very close to a 150 k/d. That took a lot of effort, and a lot of cannon shells from my LAV-AD...).

But even if the missiles are not more powerful, I'd be happy if the probability of them actually hitting the jet you've locked on to was increased. Flares don't work 100% of the time in real life, and ECM/chaff has no effect whatsoever on IR-guided missiles - so I don't understand why in BF3, it can be so hard to a) get a lock and b) successfully kill a jet..

^ What's your specs that you ran the alpha on? I can't imagine Frostbite 3 being that different from the previous version, which was well optimized. When BF3 beta was released, I remember it did well on one of my others pcs that still had a C2D processor (can't remember for sure, but I think it was E6300) and HD 5770 for GPU with 4 gigabytes of ram. In the final release it (the performance) only got better.

Awwww shucks.....

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz

XFX Radeon HD 7850 XFX DD Black Edition 2GB

Kingston 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz

Windows 8 64bit

:(

Don't worry, it will do just fine. I'm not that ahead of you and I'm not worried.

^ What's your specs that you ran the alpha on? I can't imagine Frostbite 3 being that different from the previous version, which was well optimized. When BF3 beta was released, I remember it did well on one of my others pcs that still had a C2D processor (can't remember for sure, but I think it was E6300) and HD 5770 for GPU with 4 gigabytes of ram. In the final release it (the performance) only got better.

Don't worry, it will do just fine. I'm not that ahead of you and I'm not worried.

I only have a laptop, which is probably the reason behind why it didn't run very well, but I was surprised at just how bad it ran. 

The specs on it are  i7-3630QM , Geforce GT 650M and 8gb ram, so it's a decent laptop, but I'm not expecting too much out of it. BF3 gets solid 60FPS at medium settings and not quite sure what resolution (720p maybe? or maybe 1680*1050 at most, definitely not 1080p though), and I'm perfectly happy with that. If I can get that in BF4, I'll be a very happy person.