I am unsure if this is new or from BF3 but if you are swimming in the water, you can still shoot with your hand gun.

I am unsure if this is new or from BF3 but if you are swimming in the water, you can still shoot with your hand gun.

You just revealed a secret to all the noobs - So many kills, so many calling me hacker.

• Like 1

I didn't realize that the RPG could lock on targets with the sniper's laser sight thing or at least not the very first RPG that's available until I saw a video showing it. It really should be an unlockable weapon.

Tweets from Dice point to 1: A glitch in the beta that they are aware of, the RPG currently when locked on, does 100% damage, so it is a one hit kill weapon which takes 0 skill to operate. They do not sound like they are going to fix it, so for now, beta ruined. 2: They are going to leave the RPG in the game, make it 90% damage when locked on, thus making any other anti-air missile worthless

Tweets from Dice point to 1: A glitch in the beta that they are aware of, the RPG currently when locked on, does 100% damage, so it is a one hit kill weapon which takes 0 skill to operate. They do not sound like they are going to fix it, so for now, beta ruined. 2: They are going to leave the RPG in the game, make it 90% damage when locked on, thus making any other anti-air missile worthless

That's a good thing right? After all, the Battlefield target audience don't play with vehicles.

That's a good thing right? After all, the Battlefield target audience don't play with vehicles.

I sure hope they aren't pandering too much to CoD players...

How do YOU think RPGs (real ones) actually work?  They are different from traditional anti-tank OR anti-APC/IFV weapons (such as the Carl Gustav or AT4).  The former do indeed fit over traditional infantry rifles, where a combination of the bullet's own velocity and the gas propulsion of firing it propel the grenade toward the target.  The disadvantage is a shorter range than more traditional anti-tank or anti-APC/IFV weapons (again, such as the Carl Gustav, AT4, or even the old-school Dragon of the Vietnam era), and you need more of them to take down even a Bradley or Striker, let alone even a Challenger - and don't even think about the Abrams.  The advantage is that RPGs, due to that old-school propulsion system, are supremely cheap - you can deploy RPGs in quantity (which is why they are STILL common in "brushfire wars", such as the current Syrian civil war - they were just as common - on both sides - in Afghanistan).  Further, paramilitary outfits (or even covert ones, such as SEAL Team Six or the Battlefield series' Tombstone Company) are NOT going to necessarily have the most up-to-date of weaponry which will blow their cover; by and large, they are going to go old-school (or gray-market, if not outright black market) for as much of their loadouts as they can - to preserve plausible deniability.  (Why do YOU think that DELTA - which was created before SEAL Team Six - is almost never deployed covertly anymore?  The reason is, in fact, rather obvious - it's almost as hard to deploy DELTA as it is the 82nd Airborne Division.  DELTA grew, and grew, and GREW - today, DELTA is the size of TWO Special Forces Groups, and requires two C-5s to deploy.  SIX can deploy on a single C-17 - if that much.  Tombstone Company is, in fact, smaller than SIX - it's about the size of a SEAL platoon.  Platoon and squad-sized units are FAR easier to covertly deploy than even an entire SEAL TEAM or SF Group, let alone a mechanized infantry battalion.)

Also, the idea of a "smart" RPG warhead is practical today - the idea comes from the "smart bomb", which is your basic low-drag general purpose bomb fitted with steering mechanics (including, in some cases, a laser receiver and/or TV camera) - the transmitter can be used by combat-controllers, forward air controllers, or even SOFs (again, Tombstone Company, Rangers, SEALS, Green Berets, etc.) to *paint* the target for the bomb (or missile, or RPG) - it's why PLDs (personal laser designators) are, in fact, part of the typical loadout for ALL those units I named before - in real life as well.  In other words, not only is it NOT a glitch, it's practical, and today - in fact, it's been practical since Desert Storm - which was two decades ago.

Some people from overclockers.co.uk forums did contact them and they confirmed that the premium that mentioned in product description is included.

I myself didn't order from them (had an "uncle" to order the game with the premium for me in Mexico), but to verify I also contacted them (zavvi) now. Just because psionicinversion ordered from them because of me.

the full premium content is not included mate. When they changed the description i emailed zavvi and they said it is not included. only thing from the premium content is China risiing which is available for all pre-orders. The person contacting me could be wrong but i guess ill just have to see when i get it :D

Also BF4 is awesome... my mate who plays alot of multiplayer fps says its one of the best hes ever played :D

• Like 1

the full premium content is not included mate. When they changed the description i emailed zavvi and they said it is not included. only thing from the premium content is China risiing which is available for all pre-orders. The person contacting me could be wrong but i guess ill just have to see when i get it :D

Also BF4 is awesome... my mate who plays alot of multiplayer fps says its one of the best hes ever played :D

They got back to me on Saturday and yeah, only China Rising is included:

Thank you for getting in touch about Battlefield 4.

At this time we are only offering the China Rising expansion pack.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Vicki

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Nvidia released new beta drivers the other day. just tried them out, it does seem to make a difference, 5-10 more fps, maybe 15 on the odd occasion.

331.40 BETA http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-331.40-beta-driver-uk.html

Release Summary

The new GeForce 331.40 beta driver is now available to download. An essential update for all new titles including the Battlefield 4 Beta, the 331.40 beta ensures maximum performance and system stability.

• Recommended driver for the latest new titles
  • Enhances NVIDIA Control Panel Ambient Occlusion feature with HBAO+
  • Adds and updates over a dozen SLI and Ambient Occlusion profiles.

Every time I try to connect to a server, Battlefield 4 stops responding while loading. I have an AMD Radeon HD 4870 with Catalyst 13.1 (can't use a newer version) which is slightly above the minimum requirements (AMD Radeon HD 3870). I checked the Battlelog forums and it looks like I'm not alone. People with better hardware have the same issue as me.

Every time I try to connect to a server, Battlefield 4 stops responding while loading. I have an AMD Radeon HD 4870 with Catalyst 13.1 (can't use a newer version) which is slightly above the minimum requirements (AMD Radeon HD 3870). I checked the Battlelog forums and it looks like I'm not alone. People with better hardware have the same issue as me.

BF 4 needs catalyst version 13.4 and up. my mate has 2x 4870's in crossfire and it doesnt work cus the 4870's are not supported in the drivers. im running 13.4 on 6870 and runs well... dont want update because as the saying goes if it aint broke dont fix it. me and him are going for the 280x when its released though :d

Funnily enough I have the same problem, but if I join off a friend already in a game it loads fine.

Iam Getting Pretty good performance for my system. My i5 is taxed to 100% so my gpu cant give it much, at ultra 1080p with 2xmsaa i get around 45fps avg, with near 60fps at point D and E and around 40 on water near the point C. My cpu peak at 100% when the map is dusted out at point C, will probably upgrade to a 3770k before release because most newer games will be using 8 thread, crysis 3 already does so..

Anyway its payable to my standard, i use a 660ti OC

Iam Getting Pretty good performance for my system. My i5 is taxed to 100% so my gpu cant give it much, at ultra 1080p with 2xmsaa i get around 45fps avg, with near 60fps at point D and E and around 40 on water near the point C. My cpu peak at 100% when the map is dusted out at point C, will probably upgrade to a 3770k before release because most newer games will be using 8 thread, crysis 3 already does so..

Anyway its payable to my standard, i use a 660ti OC

Runs fine on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

BF 4 needs catalyst version 13.4 and up. my mate has 2x 4870's in crossfire and it doesnt work cus the 4870's are not supported in the drivers. im running 13.4 on 6870 and runs well... dont want update because as the saying goes if it aint broke dont fix it. me and him are going for the 280x when its released though :D

Crisp just mentioned that he can join his friend's game so it may not be a driver issue. I think it's a game-related issue because other people, with newer video cards (and more up-to-date drivers), have the same problem.

Funnily enough I have the same problem, but if I join off a friend already in a game it loads fine.

I haven't tried that yet.

I had the issue where trying to launch the game just kept timing out. This fixed it.

If you are having trouble launching Battlefield 4 due to timing out issues, restarting your PC should get you back into the game.

Windows Vista and 7 users simply need to reboot their machine and launch Battlefield 4 again. Your game should launch after restarting your computer.

Windows 8 users running into timeout issues need to turn off Fast Startup before restarting, however Fast Startup can be turned back on following your reboot.

• Fast Startup settings can be found by opening up the Control Panel, selecting Power Options, and then clicking Choose what the power buttons do.
  • In this menu, click Change settings that are currently unavailable?you may receive a User Account Control alert; accept this and continue?and Shutdown settings will then be available to edit.
  • Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended) and save changes.
  • To turn Fast Startup back on, repeat these steps and check the box.

Note, you will need to repeat these step every 49 days if issues persist.

Now, I need to work on the performance issues I was having. Game ran like absolute ass, and according to the thread on Neogaf, I am not alone in those issues. I will try some of the tips I read about fixing the massive dips, just have not gotten a chance to do so yet. It took me a good hour this past saturday night before I found the fix above, so that sucked as I planned on just playing that hour.

I have to say, I have yet to preorder the PC version, and that has everything to do with the issues I have had so far. I am hesitant to do so. Know that may be silly since it is a beta, but I have never had as many issues with a BF Beta as I have with this one.

This is also the one game I plan on double dipping and picking up for the consoles as well, and so far I am leaning towards the PS3 version just because it includes the code in box to upgrade to the PS4 version for $10. Apparently I can also do the same thing with the 360 version, but I would have to purchase the game from GameStop, and then go trade it in for $10 to get the One version. Have to admit the convenience of just getting a code to do the upgrade from PS3 to PS4 is such the better option. Just wish I have not read the not so positive previews for BOTH next gen consoles. With that said, the way I see it, the console version is just for the fun of playing. The PC version is for the fun of playing AND the eye candy. If I can get it running on my what seems to now be pretty dated 660 Ti.

I can't launch the game because the site doesn't recognize that the Battlelog Plugin is installed. Not sure where to go from here.

did you try using another browser?

My game running so far so good, the only thing its crashed couple time in past week but it's in beta stage still.

did you try using another browser?

My game running so far so good, the only thing its crashed couple time in past week but it's in beta stage still.

Tried both Firefox and IE 10.

Uninstall Plug In, restart computer and try installing back.

p.s: I'm using Chrome but it shouldn't matter

Got it to work with the stable FIrefox release; I was using the nightly before.

After about 2 minutes of loading, I was kicked due to a Punkbuster initialization error :(.

After about 2 minutes of loading, I was kicked due to a Punkbuster initialization error :(.

PBs main lameness is their autoupdater doesn't work right.  Update it with their manual updater.

Reinstall PunkBuster if you have problems  :)

Now, I need to work on the performance issues I was having. Game ran like absolute ass, and according to the thread on Neogaf, I am not alone in those issues. I will try some of the tips I read about fixing the massive dips, just have not gotten a chance to do so yet. It took me a good hour this past saturday night before I found the fix above, so that sucked as I planned on just playing that hour.

Try using the geforce experience center or AMD's equivalent to optimize your settings, and check for driver updates, nvidia's latest beta drivers boot performance of BF4 beta. Again, not sure about AMD, but I suspect they'll have some as well.

Try using the geforce experience center or AMD's equivalent to optimize your settings, and check for driver updates, nvidia's latest beta drivers boot performance of BF4 beta. Again, not sure about AMD, but I suspect they'll have some as well.

AMD doesn't have an equivalent yet, they're working on it.