california internet untapped revenue tax e-commerce internet tax freedom act

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 17,222 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:03

Like I said many times, it's only a matter of time before some smart government employee realizes we are all breathing and that they could tax us for the air we breath.

yeah, via a "carbon tax" because we produce carbon dioxide........ :rolleyes: you know someone will try it someday.....

heck we already have the IMF saying Gasoline should have a mandatory $1.50 tax on all "Developed" countries to stop people from using cars...... great..... put public transportation in the middle of the USA... see how cost effective that is... idiots

#17 jjkusaf

jjkusaf

Deadhead

• 1,147 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:19

...and this guy thinks it is a good idea...you know...to reduce spam.

But email I'm as familiar with as a nagging toothache. I spend way too much of my day, as do many workers who dependon computers, hitting the delete key or — even more time-consuming — routing spam into the junk file and trying to block out the arrogant sender forever.
Often the email is in a foreign language that's all Greek to me. Or it's spinning me on some Atlantic Coast congressional race that is of no interest whatsoever. I'm also not in the market for awnings or pet food or a "tactical robot." And, no, I really don't care about the "Amway Boycott" or that "the National Farmers Union Endorses Raw Milk."
So leave me alone. And stop clogging my inbox.
There also are the scam scum. No, I wasn't aware that I had just won the $25-million online lottery and the check would be sent as soon as I turn over my personal info. Nor am I interested in the woman who wants to "share her love."
You get the idea. I'm not nearly as concerned about keeping snail mail afloat as fending off these spammers and scammers and denying them free access to my work station. Make them pay. Maybe it'll be a deterrent.

http://articles.lati...il-tax-20130325

Postage cost sure hasn't helped reducing unwanted snail mail. Gmail (and Hotmail), in my opinion and experience does a very good job in keeping spam out of my Outlook. I'll log into gmail every so often to look at the spam folder just to be sure it hasn't filtered something I want...but 99% of the time it "just works".

I can see them taxing goods purchased off the internet...though I wouldn't like it...it is something I would understand and think it within reason. Sending emails through a service that I'm paying for and is already taxed....nope.

#18 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 17,222 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 15:48

...and this guy thinks it is a good idea...you know...to reduce spam.

http://articles.lati...il-tax-20130325

Postage cost sure hasn't helped reducing unwanted snail mail. Gmail (and Hotmail), in my opinion and experience does a very good job in keeping spam out of my Outlook. I'll log into gmail every so often to look at the spam folder just to be sure it hasn't filtered something I want...but 99% of the time it "just works".

I can see them taxing goods purchased off the internet...though I wouldn't like it...it is something I would understand and think it within reason. Sending emails through a service that I'm paying for and is already taxed....nope.

and since most spam comes from overseas.... won't do crap.... but i'm not gona pay to use email I'd just use another service like facebook, oh want to tax facebook too?.... im sure facebook would have something to say about that.... run your own internal mail server then, how are you going to tax that if you only mail internally?

#19 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,737 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 29 March 2013 - 15:54

We should tax stupid ideas. Then the government would be bankrupt. Oh wait..

#20 ShareShiz

ShareShiz

Neowinian

• 992 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 15:58

Soooooo...... are you going to tax spam too ? :|

Posted Image

#21 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

• 3,501 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S3

Posted 29 March 2013 - 17:16

This e-mail tax proposal is being made by ONE California official ... A councilman, Gordon Wozniak, representing District 8 of Berkeley, California. I hardly think this ignoramus is representative of the entire state of California and the U.S. Please, let us stop providing attention to these morons.

#22 Torolol

Torolol

• 3,157 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 00:37

^no, you must pay attention and rebuke him everytime, otherwise what he said will passed into Bill, and it will bill you up eventualy.

Govt will tax the ISP, then ISP will increases the fee rates in the end.

#23 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

• 3,501 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S3

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:03

^no, you must pay attention and rebuke him everytime, otherwise what he said will passed into Bill, and it will bill you up eventualy.

Govt will tax the ISP, then ISP will increases the fee rates in the end.

... damn it, you're right. :/

#24 Hideyoshi

Hideyoshi

Neowinian

• 37 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:05

Taxed emails, it seems we kinda run out of ideas.

#25 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:09

This e-mail tax proposal is being made by ONE California official ... A councilman, Gordon Wozniak, representing District 8 of Berkeley, California. I hardly think this ignoramus is representative of the entire state of California and the U.S. Please, let us stop providing attention to these morons.

Apparently you don't know our government.