9 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote][b][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Summary:[/font][/color][/b]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]PS4's friend list is being expanded[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Play Remote Play on Vita through home network or Internet[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]No support needed from devs for Remote Play besides Vita controller configuration [/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]No support needed from devs for any streaming/uploading of videos[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Controllers charge when PS4 off[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Controller buttons are digital not analog[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Controller keeps copy of user profile[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]A long push on the controller share button takes a screenshot[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Have to enable people seeing your real name on the PS4. Auto-enabled if you import from another social network. (Can be turned off)[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Games are downloaded in chunks[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Buy games/download demos from Playstation app on Android/iOS, immediately starts downloading on PS4[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]PS4 Eye can switch split-screen depending on where each player is sitting ([/font][/color][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Sees the controller, you guys move, splitscreen moves to be on the right side)[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]PS4 Eye will enhance the PS4 user experience.

Posted

"[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Dev environment is Win7 64-bit VS2010, LLVM/Clang with C++11 support"... ah?[/font][/color]

Posted

sounds more and more like i am going to skip this one, it took me until the first slim PS3 before i bought one of those, and it looks as thought i might do the same for the PS4.

Posted

Wat?

From the sounds of it they are going in a completely consumer orientated business model this time around, why would you wait?

Posted

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Controller keeps copy of user profile[/font][/color] - So always have to use the same controller?
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Have to enable people seeing your real name on the PS4. - TERRIBLE idea. Sure it can be turned off but still. :s[/font][/color][color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,] [/font][/color]

Posted

[quote name='ahhell' timestamp='1364414660' post='595601906']
[color=#000000]Controller keeps copy of user profile[/color] - So always have to use the same controller?
[color=#000000]Have to enable people seeing your real name on the PS4. - TERRIBLE idea. Sure it can be turned off but still. :s[/color][color=#000000] [/color]
[/quote]

1. Of course not, it simply means you can make your account portable and take it to friends houses.
2. It reads as you have to enable your name [b]for[/b] it to appear, by default it DOESN'T appear.

Posted

If I can install windows on that then I may actually buy it to develop things in there... not sony related though.

Posted

Repetition but I think this is a more complete list

[quote]
[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]So, New PS4 infos so i figured a comprehensive thread should be created. The guys at Gaming Everything have compiled a crap ton of infos from GDC from IGN's Gregg.[/font][/color]

[url="http://gamingeverything.com/44324/new-ps4-hardware-controller-ps-eye-ui-details-from-sonys-gdc-presentation/"]Link[/url]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Info:[/font][/color][list]
[*]Targeted to be the

Posted

[quote name='Arceles' timestamp='1364414849' post='595601920']
If I can install windows on that then I may actually buy it to develop things in there... not sony related though.
[/quote]
The dev kits are usually a PC with some sort of custom console hardware.
They are also super expensive. The PS3 dev kit was $10k initially.