• Nova Backup
    • NTI Backup Now
    • Symantec
    • Synback
    • Turbo Backup
    • Windows Backup
    • Other (Please specify below)

Question

Here is the Best Backup Software 2013 official thread. Use this as a reference for researching back-up software.

Cheers!

17 answers to this question

Personally I use SyncToy which is incredibly simple to use and works perfectly for me... I'd love to backup online too, but most of the plans are so expensive :(

Personally I use SyncToy which is incredibly simple to use and works perfectly for me... I'd love to backup online too, but most of the plans are so expensive sad.png

Crashplan - unlimited for I believe $5/month.

Macrium reflect for now... Can anyone suggest one that can boot to recovery before loading the OS, like acronis (press f11 to recover)??

Redo Backup and Recovery. http://redobackup.org/

Works well with Linux and Windows. Nothing to install, either. It runs off a CD or USB stick. I used unetbootin to get the iso onto a stick and have never looked back. Boot to the stick, run your backup, and move on. For bare metal restores, it rocks!

Oh, and it's free and open source. :heart:

I do not like Macrium Reflect interface and True Image 2013 is unstable.

I use AX64 Time Machine. http://www.ax64.com/ Cheaper and the best! There a more advance version coming out soon for multiple partitions. It is pretty new just to make sure you know but it is improving daily.

Even got True Image 2013 for $10 but didn't want it.

I'm new to Windows 8 and what I have a friend, who's been a Windows user for many many years(great to have one of those around) tell me is that there's a built-in backup solution called File History. So I opted for that. I guess it's called Windows Backup here. It's backing up to a seperate harddrive.

If it's any good I have yet to find out - so far so good. I'm only a few days in.

I'm looking in having a seperate full backup on an external drive so I'm following this thread.

I'm looking for a free program that can do at least disaster recovery with differential or incremental scheduled backups, and automatic cleaning. So far, I've found only the free version of Easeus.

For paid versions, I think many programs can do these and more (like multiple backups sets), but in addition I'd consider something that can do native or non-proprietary format backups (so that I can access backups using other machines and without having to use the backup program) and more options for adjusting performance and compression (in case the backup process slows down the system).

For online backups, I will probably do that for only a few files, and I think some services like IDrive have free plans plus scheduling, versioning, and encryption. I'm not sure if there's a set-and-forget feature (e.g., if the backup storage limit is reached, the oldest version of files is deleted).

For automatic file backups, the great amount of options, profiles, scheduler and features of Syncovery (formerly Super Flexible File Synchronizer) are one of the best out there. It's worth every penny and I have been using it for about 2 or 3 years now.

I use O&O DiskImage for imaging disk of all my PC's. Acronis could be first but I prefer DiskImage simpler interface. Acronis, on the other hand, has great support for WinPE and other bootable environments.

Among the free software, I would choose Macrium for disk imaging and FBackup or SyncBreeze for file backups.