which language better

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JullyMartin

JullyMartin

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:49

HELLO GUYS,
Can anyone tell me which language is better for developing desktop application?java or .net

#2 +zhiVago

zhiVago

Pax Orbis

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:02

It depends on the application.

These two articles may help make up your mind:

Comparison of the Java and .NET platforms

Comparison of C# and Java

However, If I were just starting to learn how to code, I'd probably begin with learning LISP.

#3 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• Tech Issues Solved: 14

Posted 28 March 2013 - 17:11

HELLO GUYS,
Can anyone tell me which language is better for developing desktop application?java or .net

Those are platforms, not languages. On the Java platform the two main languages are Java (the language) and Scala. Out of these two, Scala is way better and Java is way more popular. On .NET the main languages are C# and VB, but there are many more. Both are functionally equivalent but C# is more popular among professional software developers. If you're developing for Windows the obvious choice is .NET (Winforms, WPF, integration with WinRT). http://www.microsoft...windows-desktop

#4 Original Poster

Original Poster

Systems Developer

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Android

Posted 30 March 2013 - 14:41

HELLO GUYS,

I personally would go C# or JAVA ... I already learning java and am sticking to it and its family (as i now have java mind set) both will get you jobs one of my friends is learning C# then objective so we can partner up

#5 kjordan2001

kjordan2001

Mystery Solver

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 05 April 2013 - 21:18

It depends on which OS platforms you're aiming for. Java will of course run on most any. There are .NET runtimes for operating systems other than Windows, but not made by Microsoft itself, so you might be out of luck on some features of it. Python is also good and there's a lot of GUI toolkit bindings for it. You can of course go C or C++ and use cross-platform GUI APIs or go native with them if you want pure performance.