http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoBcnqrtnzg

http://www.autoblog....-new-york-2013/

#2 Xerxes

Xerxes

Neowinian Senior

• 6,263 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S4 Plus

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:08

Looks good, interesting they made it a sedan this time round. Traditionally it's always been a hatch (from what I can gather anyway).

#3 +zhiVago

zhiVago

World Citizen

• 9,318 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:10

Missing "sedan" in the title ).

2014 Audi A3 / S3 sedan revealed

Goes on sale this spring

The late night debuts continue as Audi has taken the wraps off the 2014 A3 and S3 sedans.

Set to go on sale this spring, the sedans have a familiar appearance but eschew the hatchback for an American-friendly trunk. Overall, the sedan measures 175.5 inches long, 70 inches wide and 55.7 inches tall with a wheelbase that spans 103.4 inches. This effectively makes the model about the same size as the original A4 that was launched nearly two decades ago.

The S3 is distinguished by modified bumpers, revised side skirts and a trunk-mounted spoiler. Designers also added faux aluminum mirror casings and a sport-tuned suspension that reduces the ride height by 25mm.

In the United States, the A3 will come nicely equipped with leather upholstery, Bluetooth connectivity, a panoramic sunroof and an MMI infotainment system a seven-inch display. Options include LED ambient lighting, a Bang & Olufsen audio system and 4G/LTE connectivity.

Under the hood, a variety of different engines will be available including:

• A 1.4-liter TFSI with 140 HP (103 kW) and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) of torque
  • A 1.8-liter TFSI with 170 HP (132 kW) and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) of torque
  • A 2.0-liter TFSI with an undisclosed output
  • A 2.0-liter TDI with 150 HP (110 kW) and 320 Nm (236 lb-ft) of torque
The S3 has a high-output 2.0-liter TFSI engine that develops 300 HP (221 kW) and 380 Nm (280 lb-ft) of torque. It enables the model to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 4.9 seconds with the S tronic transmission and 0-100 km/h in 5.3 seconds with the six-speed manual.

Regardless of which gearbox is selected, the top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h (155 mph).

In Germany, the A3 is expected to be priced from roughly 25,000 euros

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Views expressed are not necessarily those of the management

• 1,294 posts
  • Phone: LG Nexus 4

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:16

Wow, still copying BMW styling then. Change the badges and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

#5 +zhiVago

zhiVago

World Citizen

• 9,318 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:54

Wow, still copying BMW styling then. Change the badges and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I would. It's easy :p

I can literally smell the difference between Audi, BMW, and Benz! Can you? :D

#6 Som

Som

Neowinian

• 761 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:18

i'm confused , if this is the new A3 then what does the A4 look like? and do they have a hatchback anymore...

#7 +zhiVago

zhiVago

World Citizen

• 9,318 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:30

i'm confused , if this is the new A3 then what does the A4 look like? and do they have a hatchback anymore...

This is A3/S3 Sedan.

For A3's three and five door versions, check here and here

And here you'll find the current A4.

:)

#8 Som

Som

Neowinian

• 761 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:42

For A3's three and five door versions, check here and here
:)

They're both the same ha :p, where's the 3 door?

I want an a5 anyways :D (have an a4 already)

#9 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,621 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:23

Exterior is awesome, but interior is so horrific. Performance is good, I can't wait to see how this stacks up to the CLA 45.

#10 +zhiVago

zhiVago

World Citizen

• 9,318 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 14:42

They're both the same ha :p, where's the 3 door?

Thanks for pointing that out!

audi.com is always the best choice :)

I want an a5 anyways :D (have an a4 already)

Cool :) I'm an A4 owner too (I have two actually, my wife drives the second one) But I want an S4 :wub: (If i weren't married, I'd probably be driving it haha)

#11 OP Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

• 7,434 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 17:01

Where do you resemblance? Audis look NOTHING like BMWs. I mean they have nothing in common..

A3 is meant to compete with BMW 1 series.. Here's how BMW looks like

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then The 3 Series that's butt ugly

Posted Image

Posted Image

They have nothing in common.. and if you actually followed history and development you would know that Nuvolari concept that the whole line of Audis has been designed around has been out designed and prototyped way before the current design that BMW sports (which is ugly as ass to me).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BMW has nothing on styling, design and interior on Audi.. and even in performance dept. Audis are starting to match and outmatch BMW performance and driving with the latest models while having far superior design and interior.

#12 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,621 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 17:27

BMW has nothing on styling, design and interior on Audi.. and even in performance dept. Audis are starting to match and outmatch BMW performance and driving with the latest models while having far superior design and interior.

I'll agree on styling. The only thing that's bad about both Audi and BMW is that their whole model lineup looks like each other. This is truly pathetic of both companies. The A3 looks exaclty like the A4 which looks like a smaller A6 and that is a smaller A8. Out of the big three, Mercedes has the most distinct/unique lineup. I like the BMW 3 series, but then again looks are highly subjective. Performance wise, Audi is still way behind BMW. BMW is THE drivers car, out of the big three at least. Audi can't even keep their freaking nomencalutre straight - S vs. RS...

#13 OP Boz

Boz

Neowinian Senior

• 7,434 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 17:39

I'll agree on styling. The only thing that's bad about both Audi and BMW is that their whole model lineup looks like each other. This is truly pathetic of both companies. The A3 looks exaclty like the A4 which looks like a smaller A6 and that is a smaller A8. Out of the big three, Mercedes has the most distinct/unique lineup. I like the BMW 3 series, but then again looks are highly subjective. Performance wise, Audi is still way behind BMW. BMW is THE drivers car, out of the big three at least. Audi can't even keep their freaking nomencalutre straight - S vs. RS...

I'll agree that Mercedes has made the biggest leap in styling but it was way overdue. Audi's current design has been going now for several years. It started with A5 a few years back and it expanded to other models.

While Audi traditionally wasn't up to par with BMW on the regular models that has now changed with A6. A6 is more powerful, handles better, is lighter than BMW 5 series.

Audi model line up corresponds to BMW one like this:

A4 = BMW 3 series
A5 = (no comparable car from BMW - maybe 3 series coupe) but the reality is that A5 will have it's competitor with BMW with 4 series really
A6 = 5 series
A7 = 6 series
A8 = 7 series

S4 = BMW 335 twin turbo
S5 = (no competitor it will be 4 series coupe probably with twin turbos)
S6 = BMW 550i
S7 = 6 series 650i
S8 = 750i

RS4 = M3
RS5 = (no competitor again = M4?)
RS6 = M5
RS7 = M6
both 7 series and S8 don't really go higher.. there is no M7 or RS8

Plus.. Audi has R8 which BMW really doesn't have an answer for.

#14 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,621 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 20:24

I'll agree that Mercedes has made the biggest leap in styling but it was way overdue. Audi's current design has been going now for several years. It started with A5 a few years back and it expanded to other models.

While Audi traditionally wasn't up to par with BMW on the regular models that has now changed with A6. A6 is more powerful, handles better, is lighter than BMW 5 series.

Audi model line up corresponds to BMW one like this:

A4 = BMW 3 series
A5 = (no comparable car from BMW - maybe 3 series coupe) but the reality is that A5 will have it's competitor with BMW with 4 series really
A6 = 5 series
A7 = 6 series
A8 = 7 series

S4 = BMW 335 twin turbo
S5 = (no competitor it will be 4 series coupe probably with twin turbos)
S6 = BMW 550i
S7 = 6 series 650i
S8 = 750i

RS4 = M3
RS5 = (no competitor again = M4?)
RS6 = M5
RS7 = M6
both 7 series and S8 don't really go higher.. there is no M7 or RS8

Plus.. Audi has R8 which BMW really doesn't have an answer for.

Yes, but for the longest time they didn't have an RS5, not until this year, at least in the US. (New) RS4/RS6 are absent in the US as well, have been for a long time. RS7? Doesn't exist in the US for now. BMW is consistent with their lineup, their M models are readily available in the US. The same is true for most Mercedes and AMG products.

The new A6 is nice, but the new 5 series is also very nice and seriously underrated. Tthe base 535xi has 240hp/260tq, where as the base A6 2.0T has 211hp/258tq (E350 comes in at 302hp/273tq and a V6). The other models probably favor Audi with a slight power advantage, but not by much. I still don't like the ######'s goal to make Audi the #1 automaker - their cars are going to feel like a common Toyota/Honda/Ford/etc., and have no sense of owning a luxury car that's prestigious. Don't get me wrong, I still like Audi's, but I hope they continue making good cars in the future.

#15 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• 8,118 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 20:40

Audis definitely aren't cosmetically similar to BMW. BMWs have looked pretty much the same for years and years, which is why they're boring (in my opinion). Audis are basically glorified VWs (which is the point, I guess), but at least they have a sharp/futuristic look to them.

What's up with the retractable GPS screen? Seems like a pretty tacky design.