• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8.1 Update

Posted 28 April 2013 - 14:18

1. Windows Blue
2. Windows 8
3. Windows 7
4. Windows Vista
5. Windows XP

Actualy, Blue I boot more to Blue for simple tasks and to Windows 8 when I want to work... :)

#92 Alexander-dude

Alexander-dude

Neowinian

• Phone: HTC 8S

Posted 28 April 2013 - 14:32

1. Windows 8- fast, best UI (i got used with metro and now i like it a lot, found some good apps that i use in the background) a lot of features, best security
2. Windows 7- fast, big improvement over vista, it just works.
3. Windows Vista- better UI for that time than XP, a lot of new features, but poorly optimized.
4. Windows XP- ugly UI, cartoonish, isn't really a modern OS, it still works for some but it's like an old car, it works, but you just want a new one.

#93 +imachip

imachip

Neowinian

Posted 28 April 2013 - 14:32

1. Windows Blue
2. Windows 8
3. Windows 7
4. Windows Vista
5. Windows XP

Actualy, Blue I boot more to Blue for simple tasks and to Windows 8 when I want to work... :)

However, Blue is just a service pack. You might as well split the other OS's in line, as Windows Vista was quite bad performance wise pre-SP and Windows XP was a lot more stable with SP2+.

Personally I favor 7.

#94 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 28 April 2013 - 14:40

1: Windows 7. Windows 7 was what Vista should have been. Fast, and beautiful with great features.
2: Windows XP. Feels dated now on modern hardware but it has served the IT industry extremely well
3: Vista. Once the performance issues were fixed not as bad of an OS as people seemed to think
4: Windows 8. Great performance but unfortunately for me that doesn't negate the horrible UI, horrible visual theme and the start screen. A big step backwards IMO.

#95 Seketh

Seketh

Neowinian

Posted 28 April 2013 - 19:26

Here's an honest evaluation from a Windows 8 lover:

1: Windows 7 - Great OS, everything just works, a polished product.
2: Windows 8 - Brings Windows to 21st century hardware, fast, stable, and includes everything that makes Windows 7 great. But the UI it introduced needs polish, same with the new apps.
3: Windows XP - For many, it was their first OS, and to many others, their introduction to the stability of Windows NT. But the UI didn't really improved that much from previous versions of Windows, it was just prettier.
4: Vista - Many improvements over XP but very heavy on the hardware when it launched. Was only properly fixed after SP1, until then, XP was a much better alternative.