where is it??

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 abysal

abysal

Neowin Addict

• Phone: BB9930/SGSIII

Posted 07 May 2013 - 00:11

But I have a laptop :( I cant customize my hardware to meet os x needs.

Ah sorry I missed that. Although there are a few hackintosh compatible laptops out there too.

http://www.macbreake...ps-of-2013.html

#62 szo

szo

Neowinian

Posted 07 May 2013 - 00:41

Download Xtrafinder.com for tabs, folder arrangement, menu shortcuts, cut/paste, and tons more. Best of all it's free and better performance than Totalfinder and pathfinder.

#63 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:15

I'd actually like the text APIs to gain sub-pixel positioning support in 10.9, or at least a public API for enabling it (Currently it snaps glyphs to pixel boundaries, so rotated or animated text jumps between whole pixels, which looks like crap)

Safari can disable it (or at least avoid it), but applications like Firefox or Preview draw their text in such a way that they can't benefit from that. DirectWrite on Windows supports it, and it leads to much nicer rendering (Which funnily enough is also one of the things people hate about it, since it renders much more correctly than GDI does)

#64 Mr Nom Nom's

Mr Nom Nom's

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5S 'Space Grey' (64GB)

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:04

I'd actually like the text APIs to gain sub-pixel positioning support in 10.9, or at least a public API for enabling it (Currently it snaps glyphs to pixel boundaries, so rotated or animated text jumps between whole pixels, which looks like crap)

Safari can disable it (or at least avoid it), but applications like Firefox or Preview draw their text in such a way that they can't benefit from that. DirectWrite on Windows supports it, and it leads to much nicer rendering (Which funnily enough is also one of the things people hate about it, since it renders much more correctly than GDI does).

I don't see that happening as Apple has a tendency to want to automate more things so there is consistent behaviour between applications - maybe if we're in luck there will be improvement in how the text is handled based on how rotation is handled in iOS.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!