Firms with the most high-pay job openings

Good news job seekers: Some of America's biggest and brightest companies are looking to fill thousands of well-paying positions. Forbes and the online job search engine Indeed.com have put together a list of the 15 companies that have the most postings right now for jobs that pay at least $60,000 a year.

The Seattle-based e-commerce behemoth Amazon takes the No. 1 spot. The world?s largest online retailer is trying to fill 2,407 jobs that pay $60,000 or more a year.

Amazon is looking for software development engineers, project managers, and financial analysts, among others. The top five places for Amazon jobs? Seattle, Boston, Palo Alto, Herndon, Va., and New York City.

Oracle, the tech giant headed by billionaire Larry Ellison, currently has 2,350 postings for jobs paying $60,000 or more a year. Headquartered in Redwood City, Calif., Oracle is looking to hire software developers, sales representatives, application developers and consultants all over the country. While most openings are in California (Redwood Shores, Santa Clara, Pleasanton and Redwood City), the company is doing its heaviest hiring in Bentonville, Ark.

Rounding out the top three is Microsoft, the Redmond, Wash.-based multinational software corporation. It currently has 2,089 listings for jobs that pay $60,000 or more--including software development engineer, program manager, enterprise architect, and attorney positions. It?s doing its heaviest hiring in Washington, California, D.C., and New York.

Here are the 10 companies hiring the most right now (for jobs that pay $60,000 or more):

1. Amazon: 2,407 openings

2. Oracle: 2,350 openings

3. Microsoft: 2,089 openings

4. Dell: 1,862 openings

5. JPMorgan Chase: 1,761 openings

6. IBM: 1,755 openings

7. PwC: 1,571 openings

8. SAIC: 1,537 openings

9. CRST International: 1,378 openings

10. Apple: 1,374 openings

more

I know at least 5 people from my school who just got hired at Microsoft. My school isn't even that big (<1000 graduating seniors, probably <50 of that is computer science)

^ Cool -- maybe they will fix Windows.

Or maybe they'll contribute to something more useful than caving to a bunch of whiners :p (Sorry I couldn't resist).

Kind of surprising that Google is not on that list.

^ Cool -- maybe they will fix Windows.

Fix problems with Windows? They cant do anything about the bug between the chair and the keyboard.

Is that $60,000 a month or a year?

Everything when it comes to salary, is expressed annually....

This means it is 5000 a month.

Then it's not that "high-pay" job in the computer world. Perhaps for early QA work without much experience, but that's about it.

The way the original post is worded, this is what I understood (computer world). The only missing link for me was whether it was annual or monthly salary, because I am ignorant of US terminology.