Teachers who stomped American flag, Jesus, are gone

And again, given how nasty and hateful you are I'll take your criticism for precisely what it's worth: Nothing. When you stop being nasty, then perhaps you'll have a point. Until then your continued posturing will just make you look like a hypocrite ;)

Absence of belief is not belief of absence. Dishonesty won't win you any extra brownie points.

Black is not a color, it's the absence of a color and of light. Most people still think of Black as a color, because it is.

In other words semantics are semantics and a fact is a fact. Atheism maybe said to be an absence of a belief, but that absence of a belief is it's own belief.

You are all betting on something kids. No matter what you call it, it is what it is.

The absence of something is still a world view and a belief system. You can lie to yourselves all day long but facts are facts.

Have you studied it? Apparently not. Taking things out of context and understanding it are two different things.

Religion has been a interest for most of my adult life (20 years about) I can't say I dedicated studies to it, but defiantly researched hundreds of books, documentaries, followed web blogs, chatted with intelligent people from both sides, and even dove into Christianity (Word of Life Branch here) for 2 years to explore it more to see it from the inside instead of the outside. I also can't say I have read the bible in its entirety but defiantly the most important (to Christians) parts.

Black is not a color, it's the absence of a color and of light. Most people still think of Black as a color, because it is.

In other words semantics are semantics and a fact is a fact. Atheism maybe said to be an absence of a belief, but that absence of a belief is it's own belief.

You are all betting on something kids. No matter what you call it, it is what it is.

The absence of something is still a world view and a belief system. You can lie to yourselves all day long but facts are facts.

No, it really isn't. We have a seperate phrase for that, it's called anti theism. Go grab yourself a dictionary some time and stop with the stupid posturing.

And again, given how nasty and hateful you are I'll take your criticism for precisely what it's worth: Nothing. When you stop being nasty, then perhaps you'll have a point. Until then your continued posturing will just make you look like a hypocrite ;)

I am not nasty and hateful. I just don't like B.S. and attack on people with faith for no provocation. People have already made comments about you in many threads so I won't say anything other than say just look at your post history.

I am a nice guy, I just don't like to see cronyism on the Internet played out by no provocation at all.

I am a Sinner and I have sinned many, many, many, many times. I am not perfect at all and I have never said that. I have violated many of the 10 commandments and I have lied, stolen things, lusted, hurt people. I have done many things wrong. I won't go into detail of course, but I am no better than you are.

I just pray to God to forgive me of those things and I try not to do those things as much as possible.

When I pray I get this incredible peace in my heart and I fear nothing because I know God is with me.

That peace is real, I can feel it when I pray. You won't believe that of course, but I feel it. It's not in my head, it's not a fantasy.

Religion has been a interest for most of my adult life (20 years about) I can't say I dedicated studies to it, but defiantly researched hundreds of books, documentaries, followed web blogs, chatted with intelligent people from both sides, and even dove into Christianity (Word of Life Branch here) for 2 years to explore it more to see it from the inside instead of the outside. I also can't say I have read the bible in its entirety but defiantly the most important (to Christians) parts.

Did you also study about Bible Prophecy? Jesus was not only talked about in the NT he is also mentioned in Isaiah and many other books in the OT.

You have to open your mind and let the Bible interpret itself.

No, it really isn't. We have a seperate phrase for that, it's called anti theism. Go grab yourself a dictionary some time and stop with the stupid posturing.

Most intelligent people know it's a belief. I did the work, here you go. It's the rejection of a belief in the existence of deities. In other words a belief system about the rejection of the existence of deities. Done.

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[8][9] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[9][10]

When I pray I get this incredible peace in my heart and I fear nothing because I know God is with me.

That peace is real, I can feel it when I pray. You won't believe that of course, but I feel it. It's not in my head, it's not a fantasy.

It is in your head. Its psychology 101, as with anyone, humans feel better when they tell some about their problems or confess about their crimes whether that be to friends, family, psychiatrist, psychologist, or therapist. In your head you truly believe you have an audience (for you it happens to be GOD) which triggers the same Dopamine (reward drug) causing effect. You feel like you have done a good deed and will be rewarded by it.

I am not nasty and hateful. I just don't like B.S. and attack on people with faith for no provocation. People have already made comments about you in many threads so I won't say anything other than say just look at your post history.

I am a nice guy, I just don't like to see cronyism on the Internet played out by no provocation at all.

Bullcrap. You're just as full of bigotry and generalisations as you claim we are. If you don't like BS, perhaps you should stop espousing it? You're just as hateful and intolerant of those that don't have invisible sky friends as you claim we are towards theists, and you're so full of righteous anger that, like a lot of creationists you think simply believing in God makes it OK for you to be a bigot whilst moaning about anyone that refuses to cave to your stone age sky tyrant.

Most intelligent people know it's a belief. I did the work, here you go. It's the rejection of a belief in the existence of deities. In other words a belief system about the rejection of the existence of deities. Done.

Atheism is, in a broad sense, the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1][2] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[3][4][5] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[4][5][6][7] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[8][9] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[9][10]

disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Instead of using Wikipedia try using an actual dictionary that can't be edited by anyone that has a bug to bare.

It is in your head. Its psychology 101, as with anyone, humans feel better when they tell some about their problems or confess about their crimes whether that be to friends, family, psychiatrist, psychologist, or therapist. In your head you truly believe you have an audience (for you it happens to be GOD) which triggers the same Dopamine (reward drug) causing effect. You feel like you have done a good deed and will be rewarded by it.

Wow. I actually feel sad for you right now. You sound so lost - rationalizing away everything you cannot definitively explain with logic and science. Throughout our existence and with all of our advancements - there are still so many (many) things that simply cannot be explained. If someone takes solace in praying - maybe what they are feeling is yet another of these unexplained phenomena that makes up the human experience. I do not believe humanity is some kind of great big cosmic accident - I believe there is divine purpose in each life. I hope some day you find yours.

Wow. I actually feel sad for you right now. You sound so lost - rationalizing away everything you cannot definitively explain with logic and science. Throughout our existence and with all of our advancements - there are still so many (many) things that simply cannot be explained. If someone takes solace in praying - maybe what they are feeling is yet another of these unexplained phenomena that makes up the human experience. I do not believe humanity is some kind of great big cosmic accident - I believe there is divine purpose in each life. I hope some day you find yours.

You know what's -really- sad? That you can't even see how condescending that entire post is.

We don't know the answer therefore it's something supernatural.

If that statement sounds logical to you, then you're the one with the issue not us. We don't know doesn't mean supernatural it means just that... that we don't have all the answers yet.

• Like 1

I agree with this and I never said anything to the contrary. A LOT of atheists attack believers of faith and are aggressive. This is a factual statement. How is this a lie or dishonest? Seriously.

See, you have what Atheists and what they believe which is a lack of belief in God, which is a belief. Then you have their actions and how a lot of them act is what I posted.

It's not rocket science guys. It is, what it is.

I have a lack of a belief in a god, that makes me an atheist.

I additionally have a opposition towards theists such as yourself, that makes me an antitheist.

Part 2 is not a requirement of part 1; part 1 carries no extra meaning or association other than the simple lack of belief. Just as much as being American doesn't automatically make you a straight white Christian male with a fetish for intercourse with the barrel of a gun and fox news.

You see, I have no issue with you bemoaning antitheism because I will gladly admit that I think you are severely mentally ill and should be treated as such. (Locked up in a padded cell) What is factually wrong however is the ignorant application of your feelings toward what is actually antitheism, onto atheism. No opinions, no belief - you are wrong by definition. End of discussion.

• Like 3

Keep in mind the teacher stomping on jesus was following his colleges course related stuff . He was put on paid leave due to the threats he was receiving .

Keep in mind the teacher stomping on jesus was following his colleges course related stuff . He was put on paid leave due to the threats he was receiving .

And the threats are why people lamented about the Christian Taliban.

Love thy neighbour, but only if he bows to the same god. Otherwise, lynch the bugger.

• Like 2

Christians... they're so much more progressive and tolerant than those evil Muslims!!

:laugh:

you (and everyone else) are simpler then we build ourselves up to be. :) Vanity in its extremest form is religion.

It may be a piece of cloth to you. But I'm sure of you research your nations flag, you'll learn what the design and colors mean on your flag. but I learned that mine was created to represent on one level, the blood of patriots who died for the ideals of liberty of my nation.

therein lies the problem. if you stomp on the US flag, you must hate the US and are free to leave the country.

Or I just don't attach any symbols to a piece of cloth with some funky design.

I wouldn't mind stomping on an American flag, neither would I have an issue putting my foot on a Belgium flag.

Does this now mean I hate my own country? Or that I am smarter then that and I just don't care about standing on a piece of fabric?

See it works this way too. Lets not ignore the fact that religious people are the ones that go door to door selling their religion. They are the ones that stand on street corners preaching their gospel to those walking by, they are the ones going to other countries passing out bibles and building churches when no one asked them too.

Yes you can find some atheists that speak out but you can also find a hell of a lot more on the religious side that speak out far more.

Gut8wTl.jpg

I would rather have some loony bin bible thumper out on the street corner going on and on about god than a crack head trying to sell me drugs.

And don't read into it that much Mudslag. I know how you like to pick out a certain part of my comments and make a big deal out of it.... Not all atheists are crack heads. My point is if religion keeps loonies away from drugs then people should be able to deal with a loony talking about jesus. A regular atheist probably wouldn't be on the street corner at all, or if they were maybe they would be talking about education and whatever else, or could by a loony talking about how jesus isn't real which would still be the equivalent of a lonny bin bible thumper on the corner. All are annoying.

I would rather have some loony bin bible thumper out on the street corner going on and on about god than a crack head trying to sell me drugs.

And don't read into it that much Mudslag. I know how you like to pick out a certain part of my comments and make a big deal out of it.... Not all atheists are crack heads. My point is if religion keeps loonies away from drugs then people should be able to deal with a loony talking about jesus. A regular atheist probably wouldn't be on the street corner at all, or if they were maybe they would be talking about education and whatever else, or could by a loony talking about how jesus isn't real which would still be the equivalent of a lonny bin bible thumper on the corner. All are annoying.

Except religion doesn't keep people away from drugs. Heck, in a many number of cases it can't even keep it's priesthood away from homosexuality, and I dunno about you guys - but from what I've seen, homosexuality is generally viewed to be the bigger "sin" (If drugs are even a sin in the first place) as far as certain religions go.

So your point kinda falls short there.

If you don't want someone to read into what you say, why say it at all then? Im trying to understand how you equate anything I said with a crack head dealer? You clear knew your own statement was a bit out there yet you left it in there and made a specific comment about it. Im also not sure where you get this notion that crack heads are atheists to begin with or that religion keeps "loonies" away from drugs is asinine to say the least. Iv known more then my fair share of god fearing druggies. So unless you can provide some statistical evidence that religious people dont do drugs, you are talking out of your ass.

If you don't want someone to read into what you say, why say it at all then? Im trying to understand how you equate anything I said with a crack head dealer? You clear knew your own statement was a bit out there yet you left it in there and made a specific comment about it. Im also not sure where you get this notion that crack heads are atheists to begin with or that religion keeps "loonies" away from drugs is asinine to say the least. Iv known more then my fair share of god fearing druggies. So unless you can provide some statistical evidence that religious people dont do drugs, you are talking out of your ass.

Of course they do drugs, they just then act like it's not their fault for their choices and actions, and instead, say that "the devil made them do it."

I actually had to go to rehab once for a job because I failed a **** test. Since the owner of the job was very religious, I decided it would be better viewed by him if I went to a religious rehab group. Worst Idea EVER! These people scared the living **** out of me. Every single story they told, would be about how they totally lost themselves to a substance, did horrible things to their family and friends, and then ended with them taking ZERO responsibility for it. They would all just say, " The devil got a hold of me and made me do some bad things. Now that I found Christ, I have been cleansed of that evil." Some of these people even had multiple relapses into the substance and horrible events, and never once did they say it was something that was their fault. Every time, it was "the devil".

After 4 sessions of that ****, I bailed. I went to a state rehab and even though we had to admit to a higher power ( stupid AA steps that you have to at least seem like you believe in ( and my higher power was the sober better me :p ), and at least the people there admitted it was their problems and their own actions that brought them to where they were.

Religious people are scary as ****, just for the fact that they will not take credit or responsibility for their bad actions, and will instead, say it wasn't them and blame some imaginary being. People with that mindset can do great evil.

Of course they do drugs, they just then act like it's not their fault for their choices and actions, and instead, say that "the devil made them do it."

I actually had to go to rehab once for a job because I failed a **** test. Since the owner of the job was very religious, I decided it would be better viewed by him if I went to a religious rehab group. Worst Idea EVER! These people scared the living **** out of me. Every single story they told, would be about how they totally lost themselves to a substance, did horrible things to their family and friends, and then ended with them taking ZERO responsibility for it. They would all just say, " The devil got a hold of me and made me do some bad things. Now that I found Christ, I have been cleansed of that evil." Some of these people even had multiple relapses into the substance and horrible events, and never once did they say it was something that was their fault. Every time, it was "the devil".

After 4 sessions of that ****, I bailed. I went to a state rehab and even though we had to admit to a higher power ( stupid AA steps that you have to at least seem like you believe in ( and my higher power was the sober better me :p ), and at least the people there admitted it was their problems and their own actions that brought them to where they were.

Religious people are scary as ****, just for the fact that they will not take credit or responsibility for their bad actions, and will instead, say it wasn't them and blame some imaginary being. People with that mindset can do great evil.

I help a lot of people out in my day to day life. I get asked all the time to come to group with the people i help. Some are for drugs, some are for alcohol In each case, the religious ones NEVER take responsibility for their actions I see exactly what you described every couple weeks when I go to offer support . Common excuses are "the devil made me do it" or "I didn't have god in my life to give me strengh"... give me a break.

Moral of the story: "Religion, it's your way out of responsibility!"

• Like 3

I help a lot of people out in my day to day life. I get asked all the time to come to group with the people i help. Some are for drugs, some are for alcohol In each case, the religious ones NEVER take responsibility for their actions I see exactly what you described every couple weeks when I go to offer support . Common excuses are "the devil made me do it" or "I didn't have god in my life to give me strengh"... give me a break.

Moral of the story: "Religion, it's your way out of responsibility!"

I made it clear to the group I left the reasons why I chose to do so. They then wanted to try and convince me of the power of god, and I left saying, " His power isn't so great if so many people fall under the influence of the devil so easily."

Or I just don't attach any symbols to a piece of cloth with some funky design.

I wouldn't mind stomping on an American flag, neither would I have an issue putting my foot on a Belgium flag.

Does this now mean I hate my own country? Or that I am smarter then that and I just don't care about standing on a piece of fabric?

Just differences in cultures maybe?

Except religion doesn't keep people away from drugs. Heck, in a many number of cases it can't even keep it's priesthood away from homosexuality, and I dunno about you guys - but from what I've seen, homosexuality is generally viewed to be the bigger "sin" (If drugs are even a sin in the first place) as far as certain religions go.

So your point kinda falls short there.

In your opinion you think it falls short. It obviously isn't going to work for everybody. My point was that if it saves a few, it's worth it.

I've heard many stories about how religion saved people from drugs (normally it's after they've already been into drugs, and it helped find there way out of it).