Fast & Furious 7 (April 2015)

Haha!! I still need to watch Ong Bak 3!!

I think the first one was great but since then they have gone downhill in terms of the story line. Action is still great.

P.S. : Sorry for stealing the focus and making the out of topic discussion.

First scene from Fast and Furious 7 unveiled on Fast 6 Blu-Ray:

"The scene in question is the gang at Han's funeral. So, if you were hoping that his death at the end of Fast & Furious 6 was a misdirect, it looks like you're out of luck. He's dead for real, and it's hit the gang hard. There aren't any tears shed (they're all too manly for that), but Vin Diesel does croak out "You were always my brother, Han. He put you in this grave, so now I'll do the same to him.

The bombshell comes when Ludacris says, "First Han, now Hobbs is laid up, of all people." So at some point between FF6 and FF7, something serious happened to Hobbs to put him in the hospital. Considering new director James Wan has been tweeting about filming with the Rock, and the latter has been showing pictures from the set, it's not like the accident will be offscreen. We're betting that whatever happens to put Hobbs out of commission happens very early on during FF7, probably during the film's opening action scene.

It should be just plain cancelled. You can't write him out with an off-screen death.

You don't have to kill his character, you just leave him out of it.  Dude has a wife and a kid at the end of 6, you could just say he's got more important things to take care of than going out for "revenge" for Han. 

You don't have to kill his character, you just leave him out of it.  Dude has a wife and a kid at the end of 6, you could just say he's got more important things to take care of than going out for "revenge" for Han. 

Problem is they've already filmed scenes with him in it. If they go back and reshoot everything, then thats the best choice. 

Problem is they've already filmed scenes with him in it. If they go back and reshoot everything, then thats the best choice. 

I assume this will likely be how it is done.  I don't see them scrapping the movie (too many $ spent, and for what it is.. it's a good franchise).   

I think it's early enough in filming to do just that.  They only just started not too long ago right?

I saw that yesterday....it's always unfortunate to hear that....I wonder if that's how FNF is going to end or what are they going to do now?

Universal and the team behind Fast & Furious 7 are facing a delay in production following the tragic death of actor Paul Walker, but sources say the movie will not be abandoned entirely

Director James Wan and Universal executives held a conference call Sunday morning to discuss the state of the film, whether rewrites would be necessary and how to proceed in a manner that would be respectful to Walker's death. Walker, 40, was a favorite on the set of the Fast movies, and his death has left his fellow stars, including Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson, and the crew devastated.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/paul-walkers-death-fast-furious-660825

I'm not surprised, they didn't get far into it when this happened iirc.  They'll delay as they reshoot scenes and change up the script as needed.

I know many will say well they should respect the actor and believe me they should but so many different idea's are being thrown around but i hope one idea they Shaw doesn't kill Brian (Paul Walker) at the start, so to speak, that to me would be abit of a idiot thing to do. I hope they either just have him out from the film because everyone is going to know why he wont be in this film.

They should just cancel it and end the series. Edit out the post-credits scene from F&F 6 and you have a good ending to the series.

There's too much money to be made still for them to stop at this point.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/05/showbiz/fast--furious-shut-down/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Paul Walker's death sent "Fast & Furious" producers to the editing room to find a way to salvage what they've shot for the franchise's seventh installment, a source close to the production told CNN.

Walker's ex-cop character, Brian O'Conner, has been central to five of the first six "Fast & Furious" stories and was returning to the next release set to hit theaters July 11, 2014.

Many millions of dollars are at stake, considering the franchise has sold $2.6 billion in tickets around the world since 2001. But the filmmakers have to be careful in deciding how they bring Walker's character to an end in the series, unless they replace him with another actor.

Walker, 40, and the rest of the cast were on a short break for Thanksgiving when he stepped into a red 2005 Porsche Carerra GT for a short ride around a Santa Clarita, California, business park Saturday afternoon. Investigators believe the car, driven by Walker's friend Roger Rodas, was speeding when it clipped a light pole and was engulfed in flames, killing both men.

Man arrested for stealing part of Paul Walker Porsche wreckage

Universal Pictures confirmed Tuesday that they've put production on hold "for a period of time so we can assess all options available to move forward with the franchise." A well-placed source shared details with CNN about what's gone on behind the scenes.

Walker had been set to fly back to Atlanta by Monday for the resumption of filming. Filming, which began in the Georgia capital three months ago, was already behind schedule and only about 50% completed, according to the source.

His death left the producers, cast and crew in confusion, the source said.

Editors began reviewing frame by frame what had already been shot with Walker, including outtakes, for footage that might be incorporated into a rewritten script, the source said. They were looking for ways to piece together new scenes with Walker, perhaps using computer-generated imagery, or CGI.

The script writers have been considering how to rewrite the story to end Walker's character.  If O'Conner is killed off while street racing -- a key element in each film -- Walker's fans could be offended.

Stars who died during production

Without a creative answer, producers could be forced to start over without Walker's character, possibly delaying the film that Universal counted on to be a tent pole for its summer releases.

Universal Pictures executives flew from Hollywood to Atlanta where they met Wednesday night with the producers and crew to discuss the possibilities.

Executives with the insurance company that bonded the production are also involved in the decisions, the source said.

Until decisions are made, the production crew is out of work with no idea how long the shutdown will last. They will be paid until Friday, when they are suppose to leave Atlanta, the source said.

The plan to send the cast and crew to Abu Dhabi for filming is also on hold, the source said.