assassins creed black flag

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,709 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:50

So they'll keep making AC games every year and every year keep the same ****ty control schemes? No game, I really meant to jump in the complete opposite direction I'm facing, that's totally what I intended.

I'll look the story up on wiki to see how it turns out when the games are done, thanks.

#17 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,226 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:46

Of course it'll keep going. Today's gaming industry is all about milking the same IP's all the time and ignoring any potential new ones.

There's a lot of that in the big publishers, but there's also plenty new to go around (Defiance, Watch Dogs, Remember Me, Dishonored...I could go on but yeah)

#18 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,722 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:15

I don't mind annualised games. So long as there is enough new content to warrant it being a full priced release. Thankfully Assassins Creed has done it year after year. AC3 was rubbish but it still had enough new content. It was the story and mission design that ruined it.

Hopefully AC4 will improve on it, it looks like it will improve story wise as the Kenway's were the best thing from AC3 and the pirate setting sounds good. The only thing i'm wary about is the new modern day character, Joe Bloggs.

#19 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:21

STOP

They already ruined Desmonds story arc with AC3, the ending was ATROCIOUS, we are talking pre-Leviathan and Extended Cut ME3 levels of awful. AC2 Brotherhood was easily the best game of the series so far.

#20 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,920 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:40

I just hope they don't become derivative and boring like the CoD series is starting to turn out. Superfast turnaround isn't as important as quality IMO

#21 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 18,618 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:49

Since the story isn't over and AC3 wasn't the final game it's ending is fine. You get all the back story you needed and it's a perfect setup for the next one. I'd compare it to the ending of the first season of a TV show with season two coming in the fall.

I might not rush out to buy 4 like I did with the others but I still will. I'm tired of MP focused games that give SP the finger, AC3 gave me over 45 hours of SP game play and I think that's money well spent.

#22 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:06

AC3 was the final game in Desmonds story arc though.