(Hope It's Not a 4.1 Treat) Windows 8.1 Build 9375

I thought Paul only had the leak everyone else has

Well, it could be just a mock up. He may have heard from his sources that Microsoft are planning a Windows 8.1 Preview at Build 2013, so he quickly made that screenshot. I doubt Microsoft have named their preview already, usually they set aside a build to name it a preview, just like the Developer Preview.

With it scheduled to RTM in August, no preview until June just seems too late to me. I suspect we should see something before that.

I don't think so, the Windows 8 Release Preview was launched on 31 May, and Windows 8 was on RTM in August too.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20130408PD207.html

Microsoft reportedly developing Windows Blue for PC, mobile OS integration

Aaron Lee, Taipei; Joseph Tsai, DIGITIMES [Monday 8 April 2013]

Microsoft is reportedly developing Windows Blue as an independent project that will help merge Windows (PC) with Windows Phone. Rumors have also spread that Microsoft is developing another operating system, which will serve as the next-generation Windows and will be released in October.

The rumors have not been confirmed by Microsoft.

The Windows Blue project is being developed by a team separate from the Windows and Windows Phone departments and its purpose is to merge the two operating systems to compete against Google's Android and Chrome, according to the rumors.

Industry observers said Microsoft is greatly concerned about PC brand vendors' cooperation with Google over Android-based notebooks. Most of the brand vendors that have participated in Android-based notebook development have listed their projects as confidential to avoid pressure from Microsoft, the observers added.

However, merging the PC and mobile operating systems will pose great difficulties for both Microsoft and Google as it takes time to integrate many related technologies, the observers said. Coordination between individual development teams and departments may also be an isuse.

LOL/ :laugh:

http://www.newyorker...-windows-8.html

April 11, 2013

North Korean Missile Test Delayed by Windows 8

Posted by Andy Borowitz

boro-kim-windows.jpg

PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report)?North Korea?s official news agency announced today that the military?s planned missile test had been put on hold because of ?problems with Windows 8.?

Intelligence analysts said that the announcement gave rare insight into the inner workings of North Korea?s missile program, which until last year had been running on Windows 95.

The announcement from the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) did not indicate a new scheduled time for a missile test, saying only that it was ?working with Windows 8 support to resolve the issue.?

In the words of one intelligence analyst, ?That means the test has been delayed indefinitely.?

A source close to the North Korean regime reported that Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un is furious about the Windows 8 problems and is considering a number of options, including declaring war on Microsoft.

LOL^2: MS reponed to the NewYorker's "news" in Weibo(Chinese Micro-blog): :laugh:

http://e.weibo.com/msftwindows?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fweibo.com%2Fu%2F2624052261

screen1296.jpg

google translate

?URGENT! !?Comrade Kim Jong-un just call, the euphemistic expression you want to learn Win8, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Microsoft's new colleague has the microblogging address to tell him, is expected within a day or two, the DPRK will be re-deployed missile launchers, the national Department of Defense emergency alert

A Russian forum posted a way to make the build 9200 WinStore to work in WinBlue 9364, but I think it also involves warez, so better not to post the details in Neowin:

screen1297.jpg

I'm waiting for more info on new things, so far nothing past 9375 has come up yet I bet they're up to the 938x builds by now.

More shots of 9374 here

Translated:

The network has 4 more screenshots of Build 9374. Virtually nothing new, we do not see, but the image on the desktop suggests otherwise. The symbol of the beta, as well as other builds of Windows 7 has been the so-called beta fish - fish. A symbol of the alpha and beta builds of Windows 8 that are squares, in which the strange set of numbers and letters.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmicrosoftportal.net%2Fwindows-blue%2F2036-esche-neskolko-skrinshotov-windows-blue-build-9374.html

I'm waiting for more info on new things, so far nothing past 9375 has come up yet I bet they're up to the 938x builds by now.

Rumor was there is a build 9380 on Apr 9, but no confirm nor screen-shots yet. :)

What do we think RTM will be, 9600? Is there even enough days left before its estimated release date for another couple hundred builds ?

What do we think RTM will be, 9600? Is there even enough days left before its estimated release date for another couple hundred builds ?

I bet M2 will be 9400 at least. If M2 is also what they plan for a public preview then it shouldn't change much. They could just bump it up to 9600 and skip the 95xx numbers completely.

In winblue 9364, when install an app thru winstore, now it shows a progress bar under the app tile:

screen1299.jpg

But does it do anything? It's pretty interesting if that's part of something new they have planned though.

But does it do anything? It's pretty interesting if that's part of something new they have planned though.

It would be neat if having a progress bar in the tile were a general capability exposed to all apps that use background transfers and such, like the progress bars in the desktop taskbar. Actually if you think about it, the Start screen is basically the same thing the Windows 7 taskbar was - a way to unify launching, switching and notifications - just bigger and so with more room for more and bigger tiles/icons. Given that it's kind of disappointing to me that while it's more capable in some ways (more items, more information in a notification, grouping) the start screen is actually missing some of the useful functionality of the taskbar - quick action button overlays (i.e. pause/play for a music app, for example), and instance management (i.e. Aero Peek) (which is an understandable omission in 8.0 since Windows Store apps are only single-instance, but given the rumors that 8.1 is adding multi-instancing options in M2 it might make sense to allow managing them from Start).

It would be neat if having a progress bar in the tile were a general capability exposed to all apps that use background transfers and such, like the progress bars in the desktop taskbar. Actually if you think about it, the Start screen is basically the same thing the Windows 7 taskbar was - a way to unify launching, switching and notifications - just bigger and so with more room for more and bigger tiles/icons. Given that it's kind of disappointing to me that while it's more capable in some ways (more items, more information in a notification, grouping) the start screen is actually missing some of the useful functionality of the taskbar - quick action button overlays (i.e. pause/play for a music app, for example), and instance management (i.e. Aero Peek) (which is an understandable omission in 8.0 since Windows Store apps are only single-instance, but given the rumors that 8.1 is adding multi-instancing options in M2 it might make sense to allow managing them from Start).

I think quick action buttons on the tiles could be why we see that even bigger live tile size show up. It would make sense that switching it to this << racial epithet >> size makes it more like a widget since now you have enough room for controls etc.

It shows the progress, that's all.... instead of just showing "Installing" as in build 9200. :)

btw, the MicrosoftPortal blog about "start screen" was removed, guess they realized it's just a over-excitment afterall.

Nothing new to report though? I'm waiting for some more changes and features.