(Hope It's Not a 4.1 Treat) Windows 8.1 Build 9375

This has nothing to do with anything, but I'm glad Microsoft is back to simple version numbering scheme for Windows. Never cared much for "cute" names like XP or Vista, I much prefer just having 8, 8.1, etc.

Anyway, these leaks are interesting! I always enjoy seeing OS builds that aren't for the general public, gives you a great glimpse at some of the things Microsoft is planning.

I still would love to see the return of either: more Desktop customization or the Windows Classic theme in 8.1, though. Always been a big fan of the Win9x look, because at least it let you modify fonts, colors, border size, etc.

*Anxiously waiting for ISO* I shall talk to my Russian friends, they may be able to get me in the loop... :D

Hmm looks like the guy on their forums is talking a load of crap, those build screenshots look fabricated but the same has happened before and turned out to be true so lets wait and see!

Windows 8.1 Build 9404; if this pic is legit, then the June Release will be named "Consumer Preview".

:)

http://bbs.pcbeta.com/viewthread-1320285-1-1.html

screen1313.jpg

That looks fake. The preview build probably won't be FBL_PARTNER_OUTXX, and the numbers are not re-used. 9364 was 13, 69 was 14 etc.... So that picture is likely bull just like the 9385 joker.

That looks fake. The preview build probably won't be FBL_PARTNER_OUTXX, and the numbers are not re-used. 9364 was 13, 69 was 14 etc.... So that picture is likely bull just like the 9385 joker.

That's what I thought too. :)

Too soon to be looking at any preview builds. I expect MS to dog food that build for a bit before they release it to the public and there have been no reports of this going on yet.

Too soon to be looking at any preview builds. I expect MS to dog food that build for a bit before they release it to the public and there have been no reports of this going on yet.

The Preview Build (whatever it ends up being), should be done fairly soon, within the next few weeks, that way it can be shipped off to Q&A before June's release.

Noticed that as well!! Just formatted it to ReFS and its working fine!! :D

Have you noticed any difference between ReFS and ntfs yet?

Have you noticed any difference between ReFS and ntfs yet?

Haha well I have been using ReFS on a few select Server 2012 instances so its not really anything new to me but its great to see support in Windows 8, even for just formatting removable media!

Haha well I have been using ReFS on a few select Server 2012 instances so its not really anything new to me but its great to see support in Windows 8, even for just formatting removable media!

I wonder if they'll allow it to be the FS on the OS volume at some point but right now I don't know of the benefits it has over NTFS.

I see Computer Management is still using ancient icons and design.

So I guess my hope that 8.1 would get rid of some of the legacy icons and design is not going to happen.

What are the Skydrive device backup options??? Carbonite competitor??? That would be awesome!

Dunno but since they have paid plans for up to 100GB right now they might offer a new plan for Win8 users like carbonite does, I forget the price for carbonite per month but it'd be a good option.

Dunno but since they have paid plans for up to 100GB right now they might offer a new plan for Win8 users like carbonite does, I forget the price for carbonite per month but it'd be a good option.

Well pictures don't count towards your quota either. In any case, I'd pay for this. I hope that's exactly what it is!