Which UK ISP blocks websites with a message like this?

Just moved into a rented property and we can't access the room with the router etc.

How can we determine what ISP we're on?

The attached image may help filter the options.

post-645-0-48954300-1364816310.png

what if you used whats my ip, and go from there.

Good idea :)

Found my IP and WHOIS'd it - it is TalkTalk.

That order has gone out to all the major ISPs btw. We've covered it here on Neowin: http://www.neowin.ne...llegal-websites

I know, I just used the image as I know each ISP has it's own page/image for blocked websites and I thought it would be a good way to filter who the ISP is :)

Shame it's TalkTalk... :rofl:

I know, I just used the image as I know each ISP has it's own page/image for blocked websites and I thought it would be a good way to filter who the ISP is :)

here's a little tip (don't tell anyone, shhhhh :p ) ... download Opera web browser and turn on turbo.. you'll be able to access it then :)

You can also run a tracert from command to any site, example: tracert google.com

The first few IPs (After the router) are the ISPs servers which you can IP Trace too

"The first few IPs (After the router) are the ISPs servers which you can IP Trace too"

While I agree this is true - why would you not just look at the routers public IP ;) and then look that up to know what ISP your on?

And how would you not know what service you are paying for to access the internet....

If I go to ipchicken.com it tells me what service I have, or at least what service owns my ip....

And how would you not know what service you are paying for to access the internet....

<snip>

It's a rented room in a House of Multiple Occupancy and as part of our rent, Wi-Fi is included.

To them (the letting agents), tenants usually don't care who the ISP is.

... but I do :p

^ this is also true ;) But I would also admit that some friends and family if working at their location might not be able to tell you who provides them internet.. Or maybe if at a inet cafe or hotspot, hotel, etc.

what is shameful about blocking piratebay?

"The first few IPs (After the router) are the ISPs servers which you can IP Trace too"

While I agree this is true - why would you not just look at the routers public IP ;) and then look that up to know what ISP your on?

When do tech-heads ever do anything the easy way lol

----

Another way: Don't pay the bill, the red letter that arrives should tell you who the ISP is :p

what is shameful about blocking piratebay?

No, I mean it's a shame our ISP is TalkTalk - I generally hear negative things about their service.

The The Pirate Bay (English fail?) issue isn't a problem, it's easy to circumvent :)

When do tech-heads ever do anything the easy way lol

----

Another way: Don't pay the bill, the red letter that arrives should tell you who the ISP is :p

Letting agent receives and pays the bills as part of our rent :)

Letting agent receives and pays the bills as part of our rent :)

Nice! Wish my landlord did that, he just seems to put rent up lol

Nice! Wish my landlord did that, he just seems to put rent up lol

Our rent is very high to begin with :o

Our rent is very high to begin with :o

We thought we were lucky to get this place, my gf's family friends bought the house especially for us to rent from them, on the promise of not requiring a bond or months rent in advance, and that the rent would be set and kept there, within 12 months we had a ?40 p/m increase on the rent and after 4 years of living here paying everything on time, we struggled one month and were about 1-2 weeks late with the rent, within those couple of weeks the landlord was already starting to talk about us having to move out if we didn't pay...

Becoming a landlord turns the nicest of people into d*cks lol

Money will turn friends into enemies. Nice people to mean people.

If you don't have the money to loose, don't ever loan it to family or friends. If you do loan to family or friends, consider it a write off. If you like your family or friends, do not ever take a loan from them...at some point there will be a time where you can't pay it back for one reason or another and you will become the ******* who never pays up and they will be the ******* who is always harping on you to pay your bills and has the power to hurt you. Its two sides of a loosing coin.