Reccomendations for a PC gaming newbie

What's the point in asking for advice if you're going to ignore it? :/

What's the point in asking for advice if you're going to ignore it? :/

Because He NEVER asked anyone to recommend what to buy..

I would upgrade the graphics to GTX Titan and play some StarCraft 2 with me.

He can play SCII right now silly :p

All them Koreans play SCII on low anyways :p

Ys Series comes to mind... and those are damn good, look for falcom on steam, I assure you, you will not regret it :D

With such hardware, your best bet is older games that were 10/10 at the time.

Graphics might look dated, but if you are willing to forget that, this games are tried and tested!

I am going to recommend some really older games, not because your hardware limitations, but because the games were so good they are worth playing!

Beyond good and evil!

Beyond good and evil:

thats a great game. i tried it out when it first came out, and i was unsure at first, but after an hour playing, i was hooked.

cannot promote this game enough.

Mafia:

Might be even better then GTA. The sequel was not great, but first one was a killer. The story, the missions, the racing!

Hitman: Blood Money:

This game is a lot of fun.

No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in H.A.R.M.'s Way

Unbelivable, how many people missed this game. It was amazing. The gameplay was great, and the humor was austin powers.

The first game The Operative: No One Lives Forever was amazing too.

Far Cry:

The original Far Cry was great.

I didn't know that, but I might consider a Marathon length game with that tip in mind. (Y) I've always turned off movement and combat animations but this should be even better. I'm guessing it's possible to use the conventional view during your turn, then switch to Strategic before you end your turn and let the AI take theirs? That's actually a great tip though. I'll make sure to keep it in mind when I'm playing.

I actually prefer to play entirely in strategic view even on my gaming PC. I find it much easier to recognize what is what. Then again, I don't play much Civ5. :p

Counter Strike Source (For the Multiplayer)

Left 4 Dead 2 (For the Multiplayer)

Sin and Wages of Sin Expansion Pack (Because no one has heard of this game)

Unreal Tournament 2004 (Great Game)

Deus Ex (Old, but good)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (If you can run it, runs maxed on NV 660)

No One Lives Forever (Because epic game is epic)

No One Lives Forever 2 (Because epic game is epic)

Half Life 2 (Great the FIRST time)

Black Mesa Source (fan HL1 remake)

Painkiller (If you like insanity)

Download the Steam app and Origin app. They offer older games for dirt cheap often and youll need them eventually to run some games. Can't go wrong with Bioshock voted 2nd best game of ALL TIME! I also really enjoyed Mass Effect 2 and the whole series. Witcher 2 is epic but kinda nasty on computers. So is Battlefield 3. Dragon Age is cool and kinda old if you like those types of games.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys :) I'm sticking with free-to-play games for the time being, as the economy is a bit week, as I've just started my own company. I'm currently trying to get Blacklight Retribution to work through Steam, but it doesn't seem to want to connect to the servers for some reason :s