My friend's Amazon UK order got shipped on Saturday first class. I get the feeling he'll be receiving his copy on Monday...

Yeah mine was shipped Saturday Morn first class. With any normal order i'd be very surprised if it didn't get here Monday. Sods law it wont though :p

Yeah mine was shipped Saturday Morn first class. With any normal order i'd be very surprised if it didn't get here Monday. Sods law it wont though :p

Highly doubt it. But you might since you're in the UK. But I know here that they'll ship it and then UPS or FEDEX will hold it until release date. Ive had that happen with other things that aren't street date sensitive. My packages would be in my town but wont be out for delivery until the specific date I was suppose to get the package.

But anyway tuesday is just around the corner you can handle the wait.

Highly doubt it. But you might since you're in the UK. But I know here that they'll ship it and then UPS or FEDEX will hold it until release date. Ive had that happen with other things that aren't street date sensitive. My packages would be in my town but wont be out for delivery until the specific date I was suppose to get the package.

But anyway tuesday is just around the corner you can handle the wait.

Different here. I've had most release date things the day before. I don't think the Post Office hold items until release date, i don;t think they even give a sh** to be honest.

But yeah, i can wait till Tuesday easily, Monday would be nice though as i've no other plans and apparently the weathers going to be atrocious :p

Different here. I've had most release date things the day before. I don't think the Post Office hold items until release date, i don;t think they even give a sh** to be honest.

But yeah, i can wait till Tuesday easily, Monday would be nice though as i've no other plans and apparently the weathers going to be atrocious :p

The post office here doesn't give a crap either. That's just mine though cause they routinely lose my packages. But UPS and FEDEX are anal about delivery dates here.
  • Like 1

I'm really excited for this, I haven't been this excited for a game since red dead redemption and it didn't really live up to what my expectations were. It was a really good game but I think I got over hyped for it.

I'm really excited for this, I haven't been this excited for a game since red dead redemption and it didn't really live up to what my expectations were. It was a really good game but I think I got over hyped for it.

I'm over-hyped for it too. To the point that I'm considering to buy XBOX360 just for it.

But PC gaming has spoiled me. Watching the videos on youtube and the streams (good source: http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/1me5av/live_stream_thread_updated_regularly/ ) of the game, all I can see is the lack of anti-aliasing, ###### textures, bad view distances (to the point that I saw a fence pop out in front of the character in one of the streams) and bad loading times.

I doubt I'll hold on, but I'd really rather to play the game on the PC; with the same story and side missions, but with better graphics and mods.

My friend's Amazon UK order got shipped on Saturday first class. I get the feeling he'll be receiving his copy on Monday...

Mine was shipped on saturday too. I don't think Royal Mail collect/process on a Saturday so we won't get it till Tuesday.

Mine was shipped on saturday too. I don't think Royal Mail collect/process on a Saturday so we won't get it till Tuesday.

I used to work at the Royal Mail, admittedly a few years back now (early 2000's) and the only time we didn't process and dispatch was Saturday morning. Sundays was the busiest day. So there's hope yet ;)

I worked at Royal Mail too. Sundays were the most busiest and higher pay.

...and for me, a bloody pain in the arse to get there! haha.

Post man's due here in the next hour, i'll report back. Main problem is i'm out at meetings till late then looking after the baby so even if it does show early, i wont get to play till tomorrow :(

Hopefully should have my copy waiting when I get back, I have a weekend to myself so will have to make do with a few hours after work each day. 

Haven't been this excited for a game...I can't even remember last time I was this excited.

• Like 1

Is now the right time to play San Andreas while I wait?

Ordered mine from Amazon.co.uk on the 3rd, dispatched on the 13th, and I am on Amazon prime.  So hopefully I'll get it for tomorrow.

Is now the right time to play San Andreas while I wait?

I did, it was fun for a bit. Only weird thing for me was the controls.

I'm just going to wait now. I don't want a GTA overload.

Live comparison between the XBOX360's and PS3's version happening now at: http://sc2tv.ru/content/console-games

PS3's version lost. Lower display resolution, lower texture resolutions, textures pop ups, noticeable fps drops and worse view distance.

He's trying now connecting the PS3 through HDMI to the capture card, to see if there's a change from the component cable (he said there was some protection on the PS3 to stop recording through hdmi cable).

edit: not working. http://i.imgur.com/cFlo3e2.jpg

The only reason I didn't order from Amazon and went with the PSN because I know how they work around here. If it shipped by post office I would wouldn't get my package and have to fight with them over the phone about its where abouts. If it shipped by UPS or FEDEX it would arrive on release date but by the end of the day. That's how they do with residential packages. Businesses get early delivery residents get late delivery so yeah id get it on release day but not till 6 or 7pm. So I went with PSN and so i'll download it at 12:01.

Its been offically released here in Oz for 6 minutes. 
.... and if you dont have a preorder, good luck getting it a copy anytime this week in Sydney especially. 

PS3's version lost. Lower display resolution, lower texture resolutions, textures pop ups, noticeable fps drops and worse view distance.

He's trying now connecting the PS3 through HDMI to the capture card, to see if there's a change from the component cable (he said there was some protection on the PS3 to stop recording through hdmi cable).

edit: not working. http://i.imgur.com/cFlo3e2.jpg

I know it's selfish but i'm kind of relieved to hear that. I was wondering if i should get the PS3 version or the 360 version and then decided to get the 360 version because i've been having to use the component cables on the PS3 since lightning manage to break the HDMI port (my cable box and AV receiver also had their HDMI inputs broken).