I've already done all heists as host :shiftyninja:

Always end up on dividing money by 40 20 20 20. I try to invite friends instead of random people if possible, even rank 100+ randoms have messed up my heists...

And I try to avoid money drops and hackers etc. Once had a hacker which kept stalking me so I loaded up CE and manually kicked him from the session, was the only time I ever used CE on this game :p

There is really no need to hack on this game, money is too easily earned anyway.

I'm currently rank 79, almost finally able to buy Combat MG :D

You go boy! Now the combat MG isn't bad but the recoil now sucks. They changed something I do know that, just wait til you get to 90 for the Heavy Sniper you'll love it. Much better than the marksman. I hit Rank 500 the other day. Anyways the modders pretty much infected PS3 360 and PC. I'm glad I'm on PS4 and don't have to worry about it. I wish there were more good modders, that would spawn ramps and such so people could have fun like they did in GTA IV multi.

Now it's nothing but Griefers, trolls, squeakers in their hideous hot wheels cars with dollar rims and chradders(chrome adders), Amored Kuruma and Insurgents(using a tank helps take that out in 3 shots) do you like the new CAC? Much better than PS3 and 360 vers.

Here is my main character after nose job, parent change, jaw restructuring.

J8uWtLf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, yes, I hadn't made it super clear that I already had GTAV on PC as well as 360, but c'mon TCA - I'd complainted about how awful MP was on a console and how it sounded to be just as bad on PC at the moment, why would you then recommend a console? They have no chance of getting fixed MP :p

Got a PC, why would I want to downgrade?

Lol enjoy modders ability to ban players. PC for online is worse than last gen. While those of us on current gen don't have those problems.

Yeah should've mentioned that, yeah it's not that great with the save data errors etc but I'd rather deal with that than modders again.

Multiplayer on last gen console was awful and as it looks to be the same on PC it means that it's also awful on current-gen consoles. Hence my initial comment of "I'll wait for multiplayer that isn't reliant on R*". Because R* show no capability of running anything with multiplayer. lrn2readingcomprehension.

• 2 months later...

Ever since stuttering was resolved I've been playing more GTAV. I have to say I'm loving it, hands down the best GTA game for me. I was able to get into GTAV whereas I had difficulty with previous GTA games holding my interest so all I did was run/drive around and cause mayhem. I've progressed significantly through the story in GTAV. Loved Michael's drug trip in the Yoga mission and Trevor sheesh don't get me started on him. This port is very well optimized and now runs smoothly on mostly high settings @ 1080p capped at 30fps. I'm currently stuck with only one GTX 460, other that I ran in sli went kaput recently. Can't wait until I get my GTX 970 and crank up settings a bit more. Game looks great as it is, as good or better than previous GTA titles with my current settings.

• 4 months later...

Sooo I just installed a fresh Windows 10 and downloaded Grand Theft Auto 5 (among other things of course) but have no audio? There's a few clips of audio that play during the loading screens but there's no audio at all in-game. What gives? Anyone know? A lot of what I've searched is about illegal downloads not having audio but I downloaded it right from Rockstar...

• 3 months later...
24 minutes ago, soniqstylz said:

So, 65 million copies shipped later......

Only behind Tetris, Wii Sports and Minecraft as the biggest selling games in history. Crazy numbers! I wonder if it can overtake Wii Sports? (82 million).

I've yet to double dip on the new-gen release; will probably buy it for PC on a 75% off sale too.

On 5/19/2016 at 10:10 AM, Andrew said:

Only behind Tetris, Wii Sports and Minecraft as the biggest selling games in history. Crazy numbers! I wonder if it can overtake Wii Sports? (82 million).

I've yet to double dip on the new-gen release; will probably buy it for PC on a 75% off sale too.

The game is worth it at even at full price. Especially on pc.

The only complaint I have is not enough heists for single player. Kind of disappointing they didn't want to do more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trag3dy said:

The only complaint I have is not enough heists for single player. Kind of disappointing they didn't want to do more.

Agreed completely. I love the game but don't really care for multiplayer so I desperately want more single player content!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, trag3dy said:

15 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Agreed completely. I love the game but don't really care for multiplayer so I desperately want more single player content!

I'm only interested in SP too. Completed the game during the original launch week, so in no rush to double dip yet.

21 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I'm only interested in SP too. Completed the game during the original launch week, so in no rush to double dip yet.

Agreed. I've played a bit of MP but i'm an SP player at heart and would love to see some SP DLC turn up.

There's not much to do at Single Player after finishing the game. When I play with friends we usually steal a plane and try to land it at crazy locations. But it's still my favourite game, and I think many people would agree.

I found mp a lot more tolerable when doing heists with friends. Randoms it usually all goes to ****all i do these days is take my yacht out and admire the sunsets to chill out to lol throwing a 970gtx at gtav is jawdropping :woot:

• 1 month later...

Might polish off the disc and start playing this game again. Never got that far in it, and really haven't done the online part yet. From what I remember, the online part consisted of me logging in, and getting killed often by other plays with no organization, just ganging up on individuals with sniper rifles or running them over.

57 minutes ago, BoDEAN said:

From what I remember, the online part consisted of me logging in, and getting killed often by other plays with no organization, just ganging up on individuals with sniper rifles or running them over.

Only in the public lobbies do you get targeted by griefers, trolls and have to put up with underage players often referred to as squeakers. If you're only a low rank, with not much in-game cash, you'll need to get yourself into Invite Only sessions or Solo session, and start grinding some of the easier missions and races.

Ones to try that I recommend ... and this is a long-ish explanation, but stick with it ... try not to TL:DR!

Crystal Clear Out II - a fairly easy mission where you can earn up to $18,960 in-game money plus extra cash dropped by dead enemies. All you have to do is take down two combined groups of rednecks and Vagos gang members at meth cook sites near the Sandy Shores airfield. As with all contact missions, the longer you take, the more money you make. It's not in the list of missions accessible from the pause menu for some odd reason. You have to be at the mission start marker from 15:00hrs in-game time

It's also worth trying Crystal Clear Out III - a slightly harder mission but the aim is similar. Three groups of Vagos gang members at meth cook sites in the Grand Senora Desert, take them down to earn upto (IIRC) around $22,000 in-game money plus extra cash dropped by dead enemies.

Rooftop Rumble - a popular grinding mission that strangely does not actually take place on a rooftop. Head to the specific parking garage in the city and take down a couple of waves of "professionals". An RPG or Homing Launcher comes in useful if you take hard cover on the bridge nearest to the parking garage. One you've taken down enough of the enemy "professionals" two cars come from the main road and stop between the bridge and the parking garage. Simply blow these up with an RPG or a Homing Launcher before they stop. Once this is done, another car spawns nearby containing the package of documents you have to collect for Martin Madrazo. Chase down this car, kill the driver, collect the documents and deliver them to Madrazo. If the car reaches it's destination, you have to take one more group of enemies before collecting the documents. When you've got the documents in your possession, you can now deliver them to Madrazo. Take your time delivering the documents to maximise the amount of in-game cash and RP.

Once you have $1million in-game cash in your GTA Online character's bank account, you can then do the VIP missions. (You'll need to setup a VIP contract from the SecuroServ section of the Interaction Menu. All VIP contracts last 4 hours in real-time. You don't have to grind for a 4 hour non-stop session. When you log out of GTA Online and return to GTA V Story Mode, your VIP contract is paused until you return to the online game.) The VIP missions are very lucrative, and while most of them can only be played with other players or crew-members, Sightseer is easy enough to complete on your own with no enemies to kill or police to escape from, while the Hostile Takeover missions can be quite a bit trickier if you've not other players with you. Get the armoured version of the Karin Kuruma, and a decent amount of ammo for the Hostile Takeover missions. Most of the other VIP missions are greyed out unless you're with other players or crew-members.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2016 at 2:42 PM, Andrew said:

:o

While that's all good and well I still want some more GTA:V single player stuff to do. My first experiences with online play were rather unpleasant so I'm kind of turned off on it.

• Like 2

SOOOO wish I had it! I've bought and owned every single grand theft auto title since it came out. I've got the CD's to prove it, however, I can't afford 5. I want it SO BAD! (A little late to the game, I know, but MAN! What I wouldn't give!!)

22 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

SOOOO wish I had it! I've bought and owned every single grand theft auto title since it came out. I've got the CD's to prove it, however, I can't afford 5. I want it SO BAD! (A little late to the game, I know, but MAN! What I wouldn't give!!)

It'll probably be on sale in during the holiday steam sale.

3 hours ago, trag3dy said:

It'll probably be on sale in during the holiday steam sale.

Yeah, and I don't have a credit/debit card either! UGH, so frustrating! I've been tempted to pirate, but I can't risk it, where I'm staying. Not worth it. I don't know what to do :/