The Avengers 2 Set to Film in the UK in Early 2014

avengers.png

The Avengers sequel is still a few years away, but Marvel Studios is going to get started on it soon. Screen Daily is reporting that production for The Avengers 2 will set up shop in Pinewood-Shepperton at the end of this year with filming expected to begin in early 2014. This comes as no surprise, as it will be the third Marvel film in a row to use this set up for its production. Previously, Thor: The Dark World filmed in and around the area and Guardians of the Galaxy is currently in production there.

Little is known about the upcoming sequel, but writer-director Joss Whedon will be back and is currently working on the script for the film. The cast for the film is currently unconfirmed, but its very likely to again include Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson and Samuel L. Jackson.

Marvel's The Avengers 2 will hit theaters on May 1, 2015.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=102311

Good to know that they still use Pinewood. It's prob the best out of them all to be honest. Also Can't wait to see Avengers 2 ;)

I hope they dont expand the team in this film. I would like to see them continue the same line up and then move forwards from there.

I hope they dont expand the team in this film. I would like to see them continue the same line up and then move forwards from there.

I sort of hope they do. Don't have any preferences, though.

This one probably not (unless you count the Guardians of the Galaxy) Avengers 3 yes with Doctor Strange and Ant Man

That must change. Like now.

Agreed. LOL

I would expect them to expand the cast some. I would say that's probably all but guaranteed... Though I'm not sure who I would like to see. Maybe Scarlet Witch or Vision...?

• 3 weeks later...
Some online rumors turn out to be true, however. A source confirms to EW that the twin characters Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will be joining The Avengers 2, which Whedon hinted at recently when he said he was writing a brother-sister duo into the movie. Feige maintains a poker face on that scoop, saying only: ? I'm not confirming or denying. The draft could change six months from now.?

^I came here only to post that because I found out yesterday through some other article, lol. It's going to be interesting to see how they'll work it out since they're Magneto's children. They could've linked it with the new X-Men films if those were made in-house as well.

Yeah, I'm definitely intrigued... I was surprised to be honest that they didn't tease anyone new in the Iron Man 3 movie...

Yeah, I'm definitely intrigued... I was surprised to be honest that they didn't tease anyone new in the Iron Man 3 movie...

It may have been too late at that point or they didn't want to lock themselves into a new story in case Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch don't make it into the next Avengers movie. Personally, I think they're waiting on a deal to use characters from the X-Men. We'll know more once X-Men: Days of Future Past is released. If that movie is successful, then maybe we'll see some mutants in the main Marvel movie universe.

It may have been too late at that point or they didn't want to lock themselves into a new story in case Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch don't make it into the next Avengers movie. Personally, I think they're waiting on a deal to use characters from the X-Men. We'll know more once X-Men: Days of Future Past is released. If that movie is successful, then maybe we'll see some mutants in the main Marvel movie universe.

Well, Kevin Feige already said that they have the rights to use Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in their movies so long as they don't mention that they are mutants or Magneto's kin... And Fox can use then in their movies so long as they don't mention that they are or were Avengers...

So, that seems to be pretty well taken care of I think. I'm assuming that they weren't ready for that since the script for Avengers 2 was nowhere near complete (Or probably started) when they were putting Iron Man 3 together, but I figured maybe we'd see a Janet van Dyne or something. No powers, but a guest appearance... Someone that wasn't mentioned by name even... Like they did with Hawkeye in Thor.

So, that was a little disappointing. LOL But hopefully we'll get some teasers in the other movies. :)

It wont be worth watching unless Iron Man is in it.

Agreed. They're going to have to work things out with Robert Downey Jr. for sure...

Problem with that is is that the X-Men movies aren't being made in-house. So as far as I know, it would be impossible to use characters from X-Men, Spider-Man and the likes. They're licensed to other studios.