The Avengers 2 Set to Film in the UK in Early 2014

Problem with that is is that the X-Men movies aren't being made in-house. So as far as I know, it would be impossible to use characters from X-Men, Spider-Man and the likes. They're licensed to other studios.

Yeah which is why I find it hard to believe its them two and if it is, strangely they might write a whole new backstory for them

Yeah which is why I find it hard to believe its them two and if it is, strangely they might write a whole new backstory for them

Well, they can use them so long as they don't specifically mention that they are mutants... So, that's certainly possible for two supporting heroes that aren't being fleshed out in their own movies.

And as far as the X-Men and Spider-Man properties, those properties were licensed by those studios, so they will expire as well, and very well could expire between now and the Avengers 2 (or 3)... Or Disney could buy out the license like they did the distribution rights Paramount had for Iron Man 2.

But I would imagine to be honest that they will keep the X and Avengers properties separate anyway. So they could make a deal for the mutant backstory of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver or just not touch upon that at all. In fact, that didn't really come up that much in the Avengers books either that I can recall... When they were in the X-Books it was all about them being mutants, but in Avengers books it was rarely discussed...

^ Disney has a lot going on with convoluted licensing agreements to deal with regarding Marvel characters. The movie rights are pretty bad, but the theme park rights are a downright disaster. They can't use Marvel characters that Universal Studios Florida uses or any member of any related family to ones that they use. So for example, since there is a Hulk attraction - they can't use any character thats ever been in the Avengers. Craziest part? This only applies to the United States east of the Mississippi River.

The movie rights are very different from each other depending on the deal. As long as a Spider-Man movie is released every 3 years, Sony keeps the rights. Thats the simplest. The X-Men deal and its related characters is a lot more messy. Disney could use non-traditional X-Men characters and X-Men cross-over characters, but they could not mention X-Men or anything about X-Men in those movies.

Its a mess, and Disney makes money off the licensing, so its one they they don't want to clean up just yet, at least until they run through the movies they want to do with Marvel Phase 2. When they try to do these lesser known characters for Phase 3 and they don't do well, I bet Disney starts looking to buy the rights back as well as beg Robert Downey, Jr to do more Iron Man movies.

It would be wrong if they did do that. They could maybe write around the fact that Magneto is in the X-Men and make it sounds all mysterious, yet hint at the fact that their father is Magneto.

I do agree that they should keep the X-Men as a team out of the Avengers. Though drafting members from the X-Men to be part of the Avengers, much like in the comic books, would be pretty neat. But on the other hand, I think they should keep the movies at least realistic and not having them mix and match the characters from other movies into the Avengers. The current team is a great match and adding a few, like Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch would be neat. At least, they should've have too many characters in the Avengers. Imagine the screentime each character would get.. it wouldn't be nearly enough imo.

• 2 weeks later...

Whedon Confirms Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are in Avengers 2

Although Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige was hesitant to guarantee that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch appear in The Avengers 2 ? ?The draft could change six months from now,? he said ? writer/director Joss Whedon appears confident they will. (Note: Potential spoilers for Iron Man 3 follow.)

Of course, he was the one who initially teased the sequel would feature ?a brother-sister act? who were his ?favorite characters from the comic book,? thus signaling a roster change.

Speaking with IGN.com this week at ABC?s upfront presentation in New York City, Whedon confirmed that he was indeed referring to the mutant children of Magneto, and explained the he finds them intriguing.

Source: Spinoff Online

Whedon Confirms Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are in Avengers 2

Although Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige was hesitant to guarantee that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch appear in The Avengers 2 ? ?The draft could change six months from now,? he said ? writer/director Joss Whedon appears confident they will. (Note: Potential spoilers for Iron Man 3 follow.)

Of course, he was the one who initially teased the sequel would feature ?a brother-sister act? who were his ?favorite characters from the comic book,? thus signaling a roster change.

Speaking with IGN.com this week at ABC?s upfront presentation in New York City, Whedon confirmed that he was indeed referring to the mutant children of Magneto, and explained the he finds them intriguing.

Source: Spinoff Online

I am still not sure on this but I am all for new heroes!

Damn. If it's good, I hope they use the same actors in future X-Men movies.

• Like 2

Saoirse Ronan says she's aware of the rumors that she is the prototype for the sequel's interpretation of Scarlet Witch

I have heard about it and yes, I would. Yeah, of course I would. I love Joss and I love those films, and I love his handle on them and how he portrayed these kinds of superheroes. I think it?s very different from what anyone else has done. So yeah, I?d love to be in it.

In anticipation of the upcoming release of his critically-acclaimed Much Ado About Nothing film, Joss Whedon appeared on the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon show tonight. When Fallon anxiously asked the filmmaker about the highly-anticipated sequel to Marvel's The Avengers, Whedon said, "There are new characters. I already said that we?re going to have a brother/sister team, the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, who were great mainstays of The Avengers when I was reading the comics as a kid." As to why he chose the mutant super-powered siblings, also known as Wanda & Pietro Maximoff, Joss explained that, "Besides the fact that I grew up reading them, their powers are very visually interesting. One of the problems I had on the first one was everybody basically had punchy powers. [Quicksilver]?s got super speed. [scarlet] can cast spells and a little telekinesis, get inside your head. There?s good stuff that they can do that will help sort of keep it fresh." Further during the brief interview, Joss Whedon revealed that he's still penning the sequel and that the Maximoffs have yet to be cast, but "we?re doing that now."

It wont be worth watching unless Iron Man is in it.

Ohh yeah I mean I want all the originals in it and then they can add a few others but I want all the past people to return from 1 to play in 2 or else it won't really do it for me.

To be honest, I think she's a good fit to play Wanda. And I agree Whedon with on the both of them looking visually interesting when they're using their powers.

@Episode: Yes, Disney Florida cannot create rides that use Marvel characters inside the park, but Disney Elsewhere can...

Most ridiculous part? The Disneyworld Monorail. They livery it up in their big films branding. But oh wait, isn't the monorail a ride? Hence it can drop people off at Magic Kingdom as it never actually enters the park. But it cannot go to Epcot as it does go through the park.

Mental but this stands for another 30 years!

To be honest, I think she's a good fit to play Wanda. And Whedon I agree with on the both of them looking visually interesting when they're using their powers.

Yeah it's going to be good to see

• 2 weeks later...

aaasfw.png

According to both The Wrap and Deadline, Marvel Studios is courting Kick-Ass star Aaron Johnson to play Pietro Maximoff, aka Quicksilver, in the highly-anticipated sequel to The Avengers. While a final decision has yet to be made, Johnson may have some scheduling issues preventing him from accepting the part. However, the English thesp is apparently Marvel and director Joss Whedon's top choice for the Quicksilver role. Of course, it's also worth mentioning that Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Kick-Ass co-star Evan Peters was cast last month in Fox Studios' X-Men: Days of Future Past also playing Quicksilver; although his portrayal of the mutant has been limited to one action scene.

Anyhow, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, 22, will reprise his Kick-Ass role in the sequel in August, and he's currently filming for the 2014 Godzilla remake. If Johnson accepts the role of Quicksilver, Marvel is left to cast the speedster's twin sister, Wanda Maximoff a.k.a Scarlet Witch (unless Whedon goes with his reported "prototype" for the character: Saoirse Ronan), as well as Earth's mightiest heroes' new villain(s) and any other new characters that're involved. What do you think?

So far starring Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, with Jeremy Renner and Samuel L. Jackson, Marvel's The Avengers untitled sequel is written and directed by Joss Whedon, and starts shooting early next year for a May 1, 2015, release date.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=81115

Aren't they supposed to work together to defeat Thanos?

Not according to Joss Whedon, seperated entities, I would imagine Thanos will be seen in GotG but not appear

Not according to Joss Whedon, seperated entities, I would imagine Thanos will be seen in GotG but not appear

No I meant in the comics..

Well, they said that a while ago. Guardians won't be required watching, but will help to flesh out some of the story bits they said if people DID see it... Which is good, because I'm not sure what I think about seeing Rocket Raccoon on the big screen... LOL