Galaxy Nexus (VZW) Possibly Hacked?

Hey all,

I'm slightly disgruntled because my debit card was stolen, not physically.

I activated a new debit card via phone and the same day I made a purchase at the gas station.

Nothing shady about the gas station machine so I'm ruling that out.

A day later my bank calls with fraudulent activity, blah blah...long story short they shut the card down.

To activate the card via phone, you have to put in the full 16 digit card number and expiration date.

That being said, is there a way to see what info is being transmitted by each app that you have installed on the phone?

Yes the phone is rooted.

I say gas station. Most gas station skimmers are inside the machine and you couldn't tell be looking on the outside.

Are the apps on the phone installed from a legitimate source?

My vote is also gas station. I hate having my debit card being used for anything, so I typically use my credit card whenever I go out - much easier to remediate if that gets compromised.

All apps are from the play store.

This probably doesn't matter but the transactions were in another country...I suppose that's typical.

But that's why I was leaning towards it being an app. Either way I'm wiping the phone / PC / life to play it safe.

I had my credit card used on BA.com around Christmas, despite the fact it had never left the house, and *only* used on Amazon and Play.com and I don't visit *any* nasty sites, just the usual amazon/hmv/play/gmail/google etc. Thankfully the Verified by Visa stopped them but I've no idea how my card number/dates were pulled/calculated.