Photo

10 Metabolism Boosting Tricks

weight loss starvation mode protein synthesis fucoxanthin acetic acid polyunsaturated fats arginine obesogens

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,577 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:35

It's actually pretty good, and interdsting, stuff.

On one hand it's very nutritious and used in sushi (love it), and on the other hand it's used to make alginate which is used in bandages for hard to heal wounds & dental impressions, and for making masks & appliances for the movie F/X industry.

#17 briangw

briangw

The best damn band in the land!!!

• 3,445 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:48

I'm running a 5K in June, so I have started working out with a mixture of high intensity cardio/weight lifting and running, on alternating days. I also am cutting back on portion sizes as that has always been an issue for me.

In 2005, I lost 49 lbs over 4 months doing nothing but elliptical trainers and following Weight Watchers points, but gained it back and then some. Aside from this 5K, I also want to lose 60 lbs before my 20 year high school reunion in July.

Jalapenos are good for metabolism as well as broccoli, grapefruit, oatmeal and beans.

I love the PDF from John Walker entitled The Hacker's Diet. Good info in there: http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/

#18 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 17,577 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:00

Have to be very careful with grapefruit as there arde at least 85 medications it has interactions with.

http://well.blogs.ny...drug-reactions/

#19 briangw

briangw

The best damn band in the land!!!

• 3,445 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:05

Have to be very careful with grapefruit as there arde at least 85 medications it has interactions with.

http://well.blogs.ny...drug-reactions/

Yep, one of them is trazadone which I am on. I actually need to ask my Doctor about that because he just put me on it last month before I started working out. And I LOVE grapefruit.

#20 +zhiVago

zhiVago

World Citizen

• 9,318 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:39

I always wondered. If sexual release really lowers stress then why masturbation is not as effective?

imho, there are two reasons for this:

1. There's an inverse relationship between the mental stress and the physical activity. The physical activity reduces the stress.

People feel themselves calm and relaxed after a visit to a gym, for example.

Now, which of the following gives your body more exercise, more physical activity:

a) a motion of an arm where only a few relatively small muscles are involved, or
b) a motion of a torso/body/pelvis where the core (major) muscles are involved.

2. Female scent/pheromones are not present during mastrubation.

#21 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• 20,983 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 (very cheap second hand)

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:37

imho, there are two reasons for this:

1. There's an inverse relationship between the mental stress and the physical activity. The physical activity reduces the stress.

People feel themselves calm and relaxed after a visit to a gym, for example.

Now, which of the following gives your body more exercise, more physical activity:

a) a motion of an arm where only a few relatively small muscles are involved, or
b) a motion of a torso/body/pelvis where the core (major) muscles are involved.

2. Female scent/pheromones are not present during mastrubation.

What if my masturbation technique is really REALLY intense? :shifty:

#22 +zhiVago

zhiVago

World Citizen

• 9,318 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:56

What if my masturbation technique is really REALLY intense? :shifty:

Like engaging BOTH arms? :D Your butt is still gonna be motionless hence the core muscles won't be working...and there'll be no female odours there no matter how hard you try, just your own sweat :D

#23 alwaysonacoffebreak

alwaysonacoffebreak

Neowinian Senior

• 2,597 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:40

Maybe because your subconscious "knows" it's not real sex, so it's not as "mentally" satisfying ?

But the end outcum is still the same so what's the difference "mentally"? :laugh:

#24 Original Poster

Original Poster

C++ n00b

• 2,968 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 23:26

I lost 2 stone between mid october and late november through lifting weights 3 times a week 24 reps of 4 different excersises on highest weight my arms could bear