Bill Gates Aspergers Question

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,059 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 00:34

Posted Image not sure if this is a legit question.

#47 Luis Mazza

Luis Mazza

Neowinian

• 1,733 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 00:50

Also, many people who get a degree in Psychology, unlike Psychiatry, don't end up working in the medical or counseling professions. They're usually using that degree to augment another field, such as marketing, the arts, design, business management, communications, etc.. And, it's not outdated theories, but rather practical application.

Yes, those areas make more sense for some psychologists, but not all of them. Actually a good psychologist is a much better option to treat some aspects of mental illness than bad or mediocre psychiatrists. They're just a bit more rare, though.
There are some psychology theories that are too old and cannot be proved (like almost all of Freud's claims), that's why it's not actually a science. They may be interesting, but modern research has put many of those theories in check.

#48 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,426 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 00:56

I thought it was common knowledge that he has Asperger's?
So what?

#49 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 00:57

We can speculate all day and never know for sure if he has it or not. I'm not sure it really matters either way.

#50 manifesto

manifesto

Veni Vidi Vici

• 2,058 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:09

I got this syndrome and it's so funny that many people here are saying BS without knowing what Aspengers really is. I'm not a psychopath and I don't have a low IQ either.
Bill Gates might got this syndrome but who really cares.

#51 +ngc891

ngc891

seething

• 134 posts
  • Phone: WP8

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:58

My 8 year old son was diagnosed with Asperger's a couple of years ago and yes, he can be a total handful at times, violent outbursts, apparent lack of self control, not recognising social cues, happy to spend time totally alone and yet he is amazing at mathematics. He will focus on one thing intently, even at the expense of everything and everyone else. If he grows up to be anything remotely like Bill Gates I will be pleased! However I did read a while ago that Hitler also may have had Asperger's and he didn't turn out particularly well...

#52 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,273 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:07

Geek Syndrome?

seriously?......... :rolleyes:

#53 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 33,589 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 23:12

Yeah, never actually heard it called that per-se, but I can see why. But that works on an assumption of one type of sufferer...

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!