editorial computing pyramid netmarketshare windows versions declining kinect

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#46 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,149 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 17:17

I think they have sponsored 10 projects that use Kinect. Does the author know about it? I doubt.

True, but nothing really has come of it that I have seen. Kinect used to be big news....now you hardly hear about it after the new/coolest factor wore off. I hope they do more with it as I looked at a lot of the projects that are out there and there are some really cool things you can do with Kinect.

#47 airedwin

airedwin

Neowinian

• 196 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 17:21

Stop making assumptions, reply without being rude, and actually understand what you are saying yourself next time. Its obvious the only think you did with the link I posted was look at the picture. You didnt read anything. Have a good day.

Lol. Dude, you're arguing with me about Kinect. This entire time I've been talking about the author of the article being a bad writer and not making valid points. You've actually agreed with that in some of your replies =/

#48 zeke009

zeke009

yeap...

• 1,337 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920 (AT&T)

Posted 04 April 2013 - 17:24

If people hate Windows 8 because of the UI, how are they going to take to waving their hands about in the air to control the machine?

I'll have to grab some popcorn and beer to watch that debacle and the hate that would follow.

#49 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Don't stop BOlieving!

• 16,186 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 04 April 2013 - 17:27

windows is for noobs and "simple" people. it lacks the aura of creativity apple has to offer or the aura of technology advance linux offers.

...so Windows doesn't have Photoshop, Premiere, or Pro Tools? Holy cow, I must be using an impostor version of Pro Tools on my PC! :o

And what is this "technology advance" you speak of? Complicated installing of programs? The inability to play 99% of games? Actually, I think your post is a little broken; let me fix that for ya...

windows OS X is for noobs and "simple" people. it lacks the Windows has the same aura of creativity apple has to offer or and the aura of technology advance linux offers (which you'll only get on Linux if you're prepared to set aside a week of your life learning how to actually use it).

#50 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• 4,864 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 17:29

Isn't that pretty much what Microsoft is doing? Windows 8 is supposed to compete in the combined market of Desktop Windows/Mac/Linux/iOS/Android ?Where do devices like the Surface Pro fit in which are neither desktop nor laptop?

Where does pride enter into the discussion? :huh:

I said even combining ipads and android tablets,windows still dominates with %90 of the market.that hasn't changed. im talking about combining the phone market with the desktop/laptop/tablet market is nonesense.

and about pride,the mac guys have their pride hurt from decades of domination. a mac guy most likely made that chart,combining 2 different markets to give his team some pride.

#51 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 17:30

i pretty much agree. windows is for noobs and "simple" people. it lacks the aura of creativity apple has to offer or the aura of technology advance linux offers.

No that would just be Windows 8. :D

#52 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

• 16,294 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 04 April 2013 - 19:26

Got to love the superiority complex some people have here in this thread, berating others for using a "noob" or "toy" or whatever OS.

They're just operating systems. Different OSes for different uses for different folks. Would you say server operating systems are not "real" operating systems for having barely any user-facing components other than a CLI?

#53 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,918 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 19:29

i pretty much agree. windows is for noobs and "simple" people. it lacks the aura of creativity apple has to offer or the aura of technology advance linux offers.
basically the same is true for the mobile OS.
also, it seems a bit ironic, that most hardcore gamer prefer a (windows) pc, making microsofts only amazing product - the xbox - less relevant than it should be.

I don't even like Windows 8 and I think this post is a complete joke. Given that pretty much all creative applications work just as well (if not better due to the better X64 frameworks present in Windows) on Windows as they do on Apple machines so that argument is hugely redundant now.

#54 wv@gt

wv@gt

Neowinian Senior

• 4,068 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 19:49

I don't know why people like the OP think this way. Computing is is a big transitional phase right now. It started with the laptops becoming desktop replacements and now with mobile phones and tablet. Between Apple/Google/Microsoft each have their different takes on where computing should go, but all seem to be set on a hybrid between desktop and mobile using touch. The desktop market is getting a silent shakeup right now. Apple will be at this point soon. While Mountain Lion has begun to integrate many features from iOS what will happen when they move to OS 11? Many might think Microsoft isn't innovating, if thats the case you need to look deeper. Kinect 2.0 is in the works, the next Xbox, Windows Phone trying to make a change to mobile OS's, and yes Windows 8 trying to bridge the gap.

#55 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

• 1,286 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 20:00

Now a day most of news are written by dumb people and analysts.