• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fusi0n

fusi0n

Don't call it a come back

• 3,920 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 04 April 2013 - 16:42

I have been having some issues with AT&T lately with my Nexus 4.. When I switched from my iPhone 5 to my Nexus 4, it just happened to also be when I went over the 5GB limit. I couldn't figure out what caused my data speed not to go above 10Kbs.. Short story, after 5 reps, and me going back to my iPhone and noticed it was doing the same thing on it, I suggested that it sounded like I was being throttled then they looked at my account and noticed that I was in the top 5% of data users and my account was throttled. I also find this very hard to believe seeing how I am on WiFi at home and office.. I only stream audio from Digitally Imported and that is only at 64kbs. Anyway.. After going back and fourth I through up the white flag and going to T-Mobile.. after 15 years..

I made this pic for AT&T and posted on their FB Page.. If you have seen any of my post on Neowin.. you will understand that I mostly replie with some sort of meme..

Posted Image

#2 OP fusi0n

fusi0n

• 3,920 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 19:45

lolol

#3 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• 5,376 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 19:50

Good luck with tmobile. They have unlimited but in some places their coverage sucks. here on long island they have a lot of dead zones. I am lucky though because cablevision has a ton of wifi access points. I rarely use my mobile data because of it. That's why I stick with att

#4 Order_66

Order_66

Neowinian Senior

• 1,676 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 20:08

Good luck with tmobile. They have unlimited but in some places their coverage sucks.

^This.

I had tmobile for a while, service was actually great in my area, 4G was fast and I used it to its limits, but whenever I would drive to a rural area there were connection issues left and right, that's the only reason i dumped them.
On straight talk now for the past 6 month using the AT&T sim in an HTC one X, never a dropped call, fast 4G hspa+ speeds, no issues at all.

#5 briangw

briangw

The best damn band in the land!!!

• 3,486 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 04 April 2013 - 20:27

My AT&T plan is unlimited. My company pays for my Windows 8 phone :D

Good luck with tmobile. They have unlimited but in some places their coverage sucks. here on long island they have a lot of dead zones. I am lucky though because cablevision has a ton of wifi access points. I rarely use my mobile data because of it. That's why I stick with att

Agreed. I had TMobile for about 10 years when I lived outside of the Twin Cities and various areas were spotty. There was still one stretch of road that was a dead spot for all of those years.

#6 OP fusi0n

fusi0n

• 3,920 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 20:42

Yeah, that is what I am getting from most of the T-Mobile reviews..

AT&T called me back saying they are going to add the Unlimited Data Package back to my plan but it will take up to 48 hours..

I am going to pick up a sim card from TMobile for the unlimited everything to test it out and put the AT&T sim in my iPhone

#7 OP fusi0n

fusi0n

• 3,920 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 23:57

Got T-Mobile, not to bad.. I wasn't expecting the call quality to be extremely clear.. The bad news is, I don't have service at my house.. But, the S4 is coming out on T-Mobile soon and they will be able to get the APKs for the wifi calling and port them over to the nexus.